Home

Old 03-10-2013, 06:04 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Slider Value

What is each notch on a slider percentage-wise as far as affecting the stats as compared with it being on default?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-10-2013, 06:33 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 24
Re: Slider Value

There's just no way to answer this question, sorry. Each individual slider is on a unique scale. Plus no stat or slider is definitive to the point that it can dictate a stat... uh... definitively. You can easily increase the Power slider 1 notch and end up with fewer home runs, just because of all the possible variance.

But generally, 1 click is more powerful than you think, and usually suffices. For example, I raised the foul slider 2 clicks to cover a -12% differential in foul ball rates. In limited testing, I ended up being like 7% over, and definitely had to lower the slider back down to a 1-point increase (at 6).

The only sliders I've changed in multiple increments are the various sliders that control running speed, reaction, and throw strength. Those are a little more obvious without testing, and you can just adjust them until you are visually satisfied.
Old 03-10-2013, 07:29 PM   #3
Pro

ralphieboy11's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Slider Value

Bobhead is spot on about this. Sometimes playing around with what you think a slider can do can affect other things. If you are testing something out it's usually best to do it one slider at a time.

I lowered strike frequency to try and get the CPU to issue more walks. As a result, there were more walks but batting averages went up more than I wanted them to.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Sliders »