Home

All-Star or Hall of Fame?

This is a discussion on All-Star or Hall of Fame? within the MLB The Show Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: What level
All-Star 19 54.29%
Hall of Fame 16 45.71%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-11-2008, 04:36 PM   #1
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

OVR: 25
All-Star or Hall of Fame?

Just curious what level most of you guys play on. I currently play on All-Star but I was thinking about putting it on Hall of Fame. I've always played sports games on the level below the most difficult level. I have noticed that many games just make the most difficult level harder by simply making the player attributes better (which is unrealistic). For example, I remember on Madden slow players would catch quick running backs when you played on All-Madden. Does this game do anything like that?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2008, 04:41 PM   #2
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

OVR: 52
Re: All-Star or Hall of Fame?

HOF, I wish there was another level higher to be honest.
Old 07-11-2008, 04:46 PM   #3
All Star

RAZRr1275's Arena

OVR: 67

all star for me.
Old 07-11-2008, 10:51 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
HOF, I wish there was another level higher to be honest.
I agree. It's a shame such a great game becomes so easy. The game wa so nice and balanced for me for about the first 50 games or so, then I couldn't lose anymore. (For the most part) I mean it's not fun getting 15-20 base hits every game. It's not fun having multiple batters batting .400-.500. It's not fun having multiple pitchers on my staff with .300+ averages towards the end of the season.

It's sad I find myself playing with the sliders more than the game itself to get a challenge.

Next year the devlopers should make a different slider set for each of the 4 difficulty levels. Make hard actually hard. DO YOUR JOB so I don't have to do it for you!
Old 07-12-2008, 12:49 AM   #5
Pro

Revolution42's Arena

OVR: 25

HOF
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2008, 11:49 AM   #6
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hand76
I agree. It's a shame such a great game becomes so easy. The game wa so nice and balanced for me for about the first 50 games or so, then I couldn't lose anymore. (For the most part) I mean it's not fun getting 15-20 base hits every game. It's not fun having multiple batters batting .400-.500. It's not fun having multiple pitchers on my staff with .300+ averages towards the end of the season.

It's sad I find myself playing with the sliders more than the game itself to get a challenge.

Next year the devlopers should make a different slider set for each of the 4 difficulty levels. Make hard actually hard. DO YOUR JOB so I don't have to do it for you!
i think what works for me is too take some time off from the game. If I play like 5 consecutive days...I end up being unstoppable. If I take like 3-5 days off...its just enought to throw my timing off.

Honestly I cant tell the difference between HOF and Allstar except its hard for me to strike out the CPU in HOF
Old 07-12-2008, 12:15 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick2
i think what works for me is too take some time off from the game. If I play like 5 consecutive days...I end up being unstoppable. If I take like 3-5 days off...its just enought to throw my timing off.
Who the hell wants to play a video game like that? Just like I saw some people mention ways to make the game harder, 1 guy said when stealing don't take a lead. lol I mean it's pathetic the lengths we have to go to to make this game somewhat of a challenge.

I mean how about this...ways to make the game harder:

1) Throw only fastballs down the middle of the plate.
2) Don't swing the bat.
3) Don't move your fielders.

lol The developers have got to do a better job with next years version.

Last edited by Hand76; 07-12-2008 at 12:21 PM.
Old 07-12-2008, 03:39 PM   #8
All Star

Rod_Carew29's Arena

OVR: 38

HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnon39
Just curious what level most of you guys play on. I currently play on All-Star but I was thinking about putting it on Hall of Fame. I've always played sports games on the level below the most difficult level. I have noticed that many games just make the most difficult level harder by simply making the player attributes better (which is unrealistic). For example, I remember on Madden slow players would catch quick running backs when you played on All-Madden. Does this game do anything like that?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Sliders »