Home

Official SCEA Roster Feedback

This is a discussion on Official SCEA Roster Feedback within the MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 06-09-2010, 09:57 PM   #81
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Official SCEA Roster Feedback

It was mentioned before but it's still wrong. For the Twins, Luke Hughes is not a Pitcher. He's an infielder. I think he spent most of his time in the minors at shortstop and second base but he played third for the few games he was in the majors. Please fix this since we can't change a pitcher to a position player.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2010, 10:38 PM   #82
MVP

jrivera34's Arena

OVR: 10

Mike Pelfrey should be rated higher than John my pinky hurts Maine and Ike Davis should be rated higher than tatis and murhpy, especially with his fielding at 37 and tatis at 67 or something like that. Johan Santana and krod should not throw in the high 90s either.
Old 06-13-2010, 12:03 PM   #83
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrivera34
Mike Pelfrey should be rated higher than John my pinky hurts Maine and Ike Davis should be rated higher than tatis and murhpy, especially with his fielding at 37 and tatis at 67 or something like that. Johan Santana and krod should not throw in the high 90s either.
Agree with all of this.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 06-20-2010, 09:46 PM   #84
MVP

Bondsfan's Arena

OVR: 8

Does SCEA ever edit the attributes of the players in their rosters during the season? It's just under the half way point for the season and I've yet to notice any of the attributes changed for the SCEA players on the Giants. Worse yet, I don't really notice any difference from the players from the exact same player the year before.

For example, Nate Schierholtz still has a contact of over 90 against lefties. That's just preposterously high. Guys like Juan Uribe are way underrated but players like Edgar Renteria and Aaron Rowand are rated like its 2005.

I just don't really notice much of a difference from week to week, let alone from year to year. I compare it to a game like Madden, where it seems like ratings are reevaluated every few weeks and changed.
Old 06-21-2010, 02:32 AM   #85
I Drink Like A Champion!!

yankeesgiants's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondsfan
Does SCEA ever edit the attributes of the players in their rosters during the season? It's just under the half way point for the season and I've yet to notice any of the attributes changed for the SCEA players on the Giants. Worse yet, I don't really notice any difference from the players from the exact same player the year before.

For example, Nate Schierholtz still has a contact of over 90 against lefties. That's just preposterously high. Guys like Juan Uribe are way underrated but players like Edgar Renteria and Aaron Rowand are rated like its 2005.

I just don't really notice much of a difference from week to week, let alone from year to year. I compare it to a game like Madden, where it seems like ratings are reevaluated every few weeks and changed.
The ratings are based on a 3 year average, not week to week. They are adjusted slightly once a month.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2010, 02:49 PM   #86
MVP

Bondsfan's Arena

OVR: 8

I know they are based on a 3 year average, but look at the numbers of some of the veterans in the game like Edgar Renteria and Aaron Rowand. These guys have been terrible for the past 2 1/2 seasons. How can they justify not lowering their ratings?

I mentioned the 92 contact rating for Nate Schierholtz against LH. Nate has only 120 ABs against LH pitching in 3 years in the majors. He rarely starts against LH. Yes, his career BA against LH pitching is over 300, but it's based on a ridiculously small sample size. If you went with the logic of handing out ratings over 90 based on 100 ABs, then Buster Posey should be a beast.
Old 06-22-2010, 02:28 PM   #87
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondsfan
I mentioned the 92 contact rating for Nate Schierholtz against LH. Nate has only 120 ABs against LH pitching in 3 years in the majors. He rarely starts against LH. Yes, his career BA against LH pitching is over 300, but it's based on a ridiculously small sample size. If you went with the logic of handing out ratings over 90 based on 100 ABs, then Buster Posey should be a beast.
If by beast you mean hitting .269 with 1 HR and 7 RBI's in 93 AB's, then I guess your definition of beast isn't the same as mine :P. Expand that into a 600 AB season and you're looking at what? 7 hr's and 45 rbi's. That's what Posey is looking at through almost 100 AB's.

Conversely Shierholtz is a career .378 hitter against lefties...you're right it's a small sample size (127 AB's), but what else would you base it off of? 21% of his career AB's are against lefties...compared to a guy with a really long career, take Cal Ripken Jr. for example, has ~28% of his career AB's against lefties (Pujols is at about 25%, Ortiz oddly is at 29%). So comparatively, it isn't a very bad sample.

Maybe you should be sending hate mail to Bochy asking him why Shierholtz doesn't hit against lefties more .
Old 06-22-2010, 10:35 PM   #88
Rookie

OVR: 1

Could we please get Luke Hughes fixed. Come on, it's been like a month with him listed as a RP. Also could we please add Danny Valencia (sp?). He's been in the majors for about 3 weeks now.

I've tried to send this to The Show with the feedback feature on-line but the message always bounces back with the error message of there is no such player as Feedback. If it's not just me getting this message, it should be fixed.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters »