Home

Old 03-17-2011, 02:25 AM   #89
MVP

Ninjoid's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: CPU vs CPU

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomo17k
Other than using "fast play" for the presentation, I think that's pretty much the best you can do.
Yep, do this..takes about an hour per game...much quicker than last year too. It cuts out the majority of cut scenes and you can just walk away and leave it running.
Old 03-17-2011, 10:28 AM   #90
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjoid
Yep, do this..takes about an hour per game...much quicker than last year too. It cuts out the majority of cut scenes and you can just walk away and leave it running.
Thanks for the info. Now I may have been really tired last night and right now I am at work. I could not find the setting for fast play. Looked in presentation did not see it.
Old 03-17-2011, 12:00 PM   #91
Rookie

DaiYoung's Arena

OVR: 5

It's the first option in 'Presentation', Cimmarov. You choose between Broadcast, Real Time, RT w/Replay or Fast Play. For testing purposes, Fast Play is the only way to go.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-17-2011, 12:15 PM   #92
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaiYoung
I think I'm getting a decent feel for where the sliders should be at now. Try these:

Everything default (5) except:

CPU Power 4
CPU Pitcher Consistency 1
Fielding Errors 6
Baserunner Steal Freq 8
Wind 0

CPU Power is the tricky one because it is very sensitive. 3 probably isn't quite enough, 4 may be too much. Also, you will see too many WP with these sliders. That is probably something we will have to live with or edit catchers to solve.
I've done about 25 games with these sliders and I am finding the same thing, too many home runs and extra base hits. Especially if the game is played with the Yankees or in Yankee Stadium. One thing I did do that seemed to have no effect on the number of hits or extra base hits was I raised up the foul frequency to +3 over default. I was finding that the pitch count was lower than the roughly 3.8 pitches per batter to offer a proper fatigue level to the pitchers. Somewhere around +2 to +3 seemed to get me to about 38 pitches per every 10 batters faced (give or take obviously). I thought this may effect the hits but it seemed not to. I am ready to start another test this afternoon but wondered your thoughts on lowering the XBH totals, dropping the power to -2 seems to be too drastic.
Old 03-17-2011, 12:18 PM   #93
Rookie

OVR: 2

Cool thanks.

Well of the 8 games I have played so far I am getting stats right around league average from last year. Funny thing is starting pitching is for the most part keeping hitters off the bases and not giving up many HR's. Most of the hits and runs have been scored in the late innings. It might have to do with the fact that I just pick random teams (alternate between AL and NL each game) but the cpu always starts there ACE pitcher. I know its early and I have only played a hand full of games. Going to keep testing and will post up some numbers when I get above 15 or so games.
Old 03-17-2011, 12:36 PM   #94
Rookie

DaiYoung's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by steviegolfballs
I've done about 25 games with these sliders and I am finding the same thing, too many home runs and extra base hits. Especially if the game is played with the Yankees or in Yankee Stadium.

I am ready to start another test this afternoon but wondered your thoughts on lowering the XBH totals, dropping the power to -2 seems to be too drastic.
I've only done 18 games with the sliders I posted yesterday stevie, but so far I'm not seeing quite enough offense! (or, at least, not enough runs)

Stats are per team per game, 2010 MLB average in brackets:

Runs 3.72 (4.38)
Hits 8.03 (8.76)

BB 3.25 (3.25) (!)
K 7.03 (7.06)

2B 1.72 (1.75)
3B 0.17 (0.18)
HR 0.97 (0.95)

WP 0.89 (0.23)

The peripherals look very promising, but it hasn't resulted in enough runs so far. Small sample size, of course.

One factor to consider is that I am doing my testing within a franchise. I'm playing out every game of the season. That brings position player fatigue and relief pitcher fatigue into the mix. I don't know what effect fatigue has on the numbers. I've never seen anyone test it.

Feel free to try out what you want, of course, but I trialled with CPU Power at 3 for 50 games prior to this trial and the offense was significantly curtailed, 3.25 runs per team per game or thereabouts.
Old 03-17-2011, 01:24 PM   #95
Rookie

Quote:
I've only done 18 games with the sliders I posted yesterday stevie, but so far I'm not seeing quite enough offense! (or, at least, not enough runs)

Runs 3.72 (4.38)
Hits 8.03 (8.76)

BB 3.25 (3.25) (!)
K 7.03 (7.06)

2B 1.72 (1.75)
3B 0.17 (0.18)
HR 0.97 (0.95)

WP 0.89 (0.23)

The peripherals look very promising, but it hasn't resulted in enough runs so far. Small sample size, of course.

One factor to consider is that I am doing my testing within a franchise. I'm playing out every game of the season. That brings position player fatigue and relief pitcher fatigue into the mix. I don't know what effect fatigue has on the numbers. I've never seen anyone test it.

Feel free to try out what you want, of course, but I trialled with CPU Power at 3 for 50 games prior to this trial and the offense was significantly curtailed, 3.25 runs per team per game or thereabouts.
I was doing the same thing, using the Yankees in a franchise so I think there is some merit there when you consider fatigue....although it still should be matching up with real MLB stats as there is fatigue in real life too. I am going to run some games with your numbers again and again with the Yankees to see if I get matching results. I figure they should be a bit higher than the avg. Also I am going to leave fouls at +3 as I feel that produces a more realistic pitch count. Results to follow.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-17-2011, 01:26 PM   #96
Rookie

Quote:

Runs 3.72 (4.38)
Hits 8.03 (8.76)

BB 3.25 (3.25) (!)
K 7.03 (7.06)

2B 1.72 (1.75)
3B 0.17 (0.18)
HR 0.97 (0.95)

WP 0.89 (0.23)

And I agree with you on dropping the power to 3....it seriously dropped the number of runs and XBH per game to the point after a few games it was obvious this was not the direction to go.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Sliders »