Home

Why does this game take so long to load?

This is a discussion on Why does this game take so long to load? within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-13-2009, 12:50 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Why does this game take so long to load?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJdaSportsGuy
Guys,

It's not them. It's Blu-Ray. It's a slower loading format. MUCH slower than DVD-ROM.
Wrong. Did you not read my post entirely? Have you ever played the games I mentioned? Call of Duty 4 is an amazing looking game with tons and tons of stuff going on and it loads super quick. Same as World at War. GTA IV loads super quick, Madden 09 is awesome looking and takes like 25 seconds to load the game.
Old 04-13-2009, 01:20 PM   #18
Pro

GoBucs09's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbguy311
Wrong. Did you not read my post entirely? Have you ever played the games I mentioned? Call of Duty 4 is an amazing looking game with tons and tons of stuff going on and it loads super quick. Same as World at War. GTA IV loads super quick, Madden 09 is awesome looking and takes like 25 seconds to load the game.

GTA IV loads super quick? Not for me, it takes at least a minute and a half, longer then The Show 09 anyway. Madden 09 was a little faster loading time but I don't think it was 25 seconds.

Also I don't think CoD4 has tons and tons of stuff going on, it's a FPS, it has graphics, a physics engine and levels where as The Show has the graphics, physics engine and all the AI logic that has to replicate a real life sport, not to mention more settings and thousands of players (with a lot of info associated with each one).

Regardless I think someone else mentioned that every developer when going through the developing process has to test and account for load times. It's always a part of the process and is considered heavily when designing the game. Just because the game takes a little over a minute to load up doesn't mean the devs didn't try to reduce the load time.

Last edited by GoBucs09; 04-13-2009 at 01:22 PM.
Old 04-14-2009, 01:27 AM   #19
Rookie

I just played the demo of 2K9 and it loads up super quick while The Show demo took much longer to load up. I have not actually played the full version of 2k9 but obviously, the load times are fine for most of you here so maybe the devs don't need to work on them seeing as most here are satisfied with waiting them out. I seem to be in the minority of wanting to play the game quicker so I guess I will just have to deal with the long loading.
Old 04-14-2009, 09:32 PM   #20
Rookie

It gives me more time to smoke some nugs before the game!
Old 04-14-2009, 10:54 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohpityme
Is it just me?...mine doesnt take long to load at all.
This may sound weird, but I only notice a slow load if I've had the game shut off all day. Say I put the kids to bed and then pop in the game....it does take a while. But, if I play a game, then shut down my system because I want to watch some TV...then 5 minutes later decide I want to play again...it takes no time at all.

EDIT: BTW, as sweet as this game is, it could take 15 minutes to load and it wouldn't bother me.

Last edited by moemoe24; 04-14-2009 at 10:57 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-14-2009, 10:56 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbguy311
You should definitely play MLB 2K. Much faster load times. Just think...a whole 20 seconds faster
Old 04-15-2009, 12:45 AM   #23
Rookie

Thing is, the game required a 5GB install and it still takes a long time to load. Just imagine how long it would have taken without an install. The devs really need to do a better job.
Old 04-15-2009, 12:51 AM   #24
Rookie

Pyrite's Arena

You kids these days have it easy. When I was your age we had to load our games by hand...uphill...both ways.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »