Home

SuperiorStyle32's HOF Sliders

This is a discussion on SuperiorStyle32's HOF Sliders within the MLB The Show Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-20-2014, 09:37 AM   #1
Rookie

RMaione3's Arena

OVR: 0
Post SuperiorStyle32's HOF Sliders

Ok guys here it goes. It is up in the vault and these are up for serious tester and will look forward to any suggestions. Play a game please and let me know.. Thanks..

Version 1.2 (6-24-14) these are not in the vault
Pitching: HOF-Meter
Batting: HOF-Timed (I'm a ratings guy)
Feilding: Feild Dec.- Assist, Throwing Dec.- OFF/ Button Accuracy(All-Star)*
Base running: Classic/ Decision- Assist

Sliders HUM/CPU
CONTACT 6/6
POWER 4/4
TIMING 5/5
STRIDE. 5/na
FoulFREQ 4/4
Solid Hits. 5*/5*
ST. Stamina 5/5
Rel. Stamina. 2/2
Pitch Control 5*/5*
Pitch Consist. 5/5*

CPU Strike Freq. 5*
CPU man. Hook. 5
CPU Pick offs. 3

Pitch speed- 5
Fielding err- 3*
Throw err- 3
Field run SPD- 3*
Fielder Reac- 7
Fielder Arm- 4*
Base SPD- 4*
Steal Abil- 4
Steal Freq- 5
Wind- 5
Injury- 6

If everyone can test 1 game today would be great. It's playing out pretty challenging and Balanced but some might say favoring pitchers. We'll see. Thanks again.

Last edited by RMaione3; 06-24-2014 at 11:31 AM. Reason: *recently changed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2014, 10:26 AM   #2
Rookie

RMaione3's Arena

Exclamation Re: SuperiorStyle32's HOF Sliders

After 10 or so games I had to change a couple of things.
All changes are noted with a *.

CPU Control and Consistency- average pitchers just could not locate with these too low. Great pitchers it worked we'll but most pitchers are average to good control.

CPU Hit Timing- I just put it back to default and I am still getting K's so this works well.

Hum/CPU Hit Power- Both are up to 4 now and averaging 1-2 HR's a game.

Fielder Reaction- I put this down to 7 to try and get maybe 1 or 2 more hits a game.

Some slight other Feilding changes also. Throwing difficulty up to all star, veteran too easy.

Thanks guys for who ever gives a crap about this.. Lol
Old 06-22-2014, 07:07 AM   #3
Rookie

USN_Bubblehead's Arena

Re: SuperiorStyle32's HOF Sliders

Hey man gonna give these a shot in a few! Should have some box scores for you by lunch hopefully. I'll keep track of 1st pitch strike and overall strike percentages too.
Old 06-22-2014, 10:19 AM   #4
Rookie

USN_Bubblehead's Arena

Alright so I jumped in to an Astros chise I had going to test.

Couple of things I'll mention first: I'm using SEANJEZZY's OSFM v3 Pitch Edits(best set out by far JEZZY does an amazing job), the only change I made to the sliders is pitch speed 10. Now let's get to it

Astros(me) 19-17 vs. Orioles 13-21

HOU: 6 12 0
BAL: 1 7 0

Win: Cosart
Loss: Norris

Starting Pitching:

Cosart- 7IP 6H 1R 1ER 3BB 6K 105 Pitches 59% First Pitch Strikes 61% Strikes Overall

Norris- 5.1IP 5H 2R 2ER 2BB 3K 83 Pitches 52% First Pitch Strikes 64% Strikes overall

Team Pitching:
HOU: 7K 3BB 64% first strikes 63% strikes
BAL: 5K 2BB 50% first strikes 64% strikes

Batting:
HOU: 2B: Fowler, Castro. HR: Inge.
BAL: 2B: Jones

Game Recap:
Unfortunately the scoreboard does not even begin to show how great of a game this was. BAL took an early lead in the 3rd and had runners on in every inning but the 2nd. Norris had no hit bid broken up with 2 outs in the 5th giving up back to back singles to Altuve and Grossman but our cleanup man Castro couldn't cash in. In the 6th Inge delivered a much needed two run blast. For the first time in the game I sat change first pitch and the 36 year old Inge did not miss! Springer followed it up with a hit to get into BAL's depleted pen after we opened the series up with a 15 inning thriller. We strung together some hits and managed to again in the 7th and hang a 3 spot in the 8. While I'm sure it sounds like I was coasting at this point that couldn't be further from the truth BAL was one big hit away from plating some runs and making it close on paper
Old 06-22-2014, 10:52 AM   #5
Rookie

USN_Bubblehead's Arena

So one game down with the set I'll give some quick impressions:

My biggest concerns were FLD Run Speed, FLD arm, and BR speed. Each of these values you were lower than I've previously used, I was expecting sluggish Fielders and Baserunners as well as lollipop throws from the 6 Hole by SS's and less then stellar little league arms by the OF. I was out in left field though, ha

Honestly gameplay was great everything felt natural and looked realistic! Which is great but immersion from this single game beats anything I've had in the SHOW in a long while. I missed inside with a FB to Crush Davis in the first with Jones on 1st and he hammered it to the moon... Foul though!

It's hard to describe but of course the AI is better but by no means was there anything cheap I felt. It honestly took me back to the glory days of playing college ball and realizing one pitch can make or break the game.

Couple of tips: plate discipline is huge, you have to be able to work counts and try and get your pitch and not chase after the first strike that's on the black.. By no means do I mean take until you get a strike though.. Just play baseball

Pitching also had a more realistic feel in my first game as Adam Jones had 3 hits all on mistake pitches that I had no business throwing to anyone let alone one of the teams best hitters..

Two questions remain for me...
1)Can I get the "realistic" feel and immersion from game one?
2)I'm a stats MANIC, the game plays well but now it's time to see if it can consistently produce SIM stats

I'll be in the lab my friends, with a brand new chise so I can try and find out... So baseball fans, a fresh start with none other than the cursed Cubs for some testing
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-24-2014, 11:08 AM   #6
Rookie

RMaione3's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by USN_Bubblehead
So one game down with the set I'll give some quick impressions:

My biggest concerns were FLD Run Speed, FLD arm, and BR speed. Each of these values you were lower than I've previously used, I was expecting sluggish Fielders and Baserunners as well as lollipop throws from the 6 Hole by SS's and less then stellar little league arms by the OF. I was out in left field though, ha

Honestly gameplay was great everything felt natural and looked realistic! Which is great but immersion from this single game beats anything I've had in the SHOW in a long while. I missed inside with a FB to Crush Davis in the first with Jones on 1st and he hammered it to the moon... Foul though!

It's hard to describe but of course the AI is better but by no means was there anything cheap I felt. It honestly took me back to the glory days of playing college ball and realizing one pitch can make or break the game.

Couple of tips: plate discipline is huge, you have to be able to work counts and try and get your pitch and not chase after the first strike that's on the black.. By no means do I mean take until you get a strike though.. Just play baseball

Pitching also had a more realistic feel in my first game as Adam Jones had 3 hits all on mistake pitches that I had no business throwing to anyone let alone one of the teams best hitters..

Two questions remain for me...
1)Can I get the "realistic" feel and immersion from game one?
2)I'm a stats MANIC, the game plays well but now it's time to see if it can consistently produce SIM stats

I'll be in the lab my friends, with a brand new chise so I can try and find out... So baseball fans, a fresh start with none other than the cursed Cubs for some testing
Thanks for this. I appreciate your input. Honestly tho the more I play, the closer I'm getting to default sliders. I just changed the pitching sliders again so I'm using 5/5 Human, 5/5/5 CPU. Control, consist, strike freq. Also I uped the solid hits to default 5 for both as well. If you look after a swing and you see where the bat is going thru the zone(PCI) and where the ball is located on that PCI, it's extremely accurate as far as the reaction off the bat. The guys that made this game are incredible.. Right now I'm testing out pitch speed. I'll put up some box scores.
Old 06-24-2014, 11:25 AM   #7
Rookie

RMaione3's Arena

If you download these from the vault remember these are 1.2 so u may need to make changes. You can enter them in manually as well. Thanks to anyone giving them a shot.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Sliders »