Home

Porting Knight's 1994 set to MLB 14

This is a discussion on Porting Knight's 1994 set to MLB 14 within the MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-14-2014, 03:09 PM   #41
Pro

OVR: 4
Re: Porting Knight's 1994 set to MLB 14

Prolly wouldn't take all too much work to shift all players from HOU to MIL and vice versa so no matter what ends up getting done, those who don't like can fix easy. Personally having Biggio and Caminiti in Brewer blues just doesn't appeal to me. Everyone is entitled to their opinion but in this case like I was sayin it's a quick fix either way so no biggie. Looks like you guys are kickin butt on this...can't wait man!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-14-2014, 03:32 PM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSalsa
Are the Nationals the Expos? What did u do with Rays and Diamondbacks?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
Yes they are, same franchise and their away uniform is similar to a uniform the Expos used to have... too bad we don't have Expos gear as throwbacks though.

I'll be generic-ing out the Rays and D-Backs with awful, very old players on 1 year contracts with the idea that they'll only stay in the game one year as placeholders. This way, Rays and Backs will go for free agents during the season, claim guys off waivers and start building themselves up, and get good draft picks, then in the offseason they'll sign more free agents... I want the two teams to build themselves organically. At least, that's the idea, I'll have to test sim that once we're through.

There's really no good way to do it since we can't remove them. I hear the idea of putting in Japanese or Mexican teams in but I'm thinking this would bring a lot of players in the sim that have nothing to do with it. Doing it my way, the original players of the 2 teams are total non-factors.

THAT, or another idea would be to do some sort of fantasy expansion draft with the initial Free Agents and give both teams 25-men rosters + generic'd farm teams.
Old 04-14-2014, 04:05 PM   #43
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Parent
Yes they are, same franchise and their away uniform is similar to a uniform the Expos used to have... too bad we don't have Expos gear as throwbacks though.

I'll be generic-ing out the Rays and D-Backs with awful, very old players on 1 year contracts with the idea that they'll only stay in the game one year as placeholders. This way, Rays and Backs will go for free agents during the season, claim guys off waivers and start building themselves up, and get good draft picks, then in the offseason they'll sign more free agents... I want the two teams to build themselves organically. At least, that's the idea, I'll have to test sim that once we're through.

There's really no good way to do it since we can't remove them. I hear the idea of putting in Japanese or Mexican teams in but I'm thinking this would bring a lot of players in the sim that have nothing to do with it. Doing it my way, the original players of the 2 teams are total non-factors.

THAT, or another idea would be to do some sort of fantasy expansion draft with the initial Free Agents and give both teams 25-men rosters + generic'd farm teams.
Ok thanks...I look forward to having a season with my favorite team, Indians from 1994.

https://www.youtube.com/DarthRambo
Old 04-14-2014, 04:07 PM   #44
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan4889
Prolly wouldn't take all too much work to shift all players from HOU to MIL and vice versa so no matter what ends up getting done, those who don't like can fix easy. Personally having Biggio and Caminiti in Brewer blues just doesn't appeal to me. Everyone is entitled to their opinion but in this case like I was sayin it's a quick fix either way so no biggie. Looks like you guys are kickin butt on this...can't wait man!
Yeah I'd prefer them to be on correct teams. I can deal with wrong division lol. Either way its done, like you said it would be easy to swap players on the two teams.

https://www.youtube.com/DarthRambo
Old 04-15-2014, 04:02 PM   #45
Rookie

Almost done with copying down the NL Central, down to doing the pitchers of the Cards.

I'm thinking I'll be through with the National League this week.

Funny: One of Sony's fakes made it to the original 1994 set: I'd never heard of Francesco Calzado on St-Louis and I figured out why :-p

Last edited by Phil Parent; 04-15-2014 at 04:06 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-16-2014, 08:30 AM   #46
Pro

OVR: 4

I agree man...I think I'm going to change my 2 Japanese teams to older 87 and leftover 88s retirees...just thought about how you were saying the japanese players would be all mixed in the league leaders and it wouldn't look very authentic with shinzuke masakawa next to tony gwynn and kirk gibson
Old 04-16-2014, 09:39 AM   #47
Rookie

OVR: 3

Got the Braves and Nationals faces/equip done.......3 more to go

I've been getting slammed with work lately, so I won't be able to pick this back up until Friday evening.......I'll be able to work more diligently on it over the weekend and hope to have NL East completed and back into your hands
Old 04-16-2014, 12:26 PM   #48
Rookie

That's great man!

Halfway through copying down the Dodgers here, 2 teams and a half away from having finished the NL.

I'd love to finish that before tonight.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters »