Home

Pitching motions need work

This is a discussion on Pitching motions need work within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-31-2010, 01:48 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 8
Pitching motions need work

I love the show. I've been playing it since it was called MLB Pennant Race in the mid-90's. I've probably done about 20 franchises in mlb 09....

but I was a college pitcher, and still play semi-pro, and I've never liked the pitching motions.

Pitchers lean-back too far, dont look balanced, and dont follow through correctly. I think 2k9 was a pretty bad game overall, but their pitching motions look phenomenal (SEE LINK BELOW)

i really hope the developers have time to re-work some of the pitching motions. Last year, the batting stances looked fantastic....let's give the pitchers some love!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdUsHU1BDyY
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-31-2010, 02:21 PM   #2
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

OVR: 52
Re: Pitching motions need work

They said they worked on quite a few of them but I did not view any of them because they were not in the game yet. Time will tell! One thing is for sure though in that video, the overall player fluidity in the Show is way ahead of where 2k is at currently.
Old 01-31-2010, 08:27 PM   #3
C*t*z*n *f RSN

K_GUN's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
One thing is for sure though in that video, the overall player fluidity in the Show is way ahead of where 2k is at currently.

but perhaps this is a drawback.....too fluid of an animation doesn't allow for the intensity-vigorous motion during a pitch

hard to put into words but i agree with OP on this one
Old 01-31-2010, 11:13 PM   #4
Jedi Master

Rob_NYY's Arena

OVR: 21

I agree with the OP as well. The Show made great strides with the batting stances last year, but a lot of the pitching motions were still horrible. Some of the new ones were pretty good (Sabathia, Burnett, Santana, off the top of my head), but some of the old ones from MLB 08 and prior are just horrid and need to be deleted; none of them are very good at all.

The vid the OP posted just goes to show you how far ahead 2K was last year. Just look at the comparison between K-Rod in 2K9 and K-Rod in MLB 09. Yikes! And why does K-Rod still pitch out of the windup in The Show? He hasn't done that since like 2006.

Hopefully, this is the year they change a lot of the pitching motions. It's a shame to still have some horribly inaccurate pitching animations from MLB 06 in the game.
Old 01-31-2010, 11:38 PM   #5
Legend

Tommyklaid's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob_NYY
I agree with the OP as well. The Show made great strides with the batting stances last year, but a lot of the pitching motions were still horrible. Some of the new ones were pretty good (Sabathia, Burnett, Santana, off the top of my head), but some of the old ones from MLB 08 and prior are just horrid and need to be deleted; none of them are very good at all.

The vid the OP posted just goes to show you how far ahead 2K was last year. Just look at the comparison between K-Rod in 2K9 and K-Rod in MLB 09. Yikes! And why does K-Rod still pitch out of the windup in The Show? He hasn't done that since like 2006.

Hopefully, this is the year they change a lot of the pitching motions. It's a shame to still have some horribly inaccurate pitching animations from MLB 06 in the game.

I wonder if one of "our guys" spoke with SCEA about all of that...not sure tho. It'd be nice to have someone there that "specifically" talks to them about the stances / pitching motions. (what needs work, what doesn't)

I'm not sure if they had that chance...
  • MLB The Show 24 - PS5
  • The Elder Scrolls V: SKYRIM - XBOX SERIES X
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-01-2010, 12:02 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 8

I'll simpily just co-sign this

I think I've spoken loud and clear the last few years that this needs some serious upgrading. The feeling I'm getting is from the lack of feedback in this area, is that we'll see minimal upgrading. I think we'll see a few changes like last year, but nothing drastic like the hitters were addressed last year. I hope I'm wrong.
Old 02-01-2010, 12:07 AM   #7
Jedi Master

Rob_NYY's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by cc23klaid
I wonder if one of "our guys" spoke with SCEA about all of that...not sure tho. It'd be nice to have someone there that "specifically" talks to them about the stances / pitching motions. (what needs work, what doesn't)

I'm not sure if they had that chance...
None of the guys that were invited to the community event were of the Batting Stance and Pitching Motion Guild of America™. The closest we got was RodCarew last year, but he was unable to attend. This year, I'm not sure what happened with him.

Unfortunately, none of the guys that went out there care about the stances and motions like a lot of us do. Even if they did, the build they played didn't have any of the new stances or motions in yet; so I'm not sure how much info we would have gotten anyway.
Old 02-01-2010, 12:27 AM   #8
Pro

Senor_Herbatron's Arena

Didn't think much of it until I saw that video. I definitely see where the OP is coming from. Nice post.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »