Home

Stealyerface's 2016 Realistic Silder Set.

This is a discussion on Stealyerface's 2016 Realistic Silder Set. within the MLB The Show Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-06-2016, 10:48 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 9
Stealyerface's 2016 Realistic Silder Set.

Greetings baseball fans, and welcome to The Show!

For those that played my slider set last year, and in prior years, you'll remember that I have tried my best to get the game to play as close to real life as I can make it.

This includes runners that should be out by a step, guys that should not be stretching singles into doubles, arms that replicate their real life counterparts, and a game, that when you get done with it, you say, "Man, that was just perfect".

A couple caveats to this set are as follows:

I learned a long time ago that you never tell a man how to drink his whisky. I like mine neat, right out of the bottle, and into a glass. But that does not mean I get to tell someone else that putting ice in that whisky ruins it. This slider set is how I play the game, and it sets up perfectly for the style I play. Therefore, while I love feedback, and indeed try to incorporate others ideas and things that they have noticed into the mix, I am not saying these sliders are the be all end all. I am just saying that if you enjoy the game, and love the actual game of baseball, I feel that you will see results that are indicative of the product on the field.

I am, and always have been, a Pitch Speed Zero guy. I think you are able to see the ball better, you get to recognize curves and offspeed pitches before they become unhittable, and with the job the guys did this year with the physics of the spin, I urge you to try a few games at Zero, and see what you think. Also realize that my slider set is based on, and is calibrated for the pitch speeds at zero, so stealing, running, and the fielder's abilities, throws, etc... are all intertwined. I have spent many years understanding what lowering one thing means to others, and how the game is all connected.

Please try a five game set, and honestly, twenty games is enough to get through your starters a couple times each, and to recognize trends. Playing one game, and then reporting that the game is too easy/hard/whatever, is pointless. You need some reps to watch the game play out, and with these sliders, you will have blowouts and pitchers' duals on back to back nights.

DO NOT GET FRUSTRATED with the Classic Pitching. It is, by far, the best representation to the game, as the pitcher's ratings are very important, their wind up and release point are very important, their pitch selection is paramount, and you'll need some time to understand the nuances of how to pitch. I play with the markers all off, and the vibration as my only clue as to where to aim the pitch. It is a white knuckle ride from start to finish, and it is imperative that you learn when to let go of the buttons, to make that pitch the most effective it can be.

Playing mini-games for pitching is not for me, and again I am not telling you it is wrong. It is simply the fact that once you master the mini-game of the meter/pulse/or the analog controller, you'll have your 5th starter throwing like Cy Young. That is not a n accurate representation of the game. Classic pitching requires you to actually work on the mound, and these slider will require you to play defense, and position the defense as you would in real life, as well as making sure you are not pitching against the defense, by throwing balls towards holes in the shift.

Okay, enough rhetoric, here we go. Please have fun, comment, and enjoy the experience, and if you have never played with the pitch speed at zero, just give it a try.

SETTINGS
BATTING & BASERUNNING
Hitting Difficulty - Dynamic
Hitting Interface - ZONE
- Input Type - Buttons
- Analog Type - Choice
- Plate Coverge Indicator - OFF
- PCI Appearance - Off
Hitting View – The Show 15 (Your choice)
In-Play View Offense - Broadcast (choice)
Ball Trail - OFF
Guess Pitch - OFF You want to guess where the pitch is, move the cursor.
Baserunning Decisions - Assist

PITCHING
Pitching Difficulty - Hall of Fame
Pitching Interface - Classic
Pitching View – Broadcast -choice
Pitching Ball Marker - Off
Pitch Confidence - On

FIELDING
Throwing Interface -Analog
RTTS Throwing Interface -Analog
Throwing Meter - No Feedback
Throwing Difficulty - Hall of Fame
Fielding Decision - Assist
Throwing Decision - OFF
In-Play View - Dynamic (User Preference)
Throw Cancelling - Off
One Button Dive/Jump - Off

GENERAL
Strike Zone - OFF
Hot Zones - Preview
Warm Up Relievers - On
Tutorial Tips - On
Post Game Auto Save - OFF (User Preference)

PRESENTATION
Presentation Mode - Broadcast
Batter Walkup - On
In-Game Ticker - On
- Closed Captioning - Off
- Mode Updates - On
- MLB.com Updates - Off

SLIDERS
Dynamic Difficulty Sensitivity - 5
Human Contact - 4
Human Power - 4
Human Timing -4
Human Foul Frequency - 6
Human Solid Hits - 4
Human Starter Stamina - 8
Human Reliever Stamina - 5
Human Pitch Control - 0
Human Pitcher Consistency - 0
CPU Contact - 4
CPU Power - 4
CPU Timing - 4
CPU Foul Frequency - 6
CPU Solid Hits - 6
CPU Starter Stamina - 6
CPU Reliever Stamina - 4
CPU Pitcher Control - 0
CPU Pitcher Consistency - 0
CPU Strike Frequency - 2
CPU Manager Hook - 5
CPU Pickoffs - 5
Fastball Pitch Speed - 0** just try it, trust me**
Offspeed Pitch Speed - 0** same thing**
Fielding Errors Infield - 4
Fielding Errors Outfield - 4
Throwing Errors Infield - 4
Throwing Errors Outfield - 4
Fielder Run Speed – 3
Fielder Reaction - 3
Fielder Arm Strength Infield - 4
Fielder Arm Strength Outfield - 4
Baserunner Speed - 3
Baserunner Steal Ability - 5
Baserunner Steal Frequency - 5
Wind - 8
Injury Frequency - 5
Trade Frequency - 5
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2016, 04:53 PM   #2
SHOW TIME!!

The Kid 24's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Stealyerface's 2016 Realistic Silder Set.

[quote=stealyerface;2048100147]Also realize that my slider set is based on, and is calibrated for the pitch speeds at zero, so stealing, running, and the fielder's abilities, throws, etc... are all intertwined. I have spent many years understanding what lowering one thing means to others, and how the game is all connected.[quote] So I was thinking of taking itbeme's hitting & pitching sliders and combining with your running & fielding sliders... You don't think that will work since I don't plan on using 0 for pitch speeds?
Old 04-06-2016, 05:37 PM   #3
MVP

No, that's fine. The pitch speed is perceived pitch speed by the user.

Your slider mash up will be fine.

~syf
Old 04-07-2016, 07:53 AM   #4
MVP

My point was to be careful about adjusting sliders in a certain area, as a result of one or two games having some anomalies.

I try and play ten-game sets when figuring out sliders, and as we all know, baseball is a game of blowouts, and pitching duels. So, if you have a blowout, and adjust the batting sliders, the next game might have a great pitcher's duel, but you can't be sure if it was just the flow of the games, or the slider tweak. So you adjust pitching, then the baserunning speed, and then all of a sudden you end up chasing baseball plays, and the sliders get all morphed out of adjustment.

Play ten or fifteen exhibition games, and keep track of the stats, the lines, and the scorecards, and I think you'll find some great results.

~syf
Old 04-07-2016, 09:20 AM   #5
SHOW TIME!!

The Kid 24's Arena

Sounds good, thanks bro!

Sent from my LG G2 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-12-2016, 06:34 PM   #6
jww
Rookie

OVR: 0

Where are your 2015 sliders? Just got 15 the show and would like to try them.
Old 04-03-2017, 01:42 PM   #7
SHOW TIME!!

The Kid 24's Arena

Looking for ur 2017 sliders... I dont see them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 04-03-2017, 08:31 PM   #8
MVP

I am in the testing phase, three more games tonight, and I'll post them tomorrow.

This game is so good.
~syf

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Sliders »