Home

1955 Classic Rosters

This is a discussion on 1955 Classic Rosters within the MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-26-2013, 01:31 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
1955 Classic Rosters

Hey, OS! Just wanted to let you guys know I just posted my first draft of my 200+ hour project, a historical 1955 roster.

roster name: 1955 Classic Roster
user name: whoisJSR

The ratings are close to accurate, I've been tweaking them for a few weeks and finally got to the point where maybe I could use your help. I know some of the faces are off, as well, so if you see one that you think is severely disfigured, I can fix it.

To skirt the problem of the 14 teams not in MLB at the time (for season play) I used Minor League squads to fill those rosters. Most of them were representatives of that team's city in '55, but a few of them were off a year or two.

Please leave your feedback, and any suggestions to fix the roster, below!
Thanks guys!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-26-2013, 01:46 PM   #2
Rookie

Ljm623's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: 1955 Classic Rosters

wow this sounds cool, thanks for this, i love classic rosters.. i like to use these classic rosters people are making this year for Playoff mode
Old 05-26-2013, 05:43 PM   #3
Rookie

Thanks! It was my first time actually completing a roster. I have newfound respect for all of you that make rosters for the community to use. Because MAN it's a pain in the you-know-what lol. Still, I'm proud of the work so far, and it was a lot of fun to see it come together. I hope everyone enjoys it!
Old 05-27-2013, 01:00 AM   #4
Rookie

Negro league teams is another idea for filling in rosters.

I miss how old games like front page sports would let you tinker with league structure more. And play exhibitions between teams from different roster sets.
Old 05-29-2013, 03:01 AM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chakfu
Negro league teams is another idea for filling in rosters.
Assuming, of course, that I'm willing to put in the 10-20 hours it would take...
And, of course, in 1955, most of the Negro leagues were basically shells of the old leagues. Once players like Hank Aaron came over and played in the MLB, they stopped considering them as 'major' leagues due to integration. The cool thing about using MiLB in this case is you get to play as players such as Satchel Paige (who was trying to resurrect his career in the minors), or Maury Wills, and Orlando Cepeda, whom didn't debut until afterwards.

Now, if I had made this a 1945, or so, instead of '55, then that would've been a brilliant suggestion! For a split-second, I was about to slap myself for not even thinking of it. And then I remembered the reasons why I didn't try that haha. Thank you though!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-09-2020, 02:42 AM   #6
Rookie

Man I had an urge to download this. It's a shame the vault is gone and all of these are lost to time

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters »