Home

DrUrsus All-Star Sliders to draw walks, be selective & CPU plays "fairer" game

This is a discussion on DrUrsus All-Star Sliders to draw walks, be selective & CPU plays "fairer" game within the MLB The Show Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Sliders
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-13-2009, 12:14 AM   #73
Banned

gminnick9's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: DrUrsus All-Star Sliders to draw walks, be selective & CPU plays "fairer" game

Through five games with the Reds I am hitting .276 with 9 homeruns and only 3 doubles. Is anyone else having this issue? I am not using the power swing button.
Old 05-13-2009, 12:40 AM   #74

The Chef's Arena

OVR: 52
Re: DrUrsus All-Star Sliders to draw walks, be selective & CPU plays "fairer" game

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbz06
Yea, it's looking like 6 at minimum. I'm seeing plenty of doubles (and occasional triple) from the CPU....but not a lot of homeruns from the CPU.

I'm going to post my 2nd Min-Chi game next, but I raised the CPU power to 7, and Quentin and Alexi Ramirez went deep on me on mistake pitches.
You gotta go more then just a couple games before deciding on changing power. Ive played numerous games with power for the CPU at 6 and have gone through stretches where they arent able to get the ball out of the park and then other times where they are just killing the ball. In my last game I lost 8-7 thanks to a walkoff homerun from Soriano and earlier that same game Soto blasted a mistake slider for another homerun. In the game before that it was a low scoring game where everything hit in the air died, so give it time before formulating an opinion on anything power related.
Old 05-13-2009, 12:54 AM   #75
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by gminnick9
Through five games with the Reds I am hitting .276 with 9 homeruns and only 3 doubles. Is anyone else having this issue? I am not using the power swing button.
Nah. I've had a healthy 2:1 ratio. Granted, it's only been like 6 games so far. But I've had similar results with similar sliders for over 20 games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-13-2009, 03:55 AM   #76
MVP

DrUrsus's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Check the wind every game, it seems to really matter. Also, if you are in the Nati, that is a band box (I have been to a ton of games there). Give it about 20 games before deciding on user power. If it is still too high, I would drop it 1 or 2 depending on your skill. I am pretty happy with it so far in all of my franchises, even the Red Sox one.
Old 05-13-2009, 05:16 PM   #77
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Take timing down. I am contact 1, timing 3, and hit way more triples and doubles than home runs.
Old 05-19-2009, 12:54 PM   #78
Banned

I'm approaching 20 games into my new season with Toronto. I'll post up stats when the time comes

Although, I ended up turning down my User Control to 5 because my pitching has become too good. I also turned down User Consistency too.
Old 05-19-2009, 05:18 PM   #79
All Star

RAZRr1275's Arena

OVR: 67

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbz06
I'm approaching 20 games into my new season with Toronto. I'll post up stats when the time comes

Although, I ended up turning down my User Control to 5 because my pitching has become too good. I also turned down User Consistency too.
what's your consistency at?
Old 05-19-2009, 07:27 PM   #80
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAZRr1275
what's your consistency at?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Sliders »