Home

Classic Teams

This is a discussion on Classic Teams within the MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-24-2013, 09:06 AM   #49
Banned

OVR: 18
Re: Classic Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by bostongahden
Thanks! Ya know Billy I didn't even look at most of the the announced names and I agree. I didn't put them there.I was changing the players announced names that I had edited. Thanks for picking that up. Just list the ones you find and I'll fix them.As far as the 23/24 man rosters, I just wanted to get the roster out as quickly as I could so I only created enough player to make the rosters viable (usually 13 position players minimum and 10-11 pitchers). I only made between 50-70 players. A second pair of eyes is always great so list away and I'll put out a v1.1.
I imagine that unless a name is already in the game log you cannot get the announcers to call him properly right? Something that drives me crazy with the way the game handles these types of rosters is the fact that all the stats show 0. Is there any way to get career totals to show instead of 0? BTW nice job on these.
Old 08-24-2013, 02:18 PM   #50
MVP

bostongahden's Arena

OVR: 4

Well, these roster are everything I had hoped for. Here is my AL Wildcard game between the '70 Orioles and '68 Tigers. I was using the O's.

In the 4th, Jim Northrup led off with a single and things could have gotten out of hand after Cash drove him in with a two run shot to right.Al Kaline then followed with a one out triple. However, Palmer settled down to retire the next two hitters in this classic pitching duel between two HOFers. Palmer pitched into the 8th and was brilliant in the victory.

It looked as though McClain would cruise as he had the Orioles hitters handcuffed throughout most of the game until Elrod Hendricks took him over and out to right with a solo blast. The Orioles' seventh inning rally was ignited by Frank Robinson's single with no one out. That ended the day for McClain and brought Lasher into the fray. Then Brooks Robinson evened the ledger lining a single down the right field line to plate Frank. That set the stage for Merv Rettenmund's game winning double to left center. Check out the highlights below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_G_k6...ature=youtu.be

Next up, the NL Wildcard game between the '67 Cardinals and the '54 Giants,

Last edited by bostongahden; 08-24-2013 at 03:01 PM.
Old 08-24-2013, 02:20 PM   #51
MVP

bostongahden's Arena

Well, these roster are everything I had hoped for. Here is my AL Wildcard game between the '70 Orioles and '68 Tigers. I was using the O's.

In the 4th, things could have easily gotten out of hand. Jim Northrup led off with a single and was driven in courtesy of Cash's homer. Al Kaline then followed with a triple. However, Palmer settled down to retire the next two hitters in this classic pitching duel between two HOFers. Palmer pitched into the 8th and was brilliant in the victory.

It looked as though McClain would cruise as he had the Orioles hitters handcuffed throughout most of the game until Elrod Hendricks took him over and out to right. The Orioles' seventh inning rally was ignited by Frank Robinson's single with no one out. That ended the day for McClain and brought Lasher into the fray. Brooks Robinson promptly evened the ledger lining a single down the right field line to score Frank. This set the stage for Merv Rettenmund's game winning double to left center. The Tigers would threaten with a runner on second and two outs. Eddie Watt set pinch hitter Gates Brown down swinging to save it for the Orioles. Check out the highlights below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_G_k6...ature=youtu.be

The NL Wildcard is up next with the '67 Cardinals vs the '54 Giants.

Last edited by bostongahden; 09-18-2013 at 10:40 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2013, 02:36 PM   #52
Pr*

Joey's Arena

OVR: 15

Hey man, I see you're having issues with getting your post to show right. I'd you try it again, don't click Show Preview. Sometimes that messes it up.
Old 08-24-2013, 03:37 PM   #53
MVP

bostongahden's Arena

More than one way to skin a cat, Joey. Got things fixed up so check out my previous post. The tables wouldn't work.
Old 08-24-2013, 04:39 PM   #54
Banned

OVR: 21

Don Buford was a switch hitter...should have been hitting lefty against the righty. Highlights looked great though.
Old 08-24-2013, 05:43 PM   #55
MVP

bostongahden's Arena

Great! Thanks Capa. I coped that whole team over. Keep 'em comin'.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2013, 10:27 AM   #56
Rookie

OVR: 0

HA, I just noticed there is no "r" in garden for your screen name.

Ok, so I went through and changed some teams so that the ones I want are in the majors. You had said you were going to relax and hit up some time with these rosters, but I am just wondering how. When I went to start a "Season" (so only 15 minor leaguers) the '57 Braves promoted a lot of the '95 team, which had been in the Single-A team.

How do you get "just" the teams you want? Do you have to clear the roster of all others except the MLB team? I guess I am confused on how to do this now. For the life of me, I cannot understand why they have a roster vault, a player vault, but NOT a team vault. It seems like such a laborious project to now have to "cut" all 65 minor leaguers for each team.

Is there an easier way to do it?

I did also see a few errors, but I didn't write them (I need to start that) down. Sid Fernandez is a RH in-roster, but was a L/L in reality...that one I remembered.

(personal beef, too, for whomever made these originally; Cullen for Gullett? Garmano for Geronimo? Are people using these partially deaf? It is so silly to hear this stuff!)

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters »