Home

Sticking with MLB13?

This is a discussion on Sticking with MLB13? within the MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 02-02-2014, 12:36 AM   #33
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Sticking with MLB13?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majingir
The carry over franchise stuff is only PS4 isn't it?

And at least for me,only reason I'm not getting MLB14 is just to save money/have MLB15 be 2 years of improvements. Has nothing to do with me thinking MLB14 won't be good(unlike NHL where I skipped NHL14 cause NHL games flat out don't improve much at all).

I wasn't even gonna get MLB13(and just wait for MLB14 instead) but thanks to the Over-hyped Jays offseason and "The Show Live" stuff,I just had to get it(though still happy I got the game,my mini story behind how I got the game was cool,I even had someone else from OS get the game from the store I got it at)
Thats my thinking as well. I know 14 will be a great game, as the devs do a great job yearly with hti sgame. I just look at 13 being a great game and with me not having the money for a PS4, the money not spent can be saved for when I do get a PS4. Th eonly reason I ever bought a PS3 was for MLBTS, and the only reason I will buy a PS4 will be because of MLBTS. Its the only game I play that I can count on being good every year. With EA Football and 2k basketball that isnt always the case, and those are the only other games I play ever. Thankfully NBA2k was good for once this year finally

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Old 02-14-2014, 03:31 PM   #34
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
I'm sorry...but I can think of two small things that would probably tempt a few guys to jump to '14.

I can't say what they are....but they are nice additions.

M.K.
Knight165

It's done Knight......getting 14 for the PS3......knowing I can just keep playing my franchises on PS4 15 was enough for me to pre-order it today.

Madden 21 (PS5)
NBA 2K24 (PS5)
Dragons Dogma 2 (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 02-21-2014, 08:28 PM   #35
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majingir
Is anyone here gonna be sticking with MLB13 for the 2014 season? And if so, will you be doing roster updates regularly(like weekly or something)?

Would be great if we could do something like this and have people getting proper rosters for MLB13 cause if it's anything like NHL, there'll be alot of happy people when seeing people are still doing roster updates for the past years game.

I'm not getting MLB14, but it's not cause I don't think it'll be good, it's just mostly to save money for a year along with making next years game seem more improved(I'm not buying any sports game released for 2014 season,just so that 2015 season will seem like 2 years of improvements)
I was going to get 14 after the info on carry-over saves came out. But, I'd rather wait until 15 and experience the game with even more improvements, and likely this will be when I get a PS4, too. I can't justify spending $100 on the PS3 and Vita versions of 14. I'll just keep playing 13 this year.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-21-2014, 08:53 PM   #36
Pro

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseIH
Im also sticking with 13 as I cant afford a PS4 right now and since Im sure Knight and Co. will only be making rosters for the PS4 version I will just stick with 13 rthaer than blow 65$ on 14 for the PS3 and not have good rosters. Im sure 14 will be great as SCEA somehow always improve from year to year, but 13 is pretty amazing so I will be content until I have money to blow for a PS4. With all the problems the PS4 is having as well as the games I play like NBA2k being full of bugs and not as good as CG even if I had the money I wouldnt be buying a new console just yet anyway. My belief has always been to wait atleast a year if not longer when new consoles come out before buying so they can work out the bugs with the console and games.
Wait wait wait...

first of all, I highly doubt Knight and the other great OSers would leave the PS3 team completely hanging, with no rosters at all.

Second, from what I understand, the rosters are interchangeable across all versions of MLB '14.

So even if Knight knocked on Sony's door and said "I HATE THE PS3" and then ran off into the sunset, you'd still be able to use his PS4 rosters on your PS3 game.

I think. You should wait for someone to confirm but I definitely remember reading something about full inter-compatibility (can we please make this a real word?)
Old 02-21-2014, 09:13 PM   #37
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobhead
Wait wait wait...

first of all, I highly doubt Knight and the other great OSers would leave the PS3 team completely hanging, with no rosters at all.

Second, from what I understand, the rosters are interchangeable across all versions of MLB '14.

So even if Knight knocked on Sony's door and said "I HATE THE PS3" and then ran off into the sunset, you'd still be able to use his PS4 rosters on your PS3 game.

I think. You should wait for someone to confirm but I definitely remember reading something about full inter-compatibility (can we please make this a real word?)

Haha.....those would be my exact words!

Seriously though...

As soon as the PS3 version is released...work will begin on the O.S.F.M. set.
Hopefully it will be completed in time for the release on the4....
...and as you said....they are all interchangeable across platforms anyway.

M.K.
Knight165
Old 02-21-2014, 10:03 PM   #38
The Future

seanjeezy's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Wait wait wait...

Well to be fair to him, when he wrote that post in January we had no idea if saves would be cross-platform...
Old 02-21-2014, 11:48 PM   #39
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Wait wait wait...

I posted that before finding out from Knight that there was going to be a OSFM set for the PS3 this year

Im probably still staying with 13 cause of financial issues, but it is great that SCEA made it so the rosters are interchangable.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Old 02-22-2014, 09:40 AM   #40
C*t*z*n *f RSN

K_GUN's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by omega412930
yes im sticking with 13 for the season and have an updated offseason roster up on here and the vault that i updated at least once a week
whats the roster name to look for in the vault?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters »