Home

MLB '10: The Show - Franchise Issues Update

This is a discussion on MLB '10: The Show - Franchise Issues Update within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 03-02-2010, 08:15 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Franchise Issues UPDATE:

Whatever's going on here & causing these bugs HAS to be simply! Some unique individual setting combination, maybe? There's NO way ALL this stuff slips past the OS "Community Day" representatives.

ALL we read was how the OS guys were locked away playing this game into the night... I just don't see Nemesis NOT catching the franchise bugs. Or, Knight not catching the ratings bug?

What's changed from Community Day to today?

I'm confident that there HAS to be a simple / quick fix to all of this???

-GW-
Old 03-02-2010, 08:24 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 11

The thing I think that really separates the SCEA guys from other games is it seems they are just huge baseball fans like us. Not just guys working on a game. They take so much pride in making the Show the most authentic experience you can have. They are fans of the game and I am sure are more disappointed with bugs in it than any of us. It is like their "baby" so to speak.

These guys have a passion for what they do that seems to be lacking in any other sports game IMO.
Old 03-02-2010, 08:25 PM   #19
G4 Madden CD

Kolbe's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by callmetaternuts
Holy Smokes, thanks for the quick response and hard work. While I havent seen these errors yet (no franchise for me......yet). I had a question or two about some of your proposed fixes.

Attendance - What would the downside be to this fix? Just different in terms of income from attendance?
The only possible "downside" if you want to look at it that way, is the attendance reported in game will not be the same as the attendance that Franchise mode thinks you should have - we need to do this for balance reasons.

Quote:
Trade Waivers - Will the CPU now pull them back and attempt to work out trade? Or will the USER just not be able to claim players?
CPU will pull them back - just like in real life, if you make a play for someone passing through waivers the placing team pulls them back.

For the record, I dont usually make it a habit of defending our fixes, but I could see how these may be a little confusing.

-K
Old 03-02-2010, 08:27 PM   #20
Just some dude...

BobbyColtrane's Arena

OVR: 15

This is awesome - simply the best dev team bar none. SCEA please make a football game!!!
Old 03-02-2010, 08:27 PM   #21
MVP

adice15's Arena

OVR: 18

I have 2 questions:

1. Will these be released as a patch? If so, When?

2. Will future games be shipped with it? Ex. I buy the game from walmart after the patch is released, will it already be patched?

Ok maybe that was three

Founder of OS Emu Clan.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-02-2010, 08:33 PM   #22
All Star

callmetaternuts's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by KolbeSCEA
The only possible "downside" if you want to look at it that way, is the attendance reported in game will not be the same as the attendance that Franchise mode thinks you should have - we need to do this for balance reasons.

CPU will pull them back - just like in real life, if you make a play for someone passing through waivers the placing team pulls them back.

For the record, I dont usually make it a habit of defending our fixes, but I could see how these may be a little confusing.

-K
No problem. I wasnt trying to be a jerk or anything, just wanted to make sure I understood. Sorry if it came across the wrong way.

You too can be a 5* recruit at FSU.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwelveozPlaya21
add worthless Xavier Lee to that list..
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole
CFL here he comes. Pfft, wait that would require learning a playbook. McDonalds here he comes.
Old 03-02-2010, 08:42 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 3

Awesome work with already working on fixes, this is my first MLB 10 the Show, got it late tonight and love playing it. I'm mostly a franchise person so Im curious if I should go ahead and start franchise and just play Spring Training intil a patch comes out. Or if it would be smart for me to avoid Franchise mode in till a patch come out. I plan on using all 30 teams so maybe these glitches/bugs wont even affect me?

Thanks again.
Old 03-02-2010, 08:46 PM   #24
Rookie

risky's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabarnes19
One of the times the cpu traded automatically with me it was for Ben Molina and someone else for prospects.
I have had it happen to me several times, both my profile and global settings are set to manual. If you need more info pm me and ill put it all in one pm!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »