Home

ONE thing that bugged you about FRANCHISE mode that needs to be fixed(NOT ADDED)

This is a discussion on ONE thing that bugged you about FRANCHISE mode that needs to be fixed(NOT ADDED) within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 11-20-2009, 06:34 AM   #25
Rookie

muktownballer33's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: ONE thing that bugged you about FRANCHISE mode that needs to be fixed(NOT ADDED)

I'd have to say the trade logic. There needs to me more teams selling at the deadline to teams making playoff runs. I see too many 1 for 1 trades where someone like Minnesota trades Liriano straight up for Roy Oswalt or Cliff Lee when all 3 teams are in the playoff hunt. I feel i have to limit myself on what kind of trades to make to keep things fair between me and the computer.

Overall though I love the franchise mode. Considering how far behind most games are when it comes to this mode I can over look a few of its flaws. LOVE THIS GAME!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-20-2009, 08:31 AM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: ONE thing that bugged you about FRANCHISE mode that needs to be fixed(NOT ADDED)

Have to agree on the free agent logic, needs to be completed redone......completely

retirements, they call it quits too early

Also they trade logic......****mors dont matchup at all, have them match up like they do in nba 2k10 or something like that.....
Old 11-20-2009, 09:50 AM   #27
Rookie

Ghoste's Arena

OVR: 4

I'll leave it up to the rest of the group to nail the more important things. I just wanted to comment on a minor, minor issue. I would like to see the way you set the quantity of promotional giveaways fixed. Currently, it takes maybe 30 seconds to set the quantity to the max of 40,000. Should take a second to set to the max.

Again, not a big deal but just thought I'd add it.

-ghoste
Old 11-20-2009, 12:31 PM   #28
MVP

zippy2212's Arena

OVR: 8

My one thing would have to be offseason logic. Like others have said make it life like. In RL arbitration eligible and contract renewal players are traded all the time. In the Show you have to first offer them a contract and sim until he accepts it, then you can trade him. Like wise if you want to make a trade for an arbitration/renewal player you have to sim until they are signed then you can make a trade. Arbitration eligible and contract renewal players are traded all the time before they actually sign a contract because they are under team control. In my franchise I had to sim away almost two months just to make the 2 trades I wanted to.

To go with that I agree on the free agents. Teams need to keep their young prospects that are free agents rather than going out and signing "big name" guys even though they already have several starters at those positions.

Number two actually 2 and 3, would be hiring and firing coaches during season and signing all players to contract extensions.
Old 11-20-2009, 01:35 PM   #29
Knows what evil lurks...

JaSnake16's Arena

OVR: 9

Said it before, Ill say it again. During a franchise season series against the CPU. The CPU constantly goes to the same relief pitchers during a series regardless of fatigue. I could understand that in an exhibition game (going to the sane guys in relatively the same order) but during franchise when stamina plays into it this should not be happening.

Another year, and here we go again.
Old 11-20-2009, 05:01 PM   #30
#Ace

Speedy's Arena

OVR: 27

Progression.

Progression.

Progression.

Progression.
Old 11-20-2009, 06:51 PM   #31
Video Game Dev

Spear's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by chefdad
The whole transportation thing.
Same.

For such a realistic Franchise mode this feature has never really seemed to fit in.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-20-2009, 07:13 PM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 1

the inability to switch from Roster Control On or Off once a franchise starts. I love to be able to request trades, but sometimes I would like to make adjustments to the rosters while I'm in the middle of a season. For instance, I like to try to trade my minor league guys, to build a better farm system, but come August first (in real life), I'd like to make the trades that are actually happening.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »