Home

Itbeme23 Sim Sliders - Veteran Hitting/A.S. Classic Pitching & OCD Accurate Strike %!

This is a discussion on Itbeme23 Sim Sliders - Veteran Hitting/A.S. Classic Pitching & OCD Accurate Strike %! within the MLB The Show Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-07-2014, 11:52 AM   #17
Pro

itbeme23's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Itbeme23 Sim Sliders - Veteran Hitting/A.S. Classic Pitching & OCD Accurate Strik

Of all the years I've been playing The Show, I may have played the most FRUSTRATING three game series of all time yesterday.

Played three games against the KC Royals.

Game 1: 1-0 (Loss)
Game 2: 1-0 (Loss)
Game 3: 1-0 (Loss)

That has NEVER happened to me since I started playing the game in '09. I've gone through spurts where I don't hit or score many runs, because that happens in baseball, but about half way through the last game, I wanted to throw my controller out of sheer frustration. I plan on starting another test series after work, and I really hope that I don't have to delve back into adjusting the User OR CPU sliders, because I thought I had them pretty close to where I wanted...

Back to the drawing board after work, I guess.
Old 04-07-2014, 02:58 PM   #18
MVP

Heroesandvillains's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Itbeme23 Sim Sliders - Veteran Hitting/A.S. Classic Pitching & OCD Accurate Strik

Quote:
Originally Posted by itbeme23
Of all the years I've been playing The Show, I may have played the most FRUSTRATING three game series of all time yesterday.

Played three games against the KC Royals.

Game 1: 1-0 (Loss)
Game 2: 1-0 (Loss)
Game 3: 1-0 (Loss)

That has NEVER happened to me since I started playing the game in '09. I've gone through spurts where I don't hit or score many runs, because that happens in baseball, but about half way through the last game, I wanted to throw my controller out of sheer frustration. I plan on starting another test series after work, and I really hope that I don't have to delve back into adjusting the User OR CPU sliders, because I thought I had them pretty close to where I wanted...

Back to the drawing board after work, I guess.
I wouldn't sweat it too much man.

Not using your sliders, but on AS+ last night, literally the same thing ALMOST happened to me. Game three, I finally scored a run.

Keep in mind, 4 games ago, I was up 9-0 before quitting in the 5th inning. Same settings!
Old 04-07-2014, 08:01 PM   #19
Pro

itbeme23's Arena

Gotta love baseball....

After my horrible series against the Royals, I decided to go back to the NL for another test series against the Reds.

Here's the line from Game 1:

LAD: 9 16 0
CIN: 13 16 0

I am so beside myself right now that I can't even compose a proper write-up that covers everything that happened in this game. What really matters is I was up 8-5 going into bottom of the 7th inning, and that's when the wheels fell off. Gave up 5 runs in that inning, which brought the score to 10-8. Scored one more run in the top of the 8th to make the score 10-9. The Reds added three more runs in the bottom of the 8th for good measure. This might be one of the most surprising/shocking/fun games I've ever played. Keep in mind, this is after playing a series against the Royals where I didn't score a single run, and I had a total of 10 Hits the ENTIRE SERIES!!!

Like I said, gotta love baseball....
Old 04-08-2014, 06:20 PM   #20
Pro

itbeme23's Arena

***DETAILED SLIDER EXPLANATIONS UPDATED IN OP***

I plan on starting another test series against the D-Bags tonight. Even though I thought I was going to have to go back to the drawing board for User and CPU hitting sliders after my horrible series against the Royals, the awesome series I just played against the Reds has solidified my confidence in keeping the sliders exactly as they are, for both User and CPU. Barring anything unforeseen, those will be final.

I have been keeping detailed stats for each of my test games, and I will now start posting them in the thread, just in case anybody is interested in seeing the results I've been getting with this set.

First write-up will be entered tonight.

Cheers!
Old 04-09-2014, 03:14 AM   #21
Pro

itbeme23's Arena

Test Series - Dodgers vs. Diamondbacks

Game 1:

LAD: 6 13 0
ARI: 5 13 1
Final 12

Win: B. League
Loss: J.J. Putz

Starting Pitchers:

D. Haren - 7 IP, 6 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 0 BB 4 K, 100 Pitches, 69 Strikes, 31 Balls, 56% First Pitch Strikes, 69% Overall Strikes

T. Cahill - 5 IP, 5 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 2 BB, 3 K, 80 Pitches, 49 Strikes, 31 Balls, 68% First Pitch Strikes, 61% Overall Strikes

Team Pitching:

LAD: 8 K, 1 BB, 65% First Pitch Strikes, 68% Overall Strikes
ARI: 8 K, 2 BB, 74% First Pitch Strikes, 69% Overall Strikes

Team Batting:

LAD: 5 Extra Base Hits
2B: Y. Puig, H. Ramirez, A. Gonzalez (2), D. Gordon
13 Hits/47 At-Bats = .277 BA

ARI: 5 Extra Base Hits
2B: G. Parra, A. Hill, P. Goldschmidt, A. Pollock
HR: M. Prado
13 Hits/47 At-Bats = .277 BA

Recap:

This was a very evenly matched game from the get-go. Dan Haren allowed a run in the 1st inning, and Cahill would allow his 3 runs in the first three innings. Martin Prado would bring the D-Backs within one with a solo HR in the fourth inning. Cahill was lifted in favor of a pinch-hitter in the bottom of the 5th inning, while Dan Haren cruised all the way until the D-Backs chased him in the 7th. He would get out of a two on, two out jam in the bottom of the 7th on his 100th pitch of the game. Dodgers bring Puig in to pinch-hit in the top of the 8th, and he would lead off the inning with a double. Ramirez doubles him home, and Ramirez is singled home by Adrian Gonzalez. Dodgers lead 5-2 going into the bottom of the 8th. Paco Rodriguez comes in to face the lefty Gerardo Parra, and he leads of the inning with a double. Rodriguez is lifted in favor of the righty, Chris Perez, to face the meat of the D-Backs lineup. Perez walks the first batter he faces to put runners on 1st and 2nd with no outs. He would retire the next two batters on fly outs. However, Perez gives up two consecutive singles, which brings the score to 5-4. Kenley Jansen is brought in to try to get out of the jam, but he gives up a single to tie the game at 5. The score would stay the same until the top of the 12th inning. Dee Gordon would lead off with a bunt single and steal of 2nd base. Ramirez singles to left to score Gordon. Dodgers lead 6-5 going into the bottom of the 12th inning. Brandon League would come in for his second inning of work, looking for the save. He would strike out the first batter he faced. However, he allowed two consecutive singles to put men on 1st and 2nd, with only one out. Dodgers would bring in Chris Withrow, and he promptly allowed a single to the first man he faces, loading the bases, with Paul Goldschmidt coming to bat. Goldschmidt would hit into the game-ending 4-6-3 double play! Dodgers hold on to win a nail-biter, 6-5 in extra innings!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-09-2014, 10:19 PM   #22
Pro

itbeme23's Arena

Test Series - Dodgers vs. Diamondbacks

Game 2

LAD: 3 10 0
ARI: 2 3 0

Win: J. Beckett
Loss: O. Perez
Save: K. Jansen

Starting Pitchers:

J. Beckett - - 6 IP, 3 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 0 BB, 5 K, 100 Pitches, 65 Strikes, 35 Balls, 48% First Pitch Strikes, 65% Overall Strikes

B. Arroyo - 5 IP, 5 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 2 BB, 3 K, 97 Pitches, 61 Strikes, 36 Balls, 50% First Pitch Strikes, 63% Overall Srikes

Team Pitching:

LAD: 10 K, 0 BB, 50% First Pitch Strikes, 66% Overall Strikes
ARI: 5 K, 3 BB, 53% First Pitch Strikes, 64% Overall Strikes

Team Batting:

LAD: 2 Extra Base Hits
2B: A. Gonzalez, D. Gordon
10 Hits/33 At-Bats = .303 BA

ARI: 2 Extra Base Hits
HR: M. Trumbo, A. Pollock
3 Hits/30 At-Bats = .100 BA
Old 04-10-2014, 12:00 AM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 0

Hey itbeme. Quick question for ya. If I were to use these sliders under manager mode will get a realistic game?

LET'S GO NY RANGERS!!!!!!
Die hard Hockey fan!
Old 04-10-2014, 12:18 AM   #24
Pro

itbeme23's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyBoy02NY02
Hey itbeme. Quick question for ya. If I were to use these sliders under manager mode will get a realistic game?
Sorry, bud. Haven't tested them in manager mode. I encourage you to try them out, though. Let me know how it goes!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Sliders »