Home

Does MLB 10: The Show Belong in the Text-Sim Hall of Fame?

This is a discussion on Does MLB 10: The Show Belong in the Text-Sim Hall of Fame? within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-20-2010, 11:05 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAFBUC
The one area that The Show is lacking: STATS!!!

Until they improve the stat overlays, historical stats and boxscore, I would not even consider the text sim angle.
It's not meant for you. Text sims appeal to an audience that doesn't need to visuals. When I want them, I fire up a console game. But the experiences are entirely different. The text sim thing is so much more immersive and flexible,but it requires imagination and time.
Old 03-20-2010, 11:24 PM   #34
Pro

OVR: 5
Re: Does MLB 10: The Show Belong in the Text-Sim Hall of Fame?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popeyes
Didnt read the article (and that would probably help) but I think what they're trying to say is that if you took out the actual playing of the games (hitting, pitching, fielding...) would it stack up next to the best text-based game? The answer is clearly no. OOTP is handsdown the best baseball game on the market and it is EXPONENTIALLY better with management/front office related thing than MLB 10 is or likely ever will be. I say this and I absolutely love The Show but its really no match for OOTP - regular people would never want that level of depth (sad but true).

hell yea. games like the show, are user skill, hand/eye coordination video games, who try to incorporate a front office aspect. text sims are true front office baseball strategies. i love ootpb.
Old 03-21-2010, 08:47 AM   #35
ShowTime!

NAFBUC's Arena

OVR: 43
Re: Does MLB 10: The Show Belong in the Text-Sim Hall of Fame?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Cloud
It's not meant for you. Text sims appeal to an audience that doesn't need to visuals. When I want them, I fire up a console game. But the experiences are entirely different. The text sim thing is so much more immersive and flexible,but it requires imagination and time.
Text sims do have stats and plenty of them. I am not talking about visuals.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »