Home

Is this the last year for the PS2 version of the Show?

This is a discussion on Is this the last year for the PS2 version of the Show? within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-31-2009, 02:33 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 16
Re: Is this the last year for the PS2 version of the Show?

Quote:
Originally Posted by baa7
Look, if I want to dream I can dream, okay?? And I suppose next you're going to tell me the PS2 version isn't getting progressive lighting...

No Crowd Chant Generator either. Sorry.

I definitely understand those who can't justify purchasing a PS3 just for one game. Personally, I think that's silly. Luckily, I bought one long ago before The Show gained all of it's awesomeness. I enjoy other games like Motorstorm, Dead Space, and Uncharted...not to mention Blu-ray and the abilitiy to download and play HD movies on it through my network. So justification of the system was a no-brainer for me.

Maybe someday, baa7.
Old 01-31-2009, 02:57 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxChamp
I definitely understand those who can't justify purchasing a PS3 just for one game. Personally, I think that's silly.
Purchase a PS3, versus having food on the table and paying the power bill... All that "staying alive and warm" nonsense IS dang silly, I agree!
Old 02-01-2009, 10:29 AM   #19
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

From what I remember, the PSP and PS2 versions of last year's game did pretty well, so unless there's a huge drop-off in sales, I would suspect you'll see both again next year.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 02-01-2009, 12:16 PM   #20
Banned

bsb13's Arena

OVR: 30

Yeah, I just cant seek out a PS3 when the only game I would want for it is The Show. Maybe if Madden got its act together on the PS3 I might would consider it. But as much as I like The Show I have never been so in love with one game that I would be willing to get a new system for it. Especially when I can just get the PS2 version which is still good in its own right.
Old 02-01-2009, 04:00 PM   #21
Banned

OVR: 4

One could even argue that it played better on the PS2 then the PS3 last year. We didn't have nearly the trouble with extra base hits that the PS3 experienced. I just hope they fixed the error problem from last year. The only type of errors were bobbled balls, I think I had about 5 errors in 162 games. There were no over or under throw errors and no pop flies dropped. This wasn't a problem in the PS3 version last year. I sure hope it's not just a roster update of last year as it seems many of the PS2 sports games have done since the release of the PS3. I am hopeful though since 08 had pretty much all the gameplay updates that the PS3 version got. Gameplay is all that matters. I don't care about any of that new lighting stuff or crowd animations.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »