Home

Bobhead's Sliders

This is a discussion on Bobhead's Sliders within the MLB The Show Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-04-2011, 08:56 PM   #33
Pro

OVR: 24
Re: Bobhead's Sliders

The Baserunning thing was a mistake (just edited it). I have the sliders on a word document and sometimes when I'm testing random things I forget that it was only a test, and update the document without realizing.

The Pitcher Sliders were changed because I felt my pitchers' confidence was consistently too unreliable. I had reduced it to increase rallies by the CPU but at 2 I was getting them left and right

The drop in Pitch Control was just to offset the above Consistency increase, since otherwise I'd also fewer balls thrown, and walks/strike% were fine already.
Old 05-04-2011, 09:06 PM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobhead
The Baserunning thing was a mistake (just edited it). I have the sliders on a word document and sometimes when I'm testing random things I forget that it was only a test, and update the document without realizing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobhead

The Pitcher Sliders were changed because I felt my pitchers' confidence was consistently too unreliable. I had reduced it to increase rallies by the CPU but at 2 I was getting them left and right

The drop in Pitch Control was just to offset the above Consistency increase, since otherwise I'd also fewer balls thrown, and walks/strike% were fine already.

ok, gotcha...by the way, I think increasing manager hook is also a good move. I'm seeing cpu pitchers throwing 120+ pitches into the 8th inning consistently, even if they's let up a few runs...not realistic these days.

I'm temped to try these out for a while...I like your reasoning.
Old 05-05-2011, 06:51 AM   #35
MVP

COMMISSIONERHBK9's Arena

OVR: 19

hey bob i think i finally found sliders that fit me. i am actually getting runs and hits now lol. i had to restart my franchise though but it was well worth it. one question i am using meter pitching would it mess the sliders up or is it ok? also i am using your sliders on venteran cuz i dont think i can move up as of now,is that ok?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-06-2011, 02:01 PM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 0

I can't help but wonder why you would turn solid hits DOWN. According to the description, turning it up decreases the frequency of cheap outs like weak pop ups and slow rollers. I turned it up before and saw the difference.

I just played a game using these sliders though. I only scored two runs on six hits. One was a homer, the other scored on a wild pitch. The other five hits I had were cheap singles. I still struck out eight times. I know I can't judge based on one game, but it doesn't look good for me so far.

Like many others on this forum, I am getting increasingly frustrated with this game. I've been messing around with the sliders for a month span in my season and can't get good, consistent results. I even went down to veteran hitting and I still can't hit.

I just don't understand it. This is my first time playing the Show for PS3. The last version of the Show I bought was '09 for PS2. I loved that game for the most part. My team batting average was consistently in the low .300s and I had no problem with it because I rarely ever walked. I figured all the extra hits (mostly singles) I had made up for the lack of walks. My power numbers were normal as well. I NEVER had to tweak the sliders in that game. Now I get this game for the first time and I can't find any way to replicate my play for the PS2 game.
Old 05-06-2011, 02:08 PM   #37
Pro

OVR: 24

You just answered your own question, I lowered it to increase those. Just because you are bad at hitting, doesn't mean everyone else is, too.
Old 05-06-2011, 03:04 PM   #38
MVP

redsfan4life's Arena

OVR: 16

I enjoy these sliders a good deal, but I'm having a hard time striking out the CPU. I'm only getting 4-6 per game most of the time, occasionally just 2-3. It's not like I'm giving up a ton of runs but K's are hard to come by.
Old 05-06-2011, 03:40 PM   #39
MVP

COMMISSIONERHBK9's Arena

OVR: 19

im having troubles getting extra bases hits. i can get singles,but no doubles triples or hr.
Old 05-06-2011, 06:36 PM   #40
Pro

itbeme23's Arena

OVR: 5

Bob,

Haven't got a chance to try the updated sliders as of yet, but I'm hoping to get a few games in tonight, since I'm poor and can't afford to go out.

I've been giving some more thought to Zone Hitting, and I have some questions for you. If you recall, my hitting strategy has been to use the Zone Hitting interface, but I do not move the PCI, which basically equates to Timing. However, based on the amount that I've continued to strikeout using Zone, I'm starting to believe more and more that it has to do with the fact that I'm only swinging with the PCI being in the middle of the plate. Therefore, any pitches that are on the corners or down in the zone (especially those dreaded changeups), I'm wiffing on every single time. I've gotten to the point now where my overwhelmingly frequent strikeouts are killing the game for me.

The questions I have about Zone Hitting are in regards to the actual use of the interface.

Do you track the ball from the pitchers hand and move the PCI accordingly?

Or....

Do you move the PCI to a pre-selected zone where you think the pitcher will be throwing the ball (which would esentially be Guess-Pitch using the PCI)?

I know these are probably considered to be very trivial questions, but it's something that I've been wondering about since you responded to my last post. Again, I haven't been able to play the game in a few days, so I obviously haven't had a chance to try out either of these strategies. I'm just trying to get some suggestions/feedback from you on how you use this system.

I'll try the Zone Hitting for awhile in practice mode to see if I get the hang of it. If I don't, I was wondering if you would have any suggestions for your sliders using Timing hitting. I've been reading that the Timing system on All-Star and HOF difficulties is broken?

Also....just for kicks....what hitting camera are you using?

Thanks Again!

Last edited by itbeme23; 05-06-2011 at 06:36 PM. Reason: Grammar

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Sliders »