Home

The Phoenix Slider Set v1.0 for MLB 10 + In-depth slider descriptions

This is a discussion on The Phoenix Slider Set v1.0 for MLB 10 + In-depth slider descriptions within the MLB The Show Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Sliders
ESBC Roster - The Best We've Ever Seen in a Boxing Game?
PES 2021 Team Spirit Guide - Understand Chemistry on a New Level
MLB The Show 21 Diamond Dynasty Budget Beasts
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 03-16-2010, 09:13 AM   #17
MVP

OVR: 16
Re: The Phoenix Slider Set v1.0 for MLB 10 + In-depth slider descriptions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixmgs

Pretty much your only option is to play with power at 0. I played a game with it at 1, and it seemed to really cause balls to be hit a decent amount more softly compared to at 2. It probably won't reduce hit totals much though, but I think it'll reduce extra base hits, but then you'll probably have a singles party on your hands. Or you'll have to lower your batters' attributes.

One last thing, I did not like MVP's hitting system because it was based on player attributes way too much. All you had to do was properly locate the pitch inside or outside because the up and down on the left stick influenced the hit in the air or on the ground (basically what the right stick does in The Show). With power hitters in MVP, all I did was press up and in before the pitch and wait for a pitch on the inner portion of the plate. With that hitting system to get realistic results, the system had to use the batter's attributes in the far majority to determine the result of the hit.
Are you saying to only bring power down to 0 and leave everything else default?? Because I already have power down to 0.

I didn't like MVP's engine for the same reason as you mentioned.

I just wish they would give us the option to turn off the entire confidence because I do feel like it scripts the game. Leave it to ratings and stamina. Instead of an unseen attribute such as confidence. I didn't look but is there even an attribute that relates to how a pitcher is rattled or not?? Some pitchers just honestly don't get rattled. They are hard-nosed players that dont let the pressure get to them. They don't get down. Some of them actually have the reverse effect. They get angry when they give up a long ball and fight back to strike out the side.

I think confidence is a major culprit and I would love the option to be able to completley turn it off. It would be an option obviously so everybody else can enjoy it if they like it on.

Last edited by davewins; 03-16-2010 at 12:29 PM.
Old 03-16-2010, 12:26 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 15

Dvae have you ever tried playing with guess pitch on default. It supposed to give a bonus if you guess right BUT it penalizes you for guessing wrong. Not sure if that would help make it tougher overall to hit or easier though?
Old 03-16-2010, 05:16 PM   #19
Banned

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by davewins
Are you saying to only bring power down to 0 and leave everything else default?? Because I already have power down to 0.
Try power at 0 along with solid hits and timing at 0, which you probably already tried. If everything is hit too weakly for you, bump up solid hits to 1 or 2. It's a long shot but you never know. The only other thing I can suggest is maybe changing batting cams, I've been using the wide cam for at least 10 or so games and it is a touch harder to hit from than the catcher cam.
Old 03-16-2010, 06:58 PM   #20
MVP

BleacherCreature's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixmgs
Try power at 0 along with solid hits and timing at 0, which you probably already tried. If everything is hit too weakly for you, bump up solid hits to 1 or 2. It's a long shot but you never know. The only other thing I can suggest is maybe changing batting cams, I've been using the wide cam for at least 10 or so games and it is a touch harder to hit from than the catcher cam.
The weird thing is there's some things about the catcher cam that I like, like being able to see high and low pitches better, but there are also things about the wide cam which I really like, like being able to judge inside and outside better. I need a combo of the 2. Oh well.
Old 03-16-2010, 07:23 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 3

I don't unerstand the problem with IT being too easy to hit the CPU. Higher the pitch speed. It's as simple as that. Hitting a baseball is one of the hardest things to do in all of sports. These guys see pitches coming at them 90-98 miles and hour usually. It should be pretty hard to determine balls and strikes.To the poster who said I zeroed out everything and still kills the CPU but doesn't want to higher the speed because you can't time the pitches as well? Umm ok then keep killing the cpu. I want it as challenging as possible without it being unfair and I think Pitch Speed at 6 should be fine.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-16-2010, 08:06 PM   #22
Rookie

TexasLeague's Arena

Davewins,

I am having the same issues as you. Legend hitting has just gotten to easy for me. Yet, the number of HR's I hit is realistic. I am going to do some tinkering, and I will let you know if i come up with something of benefit. If you have found something to make your hitting more realistic please PM me the adjustments. Thanks in advance.

TL
Old 03-16-2010, 08:09 PM   #23
Rookie

TexasLeague's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by topside
I don't unerstand the problem with IT being too easy to hit the CPU. Higher the pitch speed. It's as simple as that. Hitting a baseball is one of the hardest things to do in all of sports. These guys see pitches coming at them 90-98 miles and hour usually. It should be pretty hard to determine balls and strikes.To the poster who said I zeroed out everything and still kills the CPU but doesn't want to higher the speed because you can't time the pitches as well? Umm ok then keep killing the cpu. I want it as challenging as possible without it being unfair and I think Pitch Speed at 6 should be fine.
Good Point. I haven't tried it. But, I think what we are scared of is getting to the point where we are doing nothing but guessing on pitches and not working counts. Lets face it, sooner or later it will just get too fast and you will be forced to guess on every inside fastball. I think 6 may work though and is def. worth the try, thanks for the input.

Especially, bc i hate messing with sliders too much.
Old 03-16-2010, 08:33 PM   #24
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by topside
If I up the pitch speed it becomes harder to draw walks. I am trying pitch speed 6 right now and it's fine. However if you go to pitch speed 10 it's next to impossible to draw walks.

I feel the pitch speed at default is perfect. It's still challenging. I am still late on pitches. However I am being rewarded too often. I just sit on fastballs. I wish the CPU would pick up on MY style of play more and realize that I am only hitting their fastballs. I have hit I think one HR on a slider. Everything else was fastballs.

I still will say that they need to increase the timing window ten fold. So hit variety is increased. That with the ability to turn off pitch confidence completley would do it for me

I am in the process of trying pitch speed at 6 and it does seem to be more challenging so far.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Sliders »