Home

Turn Back The Clock: 1994 Season Replay-The Season That Never Was

This is a discussion on Turn Back The Clock: 1994 Season Replay-The Season That Never Was within the MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-11-2012, 07:11 PM   #1
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56
Turn Back The Clock: 1994 Season Replay-The Season That Never Was

For those that love historical rosters.....this year with MLB The Show, the choices for such sets are at an all time high!(I LOVE IT! )

After starting and then having to put on the back burner for a while, I have once again picked up on creating a historical set for The Show.
Like the version...Turn Back The Clock: 2000 Season Replay-A Subway Series....this years installment ....Turn Back the Clock: 1994 Season Replay-The Season that Never Was will include every player who played at least one game at the MLB level in 1994.....an injury log and a transaction(trades...very few obviously) log so that you can exactly replicate(and then put YOUR finish on it!) that fateful year.

As many of you know....1994 was the strike season and the regular season nor the playoffs or World Series was never finished. You can truly put your own dose of reality into this historical replay!
1994 saw the Montreal Expos "finish" in 1st place in the NL East....The Reds leading the Central and L.A. in the West. The AL had the Yankees in the East...the White Sox in the Central and the Rangers in the West(the Sox and Rangers with slim 1 game leads)
Some of the players you'll get to use and go up against are guys like Kenny Lofton, The Big Hurt Frank Thomas, Albert Belle, Cal Ripken, Kirby Puckett, Paul Molitor...Cone, Clemens, Mussina, Randy Johnson, Pat Hentgen...
Maddux, Saberhagen, Danny Jackson, Doug Drabek.....Bagwell, Bonds, Grissom, Alou, Justice, Biggio, Walker just to name a few.

For this set....all info, ratings and faces will be completed as per the '94 season as well as equipment and stances(to the best of my ability)

As of 6/11 I've got the NL East, Pittsburgh, Baltimore and N.Y. Yankees completed.

I'll keep you guys posted as I progress and throw a link up now and then for you guys to see the progress and give any suggestions you would like.

Thanks!
EDIT

LINK TO COMPLETED VERSION
http://www.sendspace.com/file/x6wke6
M.K.
Knight165

Last edited by Knight165; 08-25-2012 at 07:32 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2012, 07:14 PM   #2
The Future

seanjeezy's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Turn Back The Clock: 1994 Season Replay-The Season That Never Was

Does Ken Griffey JR. get 99 power and 90's contact? He was an absolute beast that year
Old 06-11-2012, 07:31 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 10

This is great to hear Knight, with this, a 96 set, 90 set, and the 84 Set, there are a lot of years to keep me busy for a long time. Definately looking forward to this as your 2000 set was awesome.
Old 06-11-2012, 09:28 PM   #4
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanjeezy
Does Ken Griffey JR. get 99 power and 90's contact? He was an absolute beast that year
Perhaps!
I think he hit .325 and 40 HR's in 114 games(I doubt he played all 114 from that season even....) so his power #'s are going to be up there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rwings832
This is great to hear Knight, with this, a 96 set, 90 set, and the 84 Set, there are a lot of years to keep me busy for a long time. Definately looking forward to this as your 2000 set was awesome.
Thanks....that 2000 set was my favorite of all my makings....and that's rosters that stretch as far back as Front Page Sports Baseball...and many High Heat historical sets including my previous favorite(s)....1951 and 1986.
I actually kept The Show '10 around just to finish up that replay.

In a way....1994 will be even more fun. No real winners and with only 114 games played that year.....the final months are really all for you to rewrite!

M.K.
Knight165
Old 06-11-2012, 10:00 PM   #5
Most Valuable Pepe

baumy300's Arena

OVR: 40

I am going to download this twice just for good measure.
It makes me sad
I post the frog
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2012, 11:08 PM   #6
Pr*

Joey's Arena

OVR: 15

Sounds awesome, Knight. It was such an exciting year in the making with some guys having monster power seasons, Gwynn chasing .400 and some good pennant races. I'll definitely be writing my own history with these!
Old 06-11-2012, 11:14 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 3

As difficult a year as it is to do with the way with the lack of pre 1998 flexability in The Show, anyone who played the 2000 roster can rest assure Knight is going to do the best 1994 that can possibly be done.
Old 06-12-2012, 06:21 AM   #8
Rookie

Seltaeb9091's Arena

OVR: 2

This sounds enticing. Makes me want to try to hit 62 with Matt Williams.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters »