Home

How to create a makeshift Playoff Mode

This is a discussion on How to create a makeshift Playoff Mode within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-29-2010, 12:35 AM   #1
MVP

spit_bubble's Arena

OVR: 27
How to create a makeshift Playoff Mode

This is an easy way to create a Playoff Mode:

1. Start a season controlling all 30 teams.
2. Season length should be 162 games, to help ensure the teams you want will make it to the playoffs.
3. Go to "Manage Roster" for the teams you don't want to make it to the playoffs. Edit each of their five starting pitchers by reducing their "H/9" all the way to zero.
4. Save!!! This is important, to save at this point... In case the sim doesn't work out.
5. Sim the season to the end. Having the starting pitchers edited as such in step #3 should debilitate a team enough to make them miss the playoffs. If it doesn't work out, reload your save from step #4 and reduce the "H/9" for the relief pitchers on whatever team (or teams) sabotaged the process... And try again.

Optional:

6. If you want to use the resulting file multiple times, create two save files of it and only overwrite one of them as you progress.

All in all this should take you about a half an hour to complete if you get it right the first time.

Enjoy!

Last edited by spit_bubble; 04-29-2010 at 12:43 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-29-2010, 01:34 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: How to create a makeshift Playoff Mode

Yea, that works, thanks... I have been begging for a playoff mode for like 3 years... and online to boot.

Thank you SCEA, for adopting my ideas for a Playoff feature and eventually an 'online franchise'. No credit needed to be given... I am just happy you are working towards it...
Old 04-29-2010, 05:38 AM   #3
MVP

spit_bubble's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: How to create a makeshift Playoff Mode

I just put this in the stickied thread for tips and work arounds (didn't even notice that thread until now). If anyone has anything to add, post in that thread.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »