Home

The Phoenix Slider Set v1.0 for MLB 10 + In-depth slider descriptions

This is a discussion on The Phoenix Slider Set v1.0 for MLB 10 + In-depth slider descriptions within the MLB The Show Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Sliders
ESBC Roster - The Best We've Ever Seen in a Boxing Game?
PES 2021 Team Spirit Guide - Understand Chemistry on a New Level
MLB The Show 21 Diamond Dynasty Budget Beasts
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 03-17-2010, 01:08 AM   #33
Banned

OVR: 15
Re: The Phoenix Slider Set v1.0 for MLB 10 + In-depth slider descriptions

I seem to be seeing an awful lot of throws over the 1st baseman's head at 7 so i'm going to go back to default on throwing errors.

I also tried a game at pitch speed of 6 (i'm usually at 0 to try and draw walks) and i think i was getting a way more solid hits at 6 than i ever thought of getting at 0, so back to 0 i go. Maybe it's because at 0 i tend to be to early a lot or could it be like real life and the faster they throw it the farther it goes?
Old 03-17-2010, 03:42 AM   #34
Banned

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseball66
I seem to be seeing an awful lot of throws over the 1st baseman's head at 7 so i'm going to go back to default on throwing errors.
I was actually playing with throwing errors at 8 and 9 for awhile. The first so many games I played at default, I didn't see 1 throwing error. I would suggest to try 6 out. Also, throwing errors shouldn't be that bad at 7 (maybe I'll realize it is too high but I'm still liking 7) if you don't always throw in the red (not saying you do but online people do this all the time and end up with at least one throwing error a game).
Old 03-17-2010, 09:52 AM   #35
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseball66

I also tried a game at pitch speed of 6 (i'm usually at 0 to try and draw walks) and i think i was getting a way more solid hits at 6 than i ever thought of getting at 0, so back to 0 i go. Maybe it's because at 0 i tend to be to early a lot or could it be like real life and the faster they throw it the farther it goes?
Very interesting. I thought about lowering pitch speed to 0 but I never actually did it. I will try this sometime today.

They do mention that the higher pitch speed does not have any affect on physics but I am not entirely convinced.

I'm actually thinking about lowering pitch speed to 0 and moving timing to 10. Keep contact, power, solid hits to 0. My thinking is that maybe if I am early which would of normally been a swing and miss I will make weaker contact. I'm not entirely sure how the timing slider really does work though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-17-2010, 01:11 PM   #36
Banned

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixmgs
I was actually playing with throwing errors at 8 and 9 for awhile. The first so many games I played at default, I didn't see 1 throwing error. I would suggest to try 6 out. Also, throwing errors shouldn't be that bad at 7 (maybe I'll realize it is too high but I'm still liking 7) if you don't always throw in the red (not saying you do but online people do this all the time and end up with at least one throwing error a game).
I've been using regular throwing (no meter) so maybe that is what's making the difference. I'll have to give the meter thing a try but will go with no feedback as i hate meters on the field, lol.
Old 03-17-2010, 02:26 PM   #37
Banned

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by davewins
I'm actually thinking about lowering pitch speed to 0 and moving timing to 10. Keep contact, power, solid hits to 0. My thinking is that maybe if I am early which would of normally been a swing and miss I will make weaker contact. I'm not entirely sure how the timing slider really does work though.
Let me know how power at 0 works especially with the combo of solid hits at 0. I played a game with power at 1 and it really seemed like batted balls on the whole were hit a lot softer compared to power at 2. In my opinion, it was a bigger difference than from 5 to 2.
Old 03-22-2010, 09:45 AM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 5

"Pitcher Consistency
- This slider is basically your pitcher control slider. Raising pitcher consistency pretty much increases the chance of the pitch going in the area where the pitcher wants it and decreases the chances of the pitch missing by a lot. This slider heavily influences the amount of wild pitches and hit batters. Lowering this will make pitchers less accurate (idea for meter pitching) and will allow for more wild pitches and hit batters."

I find this to be a very interestin slider. While a global set is welcomed i think this is where a person can make the game far more realistic then before. Look at it like this:
If you are a team like the Phillies who i would argue have the top rotation in baseball (Halladay,Hamels,Happ,Blanton,Moyer, Kendrick) then this slider should be almost full as these guys all have outstanding control of their pitches aswell as their speed. Whereas I play as the Blue Jays who have a very young and unproven/fresh off surgery rotation Marcum,Romero, Morrow,Rzepczynski,Tallet,McGowan) so I would have to make this slider much lower then some. That having been said I think this is another one of those user preference sliders depending on how real they want the game to feel.

Again this is only my opinion but are there any thoughts?
Old 03-22-2010, 11:07 AM   #39
MVP

BleacherCreature's Arena

OVR: 16

Maybe instead of adjusting the slider higher for better pitching teams and lowering it for the lesser pitchers these sliders shold be left at default allowing for player ratings to be more or less the deciding factor?
Old 03-22-2010, 11:28 AM   #40
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleacherCreature
Maybe instead of adjusting the slider higher for better pitching teams and lowering it for the lesser pitchers these sliders shold be left at default allowing for player ratings to be more or less the deciding factor?

I dont know about that only because i have been playing alot with guys like Halladay and it seems that no matter what you do there is little to NO control and i find the pitch counts to be through the roof by the 5th or 6th inning. There seems to be an abundance of fouls balls by the AI which never in a million years would someone foul in the manner they do or even make contact with. But because the fouls are a general slider you can really move it because you Foul far less then the AI

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Sliders »