Home

MLB 10 The Show updated rosters

This is a discussion on MLB 10 The Show updated rosters within the MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-09-2012, 06:59 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 10 The Show updated rosters

thanks, will update you if i have any problems
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-09-2012, 09:58 PM   #26
Rookie

Thx for ur hard work. Haven't had a chance to view the rosters yet, but will let u know how they look after the Sawx game ;-).

I have an unrelated question to anyone happening to stumble across it. What's the best way to get a Franchise-mode team to the 2012 season without the CPU making all sorts of wonky trades, FA signings, and the like? What's the point of updated rosters if you have to simulate the 2010 and 2011 seasons and the rosters get all jacked up anyway?? Just wondering because I hate seeing franchise cornerstones like Joey Votto, Giancarlo Stanton, or Cole Hamels get traded for essentially peanuts.
Old 04-09-2012, 11:08 PM   #27
MVP

bhrangerfan0809's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by eSSduBBz
Thx for ur hard work. Haven't had a chance to view the rosters yet, but will let u know how they look after the Sawx game ;-).

I have an unrelated question to anyone happening to stumble across it. What's the best way to get a Franchise-mode team to the 2012 season without the CPU making all sorts of wonky trades, FA signings, and the like? What's the point of updated rosters if you have to simulate the 2010 and 2011 seasons and the rosters get all jacked up anyway?? Just wondering because I hate seeing franchise cornerstones like Joey Votto, Giancarlo Stanton, or Cole Hamels get traded for essentially peanuts.
Yeah, I'm not sure how to sustain these rosters until the 2012 season on Franchise mode, but then again these rosters are pretty much geared towards quick mode and exhibition mode play.
Old 04-10-2012, 12:27 PM   #28
Rookie

Pretty impressive how accurate the rosters look. I like having my Red Sawx squad complete with all the prospects through the minors.

There are some disparaging "Potential" ratings for some of the league's bright young stars, however. Specifically I noticed Eric Hosmer and Matt Moore both had Potential ratings of "D", which I doubt is the public consensus. Is this rating editable?
Old 04-10-2012, 04:12 PM   #29
Rookie

mustard_tits's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhrangerfan0809
He may be, but I know that I shouldn't have any trouble moving him there if he isn't. Some players that have retired will have to stay with the last franchise they played with (they'll be assigned to single-A) due to the shortage of fake players to swap them with in the FA pool
I didn't manage to find Griffey on the Mariners or Reds single-A teams (on any team, for that matter). Sorry to be a nuisance.
Old 04-10-2012, 05:15 PM   #30
MVP

bhrangerfan0809's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by eSSduBBz
Pretty impressive how accurate the rosters look. I like having my Red Sawx squad complete with all the prospects through the minors.

There are some disparaging "Potential" ratings for some of the league's bright young stars, however. Specifically I noticed Eric Hosmer and Matt Moore both had Potential ratings of "D", which I doubt is the public consensus. Is this rating editable?
Yeah, the potential ratings aren't editable, and to actually have them as A potential, I'd have to recreate them from some blank prospect who has A potential and just replace the old person with somebody else. I could do this, but it won't be done until I've gone thru each team and edited their rosters first
Old 04-10-2012, 09:35 PM   #31
Rookie

Roster look great! Thanks again!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-10-2012, 09:55 PM   #32
Rookie

bhrangerfan0809 - thank you so much for your hard work. i truly appreciate this. i went out and got a cheap copy of MLB 10 because of these rosters and I am really enjoying the game with them. i rented MLB 12 and felt almost identical to 2010 and 2011 so the rosters are really useful, hope you keep updating them. truly awesome job man. thank you so much!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters »