Home

Franchise Progress Thread

This is a discussion on Franchise Progress Thread within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 04-21-2009, 12:00 PM   #81
stewaat

OVR:
Re: Franchise Progress Thread

I'm 1-2 with the Rays. I'm in 2010 because I simmed the first season. Boston beat Chicago for the World Series. Tampa Bay went 91-71 and missed the playoffs despite having the 3rd best record in the AL. BOS & NYY had 100+ wins each.

Carl Crawford had a monster year and signed with the Angels.
Troy Percival retired.
Akinori Iwamura was not resigned.

I signed Fernando Rodney to be my closer.
OF Desmond Jennings and MIF Tim Beckham were called up to the big leagues.
David Price is my #4 starter after pitching the 2nd half of last year (went 7-3 I believe)

Game 1: Matt Garza got roughed up for 7 ER and I lost 9-1 to Cleveland. Tim Hudson, a FA signing, shut me down.
Game 2: Scott Kazmir had a GREAT game going 7 innings striking out 13 and he left with a 7-2 lead. Cleveland scored 8 runs in the 8th & 9th off J.P. Howell and Grant Balfour (my two favorite Rays bullpen guys). I lose 10-7, 0-2 on the year.
Game 3: James Shields is effective and Longoria hit a 2-run homer. The bullpen holds on for the 5-3 victory. Shields goes 7 giving up 2 runs and K's 6.

Game 4: David Price vs Jake Westbrook

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-21-2009, 07:20 PM   #82
R**k**

whosgotcha's Arena

OVR: 18

Currently 6 and 3 with the Mets. John Maine pitched a complete game shutout against the Padres allowing only 7 hits. Mets 1 Padres 0

[/img]

Last edited by whosgotcha; 04-21-2009 at 07:24 PM.
Old 04-21-2009, 07:32 PM   #83
Hall Of Fame

42's Arena

OVR: 57

Had to post this game, only game 2 of the season but it sure was a nail biter. I'm feeling optimistic about the Rays... I'll post updates down the road.

Lester dominates through 8 innings of work, Papelbon seals the deal!

@

Picture 3.png

Picture 1.pngPicture 4.png
Picture 2.png

Last edited by 42; 04-21-2009 at 07:38 PM.
Old 04-21-2009, 09:10 PM   #84
Rookie

OVR: 5

I feel like Im cursed in my franchises, every team I get bored of and just sim...it's pissing me off!!!! LOL
Old 04-22-2009, 03:43 AM   #85

The Chef's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Member_6590
Chef,

Thanks for the positive feedback, and to answer your question it IS a template...

I found one from Wiki and ran with it.
Any chance you can point me in the right direction?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-22-2009, 04:58 AM   #86
Rookie

AWS88's Arena

OVR: 4

Currently 3-6 with the Braves (playing on HOF, default sliders,meter pitching)

I was 3-2 in the first 5 games, pitching was fine, dropped the last game of my series with the Nationals. Then the Marlins came along. I lost all three games, and gave up a total of 28 runs. Twenty.Eight****ns.

I'm afraid to mess with the user pitching/cpu hitting sliders because as I said, everything was fine and realistic to start with, but at this point i'm about to give up.

Anyways, as you can see, my franchise isn't going so well lol.
Old 04-22-2009, 04:59 AM   #87
Pro

ThirdDegree5803's Arena

OVR: 8

has anyone run across some revealing issues about franchise play in the show??? I am 5-8 so far with the Reds, and very disappointed. while it played really well in the beginning I've occurred 4 injuries in the past week...Herrara, Castillo (catcher ), Phillips, and Micah Owings...I love the new additions with the 40-man roster, etc...but the DL glitch is killing me...IT SERVES NO PURPOSE! It is solely there for looks...I think SCEA got the injuries right on, however...if the DL does nothing then this further screws with my experience in franchise...I am going with a severely shorted handed farm and cannot help out my major league roster w/o trading and risking losing players through waivers.

also can't figure out training...I've read numerous threads with this similar issue and I've tried following theories, however none have worked so far. almost every player has arrows pointing down .

I really hope that the patch fixes this...hopefully right around when Knight releases his final opening day set. anyone else frustrated about these problems? I love the franchise play, but these things are causing me migranes...
Old 04-23-2009, 04:25 AM   #88
Hall Of Fame

DTX3's Arena

OVR: 56

So I finally started my franchise with Knight's full minor rosters. I'm 12-1 with the Dodgers and just had a hell of a game @ Astros. Manny went 3-6 3 HRs 5 RBI's. His last HR was a 2 run dagger putting me up 7-5 in the top of the 11th. Here are my leaders through 13.

Andre Ethier - .540 4 HRs 11 Runs 14 RBIs
Matt Kemp - .412 0 HRs 16 Runs 9 RBI's 10 SBs
Manny Ramirez - .333 6 HRs 13 Runs 17 RBIs

Chad Billingsley - 3-0 1.33 ERA 17 Ks
Hiroki Kuroda - 3-0 2.25 ERA 16 Ks
Jonathan Broxton - 1-0 0.90 ERA 7 Ks 5 Saves

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »