Home

ridiculous???

This is a discussion on ridiculous??? within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-10-2010, 04:43 PM   #1
Rookie

ostie09's Arena

OVR: 3
ridiculous???

okay so i know we all get a lil frustrated at this game at times but heres the story...

im the twins playing against atheltics @ oakland. franciso liriano has a shutout going thru 8 innings heading into the 9th and im up 1-0. first batter, groundout to second. second batter, double to left center. third batter, strikeout. so with 2 outs and a shutout intact, fourth batter hits a high popup to right field and cuddyer is comfartbly under the ball in the target and then drops it!!! wtf so im like yeah it happens but at that moment, come on!!! so the runners scores tie game. and of course i end up losing in the 12th inning.

so im definitely dissapointed, but the weirdest thing is when i look at the box score, they call that play a fielders choice to rf, which boggles my mind and no error is called, even though liraiano still had 9 inn 1 r 0 er???

on top of that, it seemed like the cpu had 5+ web gems on defense to rob me of hits. just one of those games where it seemed the whole world was working against me, i couldnt believe it was f'ing pissed. its funny cuz at times i get more emotional about sports video games than real world sports. pathetic? i think not

If you ain't first, you're last.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2010, 05:06 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: ridiculous???

Quote:
Originally Posted by ostie09
okay so i know we all get a lil frustrated at this game at times but heres the story...

im the twins playing against atheltics @ oakland. franciso liriano has a shutout going thru 8 innings heading into the 9th and im up 1-0. first batter, groundout to second. second batter, double to left center. third batter, strikeout. so with 2 outs and a shutout intact, fourth batter hits a high popup to right field and cuddyer is comfartbly under the ball in the target and then drops it!!! wtf so im like yeah it happens but at that moment, come on!!! so the runners scores tie game. and of course i end up losing in the 12th inning.

so im definitely dissapointed, but the weirdest thing is when i look at the box score, they call that play a fielders choice to rf, which boggles my mind and no error is called, even though liraiano still had 9 inn 1 r 0 er???

on top of that, it seemed like the cpu had 5+ web gems on defense to rob me of hits. just one of those games where it seemed the whole world was working against me, i couldnt believe it was f'ing pissed. its funny cuz at times i get more emotional about sports video games than real world sports. pathetic? i think not
I am the same way on the emotional side...the game has a problem scoring errors/hits/FCs at times
Old 06-11-2010, 05:16 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ostie09
i get more emotional about sports video games than real world sports. pathetic? i think not
I don't get emotional when any real team loses, but if I lose a game and feel like I was cheated I am pissed. I like to play another game right after a bad loss.
Old 06-11-2010, 05:19 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by fool
I don't get emotional when any real team loses, but if I lose a game and feel like I was cheated I am pissed. I like to play another game right after a bad loss.
Me too! I can only go to bed after a WIN, which has meant a 2 AM bed time on a few occasions
Old 06-11-2010, 05:32 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 13

that would be a very frustrating way to lose. I cant say thats happened to me since i have never had 1 OF error or even seen one by the cpu that i can recall. but still, i see what your saying
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2010, 05:40 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 5

Actually, I don't even mind if I lose a game like 9-8 or 10-8. I get the most upset when I lose the game and can't get any hits. I like to keep my guys on hot streaks. Making the playoffs in the AL Central is pretty much a guarantee, so the wins and losses don't bug me as much as I want to keep my studs like Mauer, Morneau, Kubel and Thome on hot streaks and not get injured.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »