Home

My first No no pitched

This is a discussion on My first No no pitched within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-05-2010, 06:58 PM   #9
MVP

CWSpalehoseCWS's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: My first No no pitched

Never have I been able to pitch a No-No in the Show. I did it against a friend with Buehrle in MVP '05 and once against the CPU with Buehrle against the Royals. I remember saying, "that'll never happen in real life", lol. Looks like I was mistaken.
Old 04-05-2010, 07:35 PM   #10
Rookie

Grim's Arena

OVR: 3

Good job. I also would like to know who you used? Who was it against? I havent done it in the Show either, and I have been playing it since 06. Ironically, the closest I ever came to a no no was just last night. Im playing a season with the Rangers, and was using Tommy Hunter as my pitcher. I gave up a leadoff single to Brian Roberts, then went all the way to the ninth with a 1 hitter. In the ninth, I gave up a leadoff double to some guy, and an infield hit, so I took him out with only 1 out. 3 hits in 8 and a third. Close but no cigar.
Old 04-05-2010, 10:58 PM   #11
Rookie

yanksfan72's Arena

OVR: 5

congrats, i came close 4 or 5 times last year either going to the 8th or 9th one of which i lost with 2 out in the 9th as they ripped a line drive over my 3b head, i pitche a couple in mvp05 and a perfect game as well

great job
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-07-2010, 01:09 PM   #12
Banned

NYJetsfan's Arena

OVR: 7

Just pitched one on opening day with Strasburg. My first no-no ever, pretty crazy stuff. Could you imagine if he did that in real life? Opening day, first start ever?! You think the hype is big now, lol!

Needless to say, Strasburg with Knight's rosters is a BEAST!
Old 04-07-2010, 01:41 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 6

Closest I've come was last year with Dice-K against the Yanks. I got it up the 8th inning with 2 outs. Jeter hit a chopper over my pitchers head and it landed right in no-man's land and he got to first on the infield single.

I was so pissed when that happened. Ended the game with only 1 hit.
Old 04-07-2010, 07:55 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 1

I've never had a no-hitter in any baseball game. The closest I came was with MVP 05. I had a fantasy-drafted team with Johan Santana as my ace and I got to 2 outs in the 9th and gave up a deep double just off the wall in CF. Pissed me off to no end.

Since then I don't think I've ever gotten out of the 7th with a no-hitter. With my RTTS pitcher last year I think the best I was able to muster was getting into the 6th before my D screws it up for me.
Old 04-07-2010, 08:22 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 1

Closest I ever got was with Big Z in the 8th in MLB 08. After they got a hit Z got shelled. Good job.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »