Home

* UPDATE: MLB '10 The Show Game Update #3 Details, Major Bug Found

This is a discussion on * UPDATE: MLB '10 The Show Game Update #3 Details, Major Bug Found within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
Closed Thread

Old 05-20-2010, 10:56 AM   #361
Banned

OVR: 1
Stupid question, guys: all i know is my PS3 detected a some 200 or 300-something MB update for MLB 10 which i downloaded. When i logged in to Sportsconnect reading the announcements on the latest roster and the patch i noticed the patch was from March 3rd which i already downloaded many weeks ago. My question: is there just no updated announcement on Sportsconnect available up to this day concerning the May 18th patch or did my PS3 ask me to download the same old patch that i already got? Thanks for the info.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-20-2010, 11:00 AM   #362
Banned

Stupid question, guys: all i know is my PS3 detected a some 200 or 300-something MB update for MLB 10 which i downloaded. When i logged in to Sportsconnect reading the announcements on the latest roster and the patch i noticed the patch was from March 3rd which i already downloaded many weeks ago. My question: is there just no updated announcement on Sportsconnect available up to this day concerning the May 18th patch or did my PS3 ask me to download the same old patch that i already got? Thanks for the info.
Old 05-20-2010, 11:03 AM   #363
Banned

Old 05-20-2010, 11:14 AM   #364
Banned

OVR: 5
Re: * UPDATE: MLB '10 The Show Game Update #3 Details, Major Bug Found

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Bug
Downloaded the patch and noticed the bug straight away. Turned an inning-ending 6-4-3 DP and the runner on 3B scored. *sigh*

Also of import: When will the player grades for "Potential" be corrected? Star players like Hanley Ramirez, Jonathan Broxton, Jose Reyes, Chad Billingsley and Yadier Molina (just to name a few) still grade out as only "C" Potential in the latest live roster update. Even cover boy, Joe Mauer is victim. He grades out at a mere "B" Potential. Because of the dramatic effect "Potential" grades have on player progression/regression, this flaw has prevented me from starting any Franchise play. (Don't want to be stuck with improper player grades after I start a Franchise.) Please address this issue. Franchise is my fave mode.

Thanks!

Actually Mauer only grades out at a C now on the latest one. The only reason I bought a ps3 was to play this game, and I have to say so far I'm not terribly impressed. The gameplay is pretty good, except for a few things mostly in the field like reaction time, but it seems like this game has too many off the field problems that make you spend more time trying to fix those than actually playing the game. Player potential, I've also had a problem when I trade a star player away the computer designates him for assignment and puts him in the minors, what is up with that ?

Maybe it's just because I'm new to this, but I've never ever heard or seen a video game company releasing a patch and it actually pretty much ruining the game. Don't they test this stuff out before they release it ? I do appreciate the effort that the developers make in trying to correct the game with patches and everything, but how bout doing a better job of getting the game right when it comes out ? Here we are two and a half months after the game came out and probably half the people that own this game can't play it cause of a bug that destroys the game play. At least the ps 3 is a blu-ray player cause that's about all the use I've gotten out of it so far.
Old 05-20-2010, 11:15 AM   #365
Rookie

littleguy89's Arena

OVR: 2

I only have two wishes....to have this fixed already, I'm sick of playing demos lol and two that we could het some update from Russell on where we are at with this. I'm growing impatient. And save the time for riping me about that, I know there's more than just me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-20-2010, 11:21 AM   #366
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by littleguy89
I only have two wishes....to have this fixed already, I'm sick of playing demos lol and two that we could het some update from Russell on where we are at with this. I'm growing impatient. And save the time for riping me about that, I know there's more than just me.

They can rip me too then cause I'm growing very inpatient as well. At least for me so far mlb the show has been just that... all show and nothing else.
Old 05-20-2010, 11:25 AM   #367
So Real!!

ckarlic's Arena

OVR: 26

Im actually glad i was at work when the patch dropped and didnt have a chance to download it. I was going to downloaded when I got home from work but saw the 3rd base bug and decided to hold off. Ive been playing with my internet disabled and i will continue to do so until the fix comes out. Not a big deal for me right now. Im chugging along with my franchise.
New Youtube Gaming Channel -- SpicyChicharron
Follow me on Twitter
Old 05-20-2010, 11:27 AM   #368
Rookie

OVR: 2

Actually I think people have a right to be upset. People paid good money for this game and want to play it(without a big bug like the run scoring bug). Russell hasn't bothered to update anyone recently after saying there would be a 24 hour turnaround. We are way past that now. So I think that at least an explanation as to what is going on with the fix on this is needed. People are not able to play the game the way they should because of Sony infecting it with a bug.....so people should not get ripped for being upset about this in my opinion.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »