Home

MLB the Show PS3 and Vita

This is a discussion on MLB the Show PS3 and Vita within the MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-18-2020, 10:41 PM   #1
Pro

reeshmd23's Arena

OVR: 0
MLB the Show PS3 and Vita

I was able to decrypt the saves and then use offzip to decrypt that data also. Looks like Hex editing is now possible
Attached Files
File Type: zip 00000000.zip (656.9 KB, 26 views)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2020, 01:22 PM   #2
Pro

Re: MLB the Show PS3 and Vita

Quote:
Originally Posted by reeshmd23
I was able to decrypt the saves and then use offzip to decrypt that data also. Looks like Hex editing is now possible
Yes, I did the same thing with a roster game save for MLB The Show 14 for PSVita and already identified some fields for each player like height, weight, age, etc. I actually hex edited those fields with success. Now, I am trying to find the skin color. There is a long way yet to get an editor. We are in the right way.

Last edited by lorak; 07-19-2020 at 09:12 AM.
Old 09-05-2020, 03:24 PM   #3
MVP

Madden08PCgmr's Arena

I just wasted about 6 hours trying to find a way to decrypt the PS4 files to get a look under the hood. Short of modding the PS4 (to use Xploder) which I don't care to do at this point, it doesn't seem possible right now.

I have a PS3 and a Vita.. Ordered 16 for PS3 should be here Monday. I'd love to get in on this.

I'm no stranger to the Madden Editing community/tools. I have almost no experience with hex editing, but I'm willing to die trying, especially since I've wasted so much life on the in game MLBtS editor.

If you guys like to collaborate on this, let me know.

Last edited by Madden08PCgmr; 09-05-2020 at 03:29 PM.
Old 09-17-2020, 07:01 PM   #4
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madden08PCgmr
I have a PS3 and a Vita.. Ordered 16 for PS3 should be here Monday. I'd love to get in on this.

I'm no stranger to the Madden Editing community/tools. I have almost no experience with hex editing, but I'm willing to die trying, especially since I've wasted so much life on the in game MLBtS editor.

If you guys like to collaborate on this, let me know.
This is interesting, help in editing is always welcome. I am working time to time on the roster file for MLB14 The Show for PSVita.

I already found where to look in a roster file game save to hex-edit the following data:
Weigth, Height, SerY -years of MLB Service-, SerD -days of MLB Service-, Team, Position, 2nd position, Born in USA -yes or no-, Jersey Number, Age, Switch batter -yes or no-, Throwing hand and Skin color.

In order to identify the location of player's ratings we only have hex-editing there is no other way at this moment. I found the above that way.

I also know how to edit the schedule editing game files and perhaps from a game save too.

Last edited by lorak; 09-19-2020 at 12:43 PM. Reason: more info
Old 09-20-2020, 08:16 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

Can you upload an offline link for the roster?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2020, 09:48 PM   #6
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeViNxAnThOnY
Can you upload an offline link for the roster?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I cannot do it, as there is no roster yet. I am just trying to figure out where to look to hex-edit a roster game save and other assets. There is progress but still a long way to go.
Old 09-21-2020, 06:38 PM   #7
MVP

Madden08PCgmr's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorak
This is interesting, help in editing is always welcome. I am working time to time on the roster file for MLB14 The Show for PSVita.

I already found where to look in a roster file game save to hex-edit the following data:
Weigth, Height, SerY -years of MLB Service-, SerD -days of MLB Service-, Team, Position, 2nd position, Born in USA -yes or no-, Jersey Number, Age, Switch batter -yes or no-, Throwing hand and Skin color.

In order to identify the location of player's ratings we only have hex-editing there is no other way at this moment. I found the above that way.

I also know how to edit the schedule editing game files and perhaps from a game save too.
I got as far as downloading offzip, now its time to start tearing into the files.

I'll talk to my guys over at FI.. not sure what their level of interest will be, but I know one in particular that may be able to throw something together if we can identify all the relevant fields.

(REALLY wish I took programming seriously while I was in school...)
Old 09-22-2020, 11:44 AM   #8
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madden08PCgmr
(REALLY wish I took programming seriously while I was in school...)
This is a great piece of wisdom for all students out there.

Coming back to the topic: If you contact those guys and are willing to help, this is great news.

Attached to this message there is an MLB 14 The Show roster file for PSVita for research purposes only. It contains an encrypted roster -DATA_00.BIN- and a CRC.BIN file. Notice that this CRC.BIN file contains in opposite byte ordering the checksum obtained from DATA_00.BIN through the CRC-32 algorithm. Look at the image below.

The other file in the zip, 00000000 -decompressed-.le5, is the decompressed roster. After hex-editing the decompressed roster, repack it to DATA_00.BIN with offzip. Get its new checksum, then edit the CRC.BIN accordingly, otherwise you get a corrupt file. Of course, we first need to find where to edit.

Remember that this is not ready, we try to work together to find something useful.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg roster file CRC.jpg (102.9 KB, 212 views)
Attached Files
File Type: zip MLB14 TheShow research file.zip (1.08 MB, 9 views)

Last edited by lorak; 09-24-2020 at 09:21 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters »