Home

O.S. Full Minors 2010

This is a discussion on O.S. Full Minors 2010 within the MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 02-19-2010, 08:46 PM   #1
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56
O.S. Full Minors 2010

Okay guys....it's getting near that time again and I'm prepping everything for the Operation Sports Full Minors for 2010.
This years game offers a lot more flexibility in many franchise areas including injuries being manual.....being able to have full or partial control of all 1 through all 30 teams(and anything in between) and a great new addition is flexible potential ratings. No longer can you draft that A potential prospect and just forget about him until he is MLB ready. You're going to have to watch his progress...listen to your scouts and minor league managers and make a decision on what to do with your player. The same goes for C and B rated players as it is possible to find that hidden gem who might jump from a C to B(or A) or from B to an A
Also included this year is a 15 man Single A level which although is more work....will help make the franchise experience the best yet.
All in all this will make 2010 O.S. Full Minors the most important roster set I will create to date!

I'll of course be welcoming any and all help on this project and I've already received many PM's concerning this. Nothing helps me more than having fans of each team(and their minor league clubs) offer their insight...links to sites and even criticisms of the set. It all matters to me. Hence...the O.S. Full Minors name(instead of Knight165).....I love the fact that we all work this together.

Ksig24(who some of you might know....is an MLB scout) is in charge of the prospect listing and process for me this year. To me...this is huge.....as in the past deciding on some of these was very difficult for me(mostly the borderline ones)...plus having his insight to the minor league prospects is GOLD in my book. Again....I will be looking to get in at least the top 15-20 of each team...then adding as I can according to potential rating.

gpe1975 has also set up a roster making resource thread. While this is not "mine" and is open for everyone to use....it is a great idea and will help me find everything in one central location. I don't mind PM's at all(I welcome them!)....especially if it is one specific thing you want to add...but the thread will be a big help.

So feel free to post anything and everything you guys feel is important...
ETA for the first version...Opening Day
Thank you,

M.K.
Knight165

Last edited by Knight165; 03-17-2010 at 09:45 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-19-2010, 08:58 PM   #2
Banned

gpe1975's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: O.S. Full Minors 2010

Great to see that such talent is willing to once again take on the challenge of putting together rosters which have established a track record of being the best, most in-depth and detailed rosters of any sports game on any platform.

I would like to extend an invitation to any serious roster maker to become an admin/moderator over at the Roster Maker's Resource Site. While I do not expect any of you to do any of the leg work as far as managing the site, I would like to make the information as manipulative as possible so that you can get the most out of it. Furthermore, if you see something in the site that could be changed in order to make the information more coherent and usable, please do not hesitate to PM me here on OS.

The Roster Maker's Resource Site can be found by following the link below:

http://mlb10resources.proboards.com/index.cgi

Cheers! I can not wait to see this all come together this year!

-Grant

Last edited by gpe1975; 02-19-2010 at 08:58 PM. Reason: added name
Old 02-19-2010, 10:01 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 16

Oh boy! Here it goes!!!!!!
Old 02-19-2010, 10:05 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 47

So when will this be ready to go? Wait, better question when is the reality date going to happen at? I am sure you are shooting for as close as opening day as possible, but do you have an idea Knight?
Old 02-20-2010, 12:10 AM   #5
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottdau
So when will this be ready to go? Wait, better question when is the reality date going to happen at? I am sure you are shooting for as close as opening day as possible, but do you have an idea Knight?
As always...I shoot for Opening Day.
But it will most likely be a week or two after that.

M.K.
Knight165
Old 02-20-2010, 12:24 AM   #6
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

These are some of my thoughts for the top players at each position for the Full Minors.
Keep in mind...these are just my prelims...as I've just started to do my research in earnest.
Also....these are in no particular order.

Catcher
Jesus Montero(my top power prospect tied w/ Michael Stanton)
Buster Posey
Carlos Santana
Hank Conger
Tyler Flowers

First Base
Justin Smoak
Freddie Freeman
Logan Morrison
Yonder Alonso
Eric Hosmer

Second Base
Todd Frazier
Brett Lawrie
Chase D'Arnaud
Scott Sizemore
Jemile Weeks

Third Base
Pedro Alvarez
Josh Vitters
Brett Wallace
Mat Gamel
Matt Dominguez/Josh Bell/Bobby Borchering

Shortstop
Tim Beckham
Starlin Castro
Alcides Escobar
Carlos Triunfel
Grant Green

Outfield(I'll give you 10 instead of breaking it down)
Jason Heyward(my top average hitter along w/Brett Wallace)
Michal Stanton(power along w/Montero)
Desmond Jennings(my top speed guy)
Dustin Ackley
Ryan Westmoreland
Austin Jackson
Josh Reddick
Aaron Hicks
Michael Trout
Ben Revere/Michael Taylor/Donavan Tate

SP
Steven Strasburg
Brian Matusz
M. Bumgarner
Aroldis Chapman
Neftali Feliz(don't know if he will start or relieve)
Trevor Reckling
M. Montgomery
J. Walden
J. Hellickson
Martin Perez

Along with Feliz...Storen....Scheppers....Lindblom...Poreda.. .Aumont are my RP's...

There were a LOT of close guys in here...and I have a list about as long with guys who could replace some guys already listed.....and again....they are not in any particular order.

Also....Ksig's list is probably going to be a lot different and more interesting than mine!

M.K.
Knight165
Old 02-20-2010, 02:21 AM   #7
LVP

BatsareBugs's Arena

OVR: 39

Hey Knight, I've prepared an excel spreadsheet (MLB 10: The Show format for MLB, AAA, AA, and A) for the San Diego Padres.

I just finalized the players in the list (and it may change throughout S/T as players get cut off the 40-man roster and NRI go to free agency), but for the most part with all things equal from now to opening day, I think I nailed on projected 25-man rosters for the MLB level and AAA level for San Diego. AA is close with an A-level prospect (Drew Cumberland) and a AAA-level prospect (Michael Collins) put in. I also have filled the 15-man A roster with Low-level prospects (which include some of the Padres top prospects).

It'll take me a while to fill in the additional information I wanted to fill in on the spreadsheet which may help in creating or editing these players.

Edit: BTW, Poreda is expected to be in the AAA rotation for the Padres to being the season, they'll give him one more shot at starting.
Old 02-20-2010, 03:39 AM   #8
MVP

OVR: 18

good to know you're getting some help this year.

i half arsed some scouting reports for the m's and put em on the proboards site. i'll put up some more detailed stuff if i can get the time.

fyi- dustin ackley was moved to 2b a couple weeks into the arizona fall league. reports are that he looked good and has picked up the position well. looks like he's gonna stick there.

thanks again everyone helping out w/the rosters this year!!!

STANCE GUIDE
http://bit.ly/HtkpmT
MOTION GUIDE
http://bit.ly/IqkdGh
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters »