Home

OS All-Time Classic Roster (The Show '13)

This is a discussion on OS All-Time Classic Roster (The Show '13) within the MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-13-2013, 08:14 PM   #1
MVP

drsublime's Arena

OVR: 8
OS All-Time Classic Roster (The Show '13)

*UPDATE*

current WIP file

OSAllTimeClassRosterWIP

10 Teams complete as of 4/14

*Note*

Goal 1 is for a full 40 man roster, and possibly even more then 40 per team.

Goal 2 is to merge that roster with Knights full minors... so the weird prospects leftover in this roster go away and are replaced with real team top prospects.

Depending on how fast this rolls out will determine if we release two versions, non minors and minors or just one with minors... really depends on if we get done before knight and his crew

link to list of stances / deliveries

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...s-motions.html

from Knights Roster

"GUYS.....THERE IS A ROSTER IN THE VAULT...NAMED POTENTIAL ROSTER BY YANKSDANIEL99
IT CONTAINS THE A/B +/- players on the Orioles and the Red Sox
Download and export those players to import for use for your various A/B level prospects(the high A is for the top..top prospects....etc)
Thanks!"-- MK KNIGHT
__________________________________________________ ______________

last year we had a great effort by a bunch of people, myself, bedwardsroy19, pjsnell, hoser, bigklu, scooter (im probably missing some)

Last year was also chaotic with multiple copies and other issues that dragged this out, so what I would like to do is assemble a team of roster/face makers and then just assign out teams and players for that person to create, which I feel will work better then so and so doing what they want when they want and will give us a realistic release date for this roster.

Obviously if you have a home town favorite team/year etc feel free to pipe up about that and I'm sure it would be easy to accommodate.

Alot of the CAPS from last year can be used again this year, you just have to load up last years games and transfer over the formula (taking a video or photos of the tv and each setting works the easiest)

so in all honesty, this should not take that long, and we might even, if we get enough people helping out, be able to get this roster up before Knight and his crew (who do an amazing job with the FULL Minors roster)

~DrSublime

link to the team and my file thread from last year

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...show-12-a.html

DrSublime's CAP Roster File
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ster-file.html

commited: drsublime, hoser, csura999,

M.K.
Knight165*(post full minor completion)

Last edited by drsublime; 04-29-2013 at 01:23 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-13-2013, 08:15 PM   #2
MVP

drsublime's Arena

Re: OS All-Time Classic Roster (The Show '13)

Request sticky

Last edited by drsublime; 01-13-2013 at 08:19 PM.
Old 01-13-2013, 08:20 PM   #3
MVP

drsublime's Arena

Team Assignment Post / Progress Chart
*subject to change

Arizona Diamondbacks = COMPLETE 3/7/13

Atlanta Braves = Baseballking888

Baltimore Orioles= Hoser = COMPLETE

Boston Red Sox = drsublime

Chicago Cubs = drsublime

Chicago White Sox

Cincinnati Reds =hoser COMPLETE

Cleveland Indians= ohdannyboy12

Colorado Rockies = hoser COMPLETE

Detroit Tigers= hoser COMPLETE

Houston Astros = hoser

Kansas City Royals = hoser

Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim

Los Angeles Dodgers = csura999

Miami Marlins

Milwaukee Brewers = csura999

Minnesota Twins = hoser COMPLETE 3/10/13

New York Mets = drsublime / knight165

New York Yankees = drsublime COMPLETE 3/26/13

Oakland Athletics = Complete 3/14/13

Philadelphia Phillies

Pittsburgh Pirates = hoser = complete

San Diego Padres

San Francisco Giants = drsublime

Seattle Mariners = drsublime

St. Louis Cardinals

Tampa Bay Rays

Texas Rangers= baumy

Toronto Blue Jays

Washington Nationals marsl4445* = COMPLETE

Last edited by drsublime; 04-14-2013 at 04:18 PM. Reason: update
Old 01-13-2013, 08:47 PM   #4
Rookie

csura999's Arena

OVR: 2

Last year, my Babe Ruth, Curt Schilling, and Greg Maddux was on this roster. It was really cool seeing some of my players on these rosters!

I'd love to be able to contribute some faces for players from all around Major League Baseball again for MLB 13. Does it have to be specific players and or specific teams? Because I'd love to be able to make players from all over the league.
Old 01-13-2013, 10:35 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 3

Count me in. I'll be happy to take on Minnesota and Colorado and as many other teams as possible.

I also have a spreadsheet I've been working on for a number of months. It includes the top 70+ all time players for each franchise. The columns include first name, last name, position, age, jersey number, height, weight, bats, throws, WAR, stance/delivery and notes. The notes include the pitch types for almost every pitcher (from the Neyer/James guide to pitchers and PITCH/FX) and the notable strengths and weaknesses of position players.

The players are sorted according to position and then the WAR value for the franchise they are assigned. In other words Andre Dawson's WAR value is based on his years in Chicago and doesn't include his years in Montreal because I've got him on the Cubs roster. I'll be happy to share this spreadsheet if it adds value.

There are some tough decisions that have to be made on players that played and starred for multiple franchises. In general I try to place a player on the franchise he played for the most years and/or had the most success. Some tough decisions include Randy Johnson, Reggie Jackson, Andre Dawson, Catfish Hunter, Jimmie Foxx, Frank Robinson, Cy Young, Gary Carter, Roger Clemens, Pedro Martinez, and many others.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-13-2013, 10:39 PM   #6
MVP

drsublime's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by csura999
Last year, my Babe Ruth, Curt Schilling, and Greg Maddux was on this roster. It was really cool seeing some of my players on these rosters!

I'd love to be able to contribute some faces for players from all around Major League Baseball again for MLB 13. Does it have to be specific players and or specific teams? Because I'd love to be able to make players from all over the league.
Awesome would love you have you on board for this!

that's how we did it last year (picking and choosing) and it was really chaotic, had so many duplicates and players that were never finished... i dont think we actually ever finished the roster we set out to last year because of the issues that came from this

it will work a lot better if we can have roster makers assigned to entire teams

(while also swallowing a bit of their own ego [myself included] and letting others make some of your favorite players)

PM me your email, we did a shared spreadsheet in google docs last year to track progress.. going to do the same again this year.

is there a specific team(s) you would like to be assigned?
Old 01-13-2013, 10:44 PM   #7
MVP

drsublime's Arena

so we got hoser and csura999 (two roster makers from last year) on board! awesome

unfortunately, bedwardsroy will not be joining the efforts this year, which is a big hit
Old 01-13-2013, 10:45 PM   #8
Rookie

csura999's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by drsublime
Awesome would love you have you on board for this!

that's how we did it last year (picking and choosing) and it was really chaotic, had so many duplicates and players that were never finished... i dont think we actually ever finished the roster we set out to last year because of the issues that came from this

it will work a lot better if we can have roster makers assigned to entire teams

(while also swallowing a bit of their own ego [myself included] and letting others make some of your favorite players)

PM me your email, we did a shared spreadsheet in google docs last year to track progress.. going to do the same again this year.

is there a specific team(s) you would like to be assigned?
No problem! I understand.
I'll do the Milwaukee Brewers (nice assumption! Hahaha) and I'll also do the Los Angeles Dodgers.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters »