Home

Franchise Progress Thread

This is a discussion on Franchise Progress Thread within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 04-25-2009, 08:06 PM   #105
Banned

OVR: 60
Re: Franchise Progress Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
13-8 with the Angels. Just came off a 2 game sweep of the O's. Next up the Yankees in their new stadium for a 4 game series.

John Lackey just pitched a 7 hit complete game shutout vs. Baltimore. Vlad has been on fire hitting 9 homeruns in the month of April. Torrii Hunter and Chone Figgins are in the middle of tough hitting slumps.

This game rules.

Season site is in my sig.
B.K.

That's really neat. I'm so darned ready to get started again on Monday...What level you playing on and settings.

By the way my buddy and I NEVER went to Lake Elsinore, went to ONE Padres game last year and he's going to ZERO this year with the prices. So, we've talked of Elsinore again and I haven't forgotten about you.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-25-2009, 08:11 PM   #106
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim416
B.K.

That's really neat. I'm so darned ready to get started again on Monday...What level you playing on and settings.

By the way my buddy and I NEVER went to Lake Elsinore, went to ONE Padres game last year and he's going to ZERO this year with the prices. So, we've talked of Elsinore again and I haven't forgotten about you.
Keep me in the loop Jim.

Playing All-Star default with fielder throwing power or whatever it's called turned down 2 notches.
Old 04-25-2009, 08:43 PM   #107

The Chef's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
I already prettty much knew what I was doing so it took me about half hour or so to set up the page the way I wanted it. I update it after every 3 or 4 games, or basically when I feel like it, and it takes me between 15 and 25 minutes to update the page with a story and the standings and all that crap. Novices it will take a little longer until they get the features of DM down.

Mostly it's for my own enjoyment, but I get a lot of feedback on it, and imo it's just another way to immerse yourself in to your season. If you are going to do it I recommend starting slow. A lot of guys get burned out because they are trying to update it after every game. I think that's just too hard to do and it becomes tedious.
I really like it Im just not sure I would find the time to update it enough to warrant the purchase as I wasnt aware that it cost money initially. I signed up and am looking it over and seeing if I can even figure out what Im doing but so far its pretty over whelming. If I bite the bullet and do it I may hit you up with any questions that pop up if thats alright with you.
Old 04-25-2009, 09:17 PM   #108
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chef
I really like it Im just not sure I would find the time to update it enough to warrant the purchase as I wasnt aware that it cost money initially. I signed up and am looking it over and seeing if I can even figure out what Im doing but so far its pretty over whelming. If I bite the bullet and do it I may hit you up with any questions that pop up if thats alright with you.

Yup cool with me.

There is a good tutorial by Pujols4MVP in the forums over there as well. He's got screenshots and everything.

Edit here's a link to the tutorial.

http://dynastymanager.infopop.cc/eve...3/m/3631002613
Old 04-25-2009, 09:27 PM   #109
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

BK...I just spent the last hour or so reading and checking out that Dynasty Manager site.
Simply fantastic.
EXCELLENT work.

I planned on doing one anyway, but now I'm inspired.
I think I may just do it with the LEGENDS when I get them done.
Thank you.

M.K.
Knight165
Old 04-25-2009, 09:30 PM   #110
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
BK...I just spent the last hour or so reading and checking out that Dynasty Manager site.
Simply fantastic.
EXCELLENT work.

I planned on doing one anyway, but now I'm inspired.
I think I may just do it with the LEGENDS when I get them done.
Thank you.

M.K.
Knight165
Ha thanks dude. Like I said I update it every 3 or 4 games, or simply when I feel like it, so I don't get burned out. Imo, or at least for me it adds to the immersion of my season.

I've also been giving the occasional writeup for my season on my blog here at OS. Pretty much the same as the site, but I also go over what's happening around the league and stuff.
Old 04-25-2009, 10:18 PM   #111
All Star

Rod_Carew29's Arena

OVR: 38
My Mets Franchise Progress Thread

****, don't even ask...LOL

My Mets are 2-11...un-freakin-real

I knew it would take me some time to get adjusted from playing '08 to '09, that's why I played about 30 exhibition games, but once I started my franchise (a little prematurely), this **** is crazy...LOL

I won Opening Day against the Red in Cincinnati, 10-8. Then lost the next two games there 4-3 and 6-1. Then I lost the first two in Florida, 6-5 and 4-2. I won the rubber game, 7-2.

I went oh-for-my-initial homestand at CitiField. Lost three to the Padres (4-3, 13-8 and 8-6). The 8-6 game was very troubling because that was my first time experiencing the CPU coming back like it was on a mission. LOL

I was up 6-0. The Pads got 2 runs in the 5th and 4 runs in the 6th to tie. Then they got 2 more in the 9th to take the lead.

My Mets mirrored real life. They scored 2 runs in the 1st, 2nd and 3rd innings, and then nothing else for the rest of the game.

Then the Brew Crew came to Flushing. I was BOMBED 13-4, 17-2 and I lost the rubber game, 5-2. The Brewers hit exactly .400 in that series.

Earlier today, I lost my opening game in St. Loo 5-2

I'm just analyzing some things and have done a few minor slider tweaks....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-25-2009, 11:52 PM   #112
Rookie

OVR: 3

I started out horrific in my Boston franchise. Beckett got slammed opening day by the Rays. I ended up getting swept by the damn Rays. Wakefield got my first win in Anaheim by tossing a 3 hit shutout but the Halo's took 2 of 3. So I was 1-5 going into Oakland. Lester pitched will in the first game and got the win and then Dice-K pitched another great game getting a win. The A's took the third game. So I was 3-6 going into my homestand starting with the Twins. I swept the twins and now am waiting to take on the Orioles.

Some interesting notes: Papi hit a grand slam against the Halos.
Ellsbury and Pedey are off to a horrible start and are still below the mendoza line. My really only good offensive threat has been Youkilis and Bay. Bay has 3 homers and is batting .381 and Youk has 2 homers and is batting .320. My starting pitching has been terrible to say the least except for Wakefield who has been lights out. Beckett does not have a win yet. Lester has 1, Dice has 1, and Penny has 1.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »