Home

Please Put Chien-Ming Wang on the D.L.!!!

This is a discussion on Please Put Chien-Ming Wang on the D.L.!!! within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-19-2009, 07:03 AM   #17
Banned

OVR: 24
Re: Please Put Chien-Ming Wang on the D.L.!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpacemanSpiff
Not even close to 90% wants Chamberlain in the pen and the portion of the city that does is not very well-informed. A good starter who can give you 200 innings is always more valuable than an elite reliever that gives you 80 innings. Even if Joba is a 3.50 era starter vs. a 2.40 era reliever, I'd still take him as a starter. Joba has been a starter all his life, people are acting like we were trying to convert a reliever into a starter but it's actually the complete opposite. You give him a chance as a starter and if he can't stay healthy for 200 innings, that's when you think about moving him to the bullpen.
If you subscribe to the theory that Mo is an elite relief pitcher, and I know I am not "very well informed" But I wonder how the Yankees would have done if Mo had remained a starter instead of closing all those memorable games. Truth of the matter is, a closer like Mo is worth his weight in gold.

As for Wang. . . Its 3 freaking starts. He still has a live fastball with movement but his location is up in the zone, which for a sinker ball pitcher spells danger. I think and I'm no expert, his problem is mehcanical and add to that being hammered in his 3 starts I'm guessing its now in his head as well. I believe they may, since its early in the season skip a start or 2 and work with him, barring that they'd have to send him down to get his work in.
Old 04-19-2009, 09:20 AM   #18
BING BONG

DieHardYankee26's Arena

OVR: 10

do you think it was a mistake for the red sox to make papelbon a closer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpacemanSpiff
Not even close to 90% wants Chamberlain in the pen and the portion of the city that does is not very well-informed. A good starter who can give you 200 innings is always more valuable than an elite reliever that gives you 80 innings. Even if Joba is a 3.50 era starter vs. a 2.40 era reliever, I'd still take him as a starter. Joba has been a starter all his life, people are acting like we were trying to convert a reliever into a starter but it's actually the complete opposite. You give him a chance as a starter and if he can't stay healthy for 200 innings, that's when you think about moving him to the bullpen.
I can't hide who I am, baby I'm a gangster
In the Rolls Royce, steppin' on a mink rug
The clique just a gang of bosses that linked up
Old 04-19-2009, 10:53 AM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by twiztiddarkangelman
Sometimes you can think outside of the box. If you don't like the topic. Move on, noone said you have to read.
off-topic threads aren't "outside the box" .....it's off-topic. The Yankees MLB forum seems like the appropriate place to complain about an overrated team getting destroyed on national television.
Old 04-19-2009, 10:56 AM   #20
BING BONG

DieHardYankee26's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fetrey
off-topic threads aren't "outside the box" .....it's off-topic. The Yankees MLB forum seems like the appropriate place to complain about an overrated team getting destroyed on national television.
I can't hide who I am, baby I'm a gangster
In the Rolls Royce, steppin' on a mink rug
The clique just a gang of bosses that linked up

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »