Home

Armor & Swords/Marino's - MLB The Show 13 Timed/Classic Sim Sliders

This is a discussion on Armor & Swords/Marino's - MLB The Show 13 Timed/Classic Sim Sliders within the MLB The Show Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-15-2013, 04:30 PM   #81
MVP

THESHAMISASHAME's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Armor & Swords/Marino's - MLB The Show 13 Timed/Classic Sim Sliders

Hi ,
I was pretty content on Allstar Default with same controls as this game is amazing out of the box but your slight adjustments help paint a even prettier MLB picture .
Did any of you guys notice that post season mode plays tougher then say play now ? I swear it does as the few times I played Play now with same allstar default sliders I rocked but in post season mode I struggle , just wondering .
Thanks in advance
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-15-2013, 05:32 PM   #82
MVP

davis420's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSalsa
How many walks is everyone drawing and throwing with these? It could just be me but I feel the pitcher accuracy is a little too high. I'm going to personally lower pitcher consistencydown one for both the cpu and user and play some games. Just not seeing enough walks (especially drawn)...maybe I draw one walk per game, but usually none.
I've only played roughly 4 whole games but I have no problems drawing walks. My problem is just chasing bad pitches! I play with these sliders almost identical. I have to look to see the changes but they are very few.
Old 03-15-2013, 06:48 PM   #83
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50
Enjoying the sliders. Had a 7-2 win over the Twins as the Nats. There were a total of 5 home runs in the game, but I enjoyed it. I have up 5 hits but struck out 10 in 9 innings with Strasburg.
Old 03-15-2013, 08:20 PM   #84
Denny 3K

HighCmpPct's Arena

OVR: 28

Gonna give these a try as I always try and give everyones sliders a chance before I make a decision when OSFM comes out.

Should get 3-5 games in tonight as soon as I decide which team to play as.

Join us in the 3K Gaming Discord for the best Sim Sports Setups!!
3K Gaming Discord

Check out my 6-League NYC Universe Chise in the Discord and my YouTube!
Denny 3K Gaming

Last edited by HighCmpPct; 03-15-2013 at 08:37 PM.
Old 03-15-2013, 08:42 PM   #85
MVP

THESHAMISASHAME's Arena

Ok some quick feedback after a few games in post season mode with everything the same except I use hu fielding .
Well I lost game one 3 to 1 me LAD vs Pitt but I was feeling things out and had plenty of opportunities to win but I was concerned Hu hitting would be to easy .

So game two was Sea vs NYY me and I rocked King Felix for 4 runs in the 1st with two HR by Cano and a 3 run right by the foul pole Hr by J Riveria so I ALMOST raise cpu pitch control but I didnt and after that I only got 3 more hits and a few walks the rest of the game so have no fear these babies go full circle so if you do have to adjust anything hitting wise I suggest only adjusting pitch speed as these sliders just add on to the realism of this game ! Great Job Boys !!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-16-2013, 02:30 AM   #86
MVP

THESHAMISASHAME's Arena

Re: Armor & Swords - MLB The Show 13 Timed/Classic Sim Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marino
I say, for classic pitching, move control and consistency down by 1, and it is great right now. Hitting at 5 down the board is working for me as well for both Human and CPU. Also, the 4 3 3 for CPU pitching control, etc. is working for me as well. Not as many first pitch strikes. Now I just wish I had more patience at the plate.
Hi ,
So do you use 4 3 3 for cpu pitching and A&S uses 4 3 1 ?

I feel the cpu Pitching is a little soft but I really enjoy everything else so do you have any suggestions ? I think if I moved cpu pitcher control to 5 I'll lose the organic natural feel like im really batting and Consistency is very exciting at 3 as I saw some great pass balis and gritty plays and it really doesnt do much else batting wise so I think I'll raise Strike frequency to 3 as I have a good eye and have no issue drawing walks and I notice unless I swing early in the count the cpu is behind alot in the count depending on confidence and Ill then get a fat pitch so the cpu pitcher is at a great disadvantage dont you think so I will try Strike frequency at 3 as i think you suggested ? .
Old 03-16-2013, 03:32 AM   #87
Pro

OVR: 9

I'm really enjoying these sliders. I haven't had too much of a problem drawing walks other then my propensity to hack at everything. I actually finally got my dreaded leadoff walk trophy while using these sliders.

The problem I keep having is I tend to pitch really well until right around the area when I hand it off to my bullpen. Either I'll leave my starter in too long or I'll have a reliever come in and get smoked. I doubt that has anything to do with the sliders more of my management of my pitching.

One thing I'm really happy about is the timing hitting. I really thought I'd destroy on all star with just timing but even when you're on time the guy isn't always swinging in the right zone which is nice.

Great sliders
Old 03-16-2013, 06:37 AM   #88
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by THESHAMISASHAME
Hi ,
So do you use 4 3 3 for cpu pitching and A&S uses 4 3 1 ?

I feel the cpu Pitching is a little soft but I really enjoy everything else so do you have any suggestions ? I think if I moved cpu pitcher control to 5 I'll lose the organic natural feel like im really batting and Consistency is very exciting at 3 as I saw some great pass balis and gritty plays and it really doesnt do much else batting wise so I think I'll raise Strike frequency to 3 as I have a good eye and have no issue drawing walks and I notice unless I swing early in the count the cpu is behind alot in the count depending on confidence and Ill then get a fat pitch so the cpu pitcher is at a great disadvantage dont you think so I will try Strike frequency at 3 as i think you suggested ? .
After further testing we came to these settings. Early on Marino had strike frequency at 3. But in the end we went with 3.

Could that change for us? Maybe but so far we love it at 1.

But for your particular style try moving it up one click to 2 first and go from there. I would not exceed 3 though.

Plus I am sure a patch is coming down the pike with all the talk of the "meatball" thing which in all honesty I do not see with these settings. It is not an automatic first pitch strike. I am not seeing it.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Sliders »