Home

MLB '10: The Show Demo Has Been Submitted, Waiting on Sony, Not SCEA

This is a discussion on MLB '10: The Show Demo Has Been Submitted, Waiting on Sony, Not SCEA within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 02-25-2010, 08:06 PM   #97
Banned

OVR: 11
Re: MLB '10: The Show Demo Has Been Submitted, Waiting on Sony, Not SCEA

This is very disappointing. I know the Show Support Brigade will want to hang me for this one, but this year has been pretty lame in regards to marketing, interaction, and game hype. I am a huge Show fan and will definitely be purchasing this game, but it seems like the wheels are coming a little loose on this franchise
Old 02-25-2010, 08:09 PM   #98
It's RBIs or ribbies

JoeRyan33's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
If they submitted a demo for PSN release...then how the heck would there be an exclusive BB demo?
Plus....the game at the kiosk's are full games...not demos.
M.K.
Knight165
I don't understand the first part of the post. Are you saying the lack of a PSN demo and the BB display are or are not related?

Surely it's irrelevant whether the game at the kiosks are full games or demos. If they are given an exclusive right to display the game earlier, surely a home playable demo would dampen the enthusiasm to rush down to their store to play it, thus decreasing their sales.

I just wish someone would come out and answer the question about whether the demo was delayed for Best Buy's benefit. If that's the case, and we weren't told about it, I think it would be poor move on Sony's part.

Thanks to all that helped with the Baltimore Orioles roster, and to N51_rob for making me an OS premium member.

CAPS I'm working on: http://www.flickr.com/photos/25328192@N06/
Old 02-25-2010, 08:10 PM   #99
MVP

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamimarlins1
This is very disappointing. I know the Show Support Brigade will want to hang me for this one, but this year has been pretty lame in regards to marketing, interaction, and game hype. I am a huge Show fan and will definitely be purchasing this game, but it seems like the wheels are coming a little loose on this franchise
I agree with everything except for "the wheels are coming loose on this franchise".

This year just seems was not hyped by the company. It seems like they aren't even that excited about the game, and I honestly am a lot less excited than I was last year. This time last year I was literally calling every store in my area to see who had it early. As it stands now, I may not get the game for a couple weeks.
Old 02-25-2010, 08:14 PM   #100
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRyan33
I don't understand the first part of the post. Are you saying the lack of a PSN demo and the BB display are or are not related?

Surely it's irrelevant whether the game at the kiosks are full games or demos. If they are given an exclusive right to display the game earlier, surely a home playable demo would dampen the enthusiasm to rush down to their store to play it, thus decreasing their sales.

I just wish someone would come out and answer the question about whether the demo was delayed for Best Buy's benefit. If that's the case, and we weren't told about it, I think it would be poor move on Sony's part.
Who are you...Perry Mason?

M.K.
Knight165
Old 02-25-2010, 08:15 PM   #101
MVP

Quote:

If that is true, then they surely would not admit it, especially considering it would make them look bad.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-25-2010, 08:16 PM   #102
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Man...some of you guys look WAAAAAAAY too deep into things.
Seriously.

M.K.
Knight165
Old 02-25-2010, 08:18 PM   #103
MVP

OVR: 14

Quote:

It seems that way. Atleast Best Buy can sell it early if they expect you to go down to their store, wait in line and get to try it out for a few minutes instead of at home on your couch. Sony is seriously dropping the ball.
Old 02-25-2010, 08:19 PM   #104
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
Man...some of you guys look WAAAAAAAY too deep into things.
Seriously.

M.K.
Knight165
Says the guy who creates 10,000 minor leaguers each year. lo.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »