Home

MLB '10: The Show Demo Has Been Submitted, Waiting on Sony, Not SCEA

This is a discussion on MLB '10: The Show Demo Has Been Submitted, Waiting on Sony, Not SCEA within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 02-25-2010, 05:47 PM   #41
MVP

OVR: 7
Re: MLB '10: The Show Demo Has Been Submitted, Waiting on Sony, Not SCEA

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaNemesis
That is why there is no point in discussing it, or pointing fingers. Because it serves nothing but aggravation, because you will never know the answer. Pointless debate that is nothing but hostility towards the developers.

Exactly, there is no reason to point fingers because we don't know the answers. That is why I posed everything in question form because I am not blaming anyone, but I am asking questions. Everyone was blaming SCEA until they said to look at Sony, not them. So then I posed questions why it may not be Sony's fault either, and then some people flip out.

I don't think it is fair to blame SCEA for this, but I also don't think it's fair to blame Sony for this. Until we know the answers to my questions, it's not fair to blame anyone right now. This however does not mean we can not be mad. I for one am pissed off that their is no demo, but that does not mean i am directing that anger towards either SCEA or Sony.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-25-2010, 05:49 PM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaNemesis
That is why all discussions on the unknown, and will never be known, should not be discussed. All they do is point fingers and aggravate people.

Not going to play this mommy daddy, he said, she said, stuff.

Two wrongs don't make a right, just arguing and infractions.
True i get what you're saying, but then again, why was this topic even started. The quote that was posted to start this topic was more to give an impression that the Developers did what they had to do. It also pretty much implies that its Sony who's holding the demo. So in a sense, the point of starting this topic was to take some of the heat off the developers for not posting the demo and putting some of that pressure on Sony.

Fact of the matter is, this topic shouldn't of had been started, we already know they submitted it, so whats the point of posting something we already know.
Old 02-25-2010, 05:50 PM   #43
Pro

OVR: 10

Honestly, from a business standpoint. If I were Sony I would never release a Demo before a game drops. Release it after the game drops so that if the game is crap or the demo build is not the best representation of the game, you still get the impatient early adopters to buy the game before the demo drops. I mean really anytime before the season starts would seem like a good time for a demo. As far as I know they will still be selling the game on March 3rd, 4th, 5th and so on.

This is not to say that The Show is a bad game and they are hiding the demo. (I played it in Best Buy today and it is every bit as quality as 09 and more) Just that they don't have to be in a rush because of the whims of a bunch of people who are going to run out and get it on the 2nd anyway.

As for the delay, I think you guys are thinking into things too much with some of the conspiracy theories. As someone who has worked in corporate America I find that all too often the only reason something is delayed is because there is a sheet of paper under someone's coffee mug that hasn't been signed off on yet.

Hey Peter....Whaaaat's Happening.
Old 02-25-2010, 05:51 PM   #44
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
People are acting extremely immature over a simple demo. All because its not been released when they feel its appropriate.
To be fair to the people that are upset, I believe it was first stated that a demo would be out "around the same time as last year". Last year was the first week of Feb.

Personally, after that week I didn't care one way or the other... But I do understand why others are frosted.
Old 02-25-2010, 05:52 PM   #45
It's RBIs or ribbies

JoeRyan33's Arena

OVR: 10

I don't really see where people are "pointing fingers."

We read a lot on here how great it is that the developers are active. I agree, it's a definite positive on these forums. Which is all the more reason to use the forum to ask questions of the developers.

I'd certainly like to know if there was a deal struck with Best Buy and if that influenced the delay of the demo in any way. There is plenty of speculation right now, and it's a question that really should be addressed.

Thanks to all that helped with the Baltimore Orioles roster, and to N51_rob for making me an OS premium member.

CAPS I'm working on: http://www.flickr.com/photos/25328192@N06/
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-25-2010, 05:52 PM   #46
R**k**

tazbk's Arena

OVR: 4

It doesn't matter because one way or another I will have the actual game before the demo. I will say that I'm starving for baseball like most of you (I lent my copy of '09 to a co-worker so he can bask in all of its glory. He said he is definitely by '10 now) but good grief.
Old 02-25-2010, 05:52 PM   #47
The Champ Is Here

Doormat's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
do you blame him?

People are acting extremely immature over a simple demo. All because its not been released when they feel its appropriate.
Agree.
I seriously don't want the demo, it's just 5 days away (or 4 to midnight release). Seriously, you guys are being so childish for a demo. Just buy the game
Old 02-25-2010, 05:52 PM   #48
Animal Liberation

EnigmaNemesis's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abnormal101
True i get what you're saying, but then again, why was this topic even started. The quote that was posted to start this topic was more to give an impression that the Developers did what they had to do. It also pretty much implies that its Sony who's holding the demo. So in a sense, the point of starting this topic was to take some of the heat off the developers for not posting the demo and putting some of that pressure on Sony.

Fact of the matter is, this topic shouldn't of had been started, we already know they submitted it, so whats the point of posting something we already know.
You are interpreting it as "Sony holding the demo", I am interpreting it as, "Sony has a schedule and they will not bump it up just because". Their PSN plans can be much larger (which appears there is more going on) this year than last year, thus the demo has to "wait in line".

I thought Chris was pretty clear on that. In no way did he point the finger, he just said they did their part, and Sony is doing theirs.

And he had to re-post it again, because a lot on here can not get that through their heads. Thinking selfishly more so than the bigger picture IMO.

Last edited by EnigmaNemesis; 02-25-2010 at 05:54 PM.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »