Home

STREAMLINED KRITTER'S RATINGS KALKULATOR FOR 2012!!!

This is a discussion on STREAMLINED KRITTER'S RATINGS KALKULATOR FOR 2012!!! within the MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-20-2012, 01:30 PM   #25
Rookie

danner's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: STREAMLINED KRITTER'S RATINGS KALKULATOR FOR 2012!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kritter77
Basically I coupled certain stats with each other in order to come up with a comprehensive rating. In order to simplify this, I paired them, added the "leader" stats up, and then figured what percentage of the total each stat represented. To change it correctly, you have to come up with your leader stats, add them up, divide each leader stat by the total to come up with the percentage, and put the leader stat and percentage into the calculators. It's pretty easy to tell which stats are coupled, for one they are next to each other, and for two their percentages add up to 100. Basically if there is a 100% involved, its all that one stat, and the percentage won't need changing, just the "leader" stat... I left the leader stats a bit smaller than the actual record so that more than just one person could get a 99, that's really up to you. Hope that helps, ENJOY!!!
Hey, thanks for the quick reply, it's very much appreciated. I'm still a bit confused, however. Here is the part I'm referring too. It's under the CALC1 tab:

I assume I would need to change the the number in the "MAX" row to the leader numbers, but I don't understand where the numbers in the "%" row come from.

After changing the leader numbers in the other categories, I'm coming out with excellent results, but I just can't get the speed rating right.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2012, 05:34 PM   #26
Pro

OVR: 10

Ok, you have SB and SB % coupled together, and Doubles and Triples coupled together, for SB and SB % you have leader stats of 70 and 90 (70 SB or 90% successful SB%). You add those 2 numbers up and it adds up to 160. Divide 90 by 160 to get that percentage, and 70 by 160 to get that one.

(IMPORTANT) You must put the percentages in the opposite stat line, in other words if you get 56%, you put the opposite amount (44%) on that stat, and 56% on the other stat, this makes the stat that occurs less be worth more points...

With doubles and triples you have "leader stats" of 53 doubles and 21 triples, add those together, you have 74. 53 is 72% of 74, 21 is 28%, flip them to make triples more valuable, and you get the score for doubles and triples.

Here is a snag you might be hitting, if a person has no SB attempts, the calculator will come out #DIV/0!, this means dividing by 0, which it won't do. To fix this, go to the calculator and change any mention of this to 0 (do this only if you are doing stats for an individual player, and don't save this EVER) That will allow the calculator to add up the stats, and you will get your speed score, hope this helps. ENJOY!
Old 04-20-2012, 06:11 PM   #27
gtm
M*t*l F*r*v*r

gtm's Arena

OVR: 18

Kritter, great job on the kalkulator and appreciate your time in making it. Just wish you could come up with one like Bahnzos.

CLICK ME==> NY Mets Dynasty Page

I'm the only person on the planet that says sports games AI should be tested in cpu/cpu mode

U.S. Navy Veteran (Disabled Vet)

"Life, Liberty, And Pursuit Of All Who Threaten It"
Old 04-20-2012, 06:14 PM   #28
Rookie

danner's Arena

OVR: 3

Excellent! I understand now. Thank you very much for taking the time to explain this to me. The problem I was running into came from changing the numbers in the first row (MAX) but not the second row ( % ). Now that I know how to properly update those numbers, the ratings are coming out how I would expect. Now I'm one step closer to reliving the 1993 season.
Old 04-20-2012, 07:56 PM   #29
Pro

If somebody taught me how to link with Websites to get the stats and do the drop down menus, I would...
Old 04-20-2012, 09:22 PM   #30
gtm
M*t*l F*r*v*r

gtm's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kritter77
If somebody taught me how to link with Websites to get the stats and do the drop down menus, I would...
JK!!! I know you would. Great job man.

CLICK ME==> NY Mets Dynasty Page

I'm the only person on the planet that says sports games AI should be tested in cpu/cpu mode

U.S. Navy Veteran (Disabled Vet)

"Life, Liberty, And Pursuit Of All Who Threaten It"
Old 04-25-2012, 04:41 AM   #31
Pro

Amazing what you can find when you actually go looking for it!

I found out how to do the drop down menus, and now my Kalkulator is equipped with menus for Team, Position, Year, Age, Throws, Bats, and Born US!!!

Unfortunately, I still don't know how to get stats from BR.com to do what Bahnzo did, but this makes this a little easier to do. Can anybody help me learn how to do this w/o having to type all these stats in myself?
Attached Files
File Type: rar RATINGS CALCULATOR.rar (21.0 KB, 64 views)
File Type: rar PITCHER RATINGS CALCULATOR.rar (21.8 KB, 48 views)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-27-2012, 12:00 PM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 2

Use Fangraphs.com, it allows you to customize the stats you want and than export the table into excel.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters »