Home

mlb 10 the show 3d demo

This is a discussion on mlb 10 the show 3d demo within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-17-2010, 03:08 AM   #17
MVP

OVR: 42
Re: mlb 10 the show 3d demo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
I decided to download the demo for craps and giggles just to see what it would be like "without glasses" in a sense, and while it completed in about 20 minutes, I for some reason forgot that my TV had to be 3D-ready.

Boy am I a dumb-***.
Old 06-17-2010, 04:59 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 16

From a link on the main OS page, this sounds great, and likely addresses my biggest problem with the game (the fact that it is really tough to pick up pitches that suddenly drop):

"One of the much better looking games we saw was MLB 10 The Show. It looked to be playing at a much higher resolution, and with the higher quality graphics that the relative simplicity of baseball games have always enabled. Also, the cleanness of the field made the screen dimness not as much of an issue, and there really is a benefit to 3D during hitting... can you imagine that? An actual practical use for all these graphical shenanigans?"

So - what is the story? Will MLB: The Show 10 get a complete 3D upgrade soon?
Old 06-17-2010, 06:15 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 5

Are people nuts?? Why on earth would you need a baseball game in 3d? and why on earth would you pay thousands and thousands of dollars for a very new and very bad quality technology, My friend got the TV and after setting it up and then spending another almost 1500 on the glasses for him and his family i watched the 1 and only movie and was sooooo disappointed. No way im buying a TV and then spending what i can only assume would be a game costing around 100 bucks.
Old 06-17-2010, 06:32 PM   #20
Banned

OVR: 2

there is a thing thats in 3d and doesnt need glasses..its called real life and a real baseball game...
Old 06-18-2010, 02:34 AM   #21
MVP

sydrogerdavid's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by HFX007
there is a thing thats in 3d and doesnt need glasses..its called real life and a real baseball game...

Do you play for a MLB team? No, you don't. Do, you play for a MiLB team? No, you don't. So, it seems to me, that it would be rather difficult and inconvenient, for most people on this board, to go out and train up and then try out for a MLB team. After that it's still highly unlikely any of us make the cut and continue to climb the ranks of the minor league system and then live the dream after 5 years. We don't just sit and watch a video game. We get to play in the big leagues or run a big league team to our hearts desires or run the entire league the way we want.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2010, 12:38 PM   #22
Hall Of Fame

mjb2124's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattler17
Are people nuts?? Why on earth would you need a baseball game in 3d? and why on earth would you pay thousands and thousands of dollars for a very new and very bad quality technology
Why not? Most people don't "need" any number of things that they get. Do you need a TV at all? No. Do you need a PS3 or 360? No. Do you need video games at all? No.

Stating it's a very bad quality technology is quite simply, personal opinion. Many experts think it's a fabulous technology that's already great and only getting better. If you've got the means, why not? If it fails, it's still a great TV even with the 3D off. Look at it this way... I looked at 60-65" plasma without 3D. That was going to cost $2500. A similar 60-65" plasma 3D is $3000. What's $500 more in that scenario? The way I see it, if you've got the means, go for it.

BTW, your friend must have a huge family considering the glasses run around $200. To pay $1500 would mean there are approximately 8 people in that household.
Old 06-18-2010, 12:56 PM   #23
So Real!!

ckarlic's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjb2124
Why not? Most people don't "need" any number of things that they get. Do you need a TV at all? No. Do you need a PS3 or 360? No. Do you need video games at all? No.

Stating it's a very bad quality technology is quite simply, personal opinion. Many experts think it's a fabulous technology that's already great and only getting better. If you've got the means, why not? If it fails, it's still a great TV even with the 3D off. Look at it this way... I looked at 60-65" plasma without 3D. That was going to cost $2500. A similar 60-65" plasma 3D is $3000. What's $500 more in that scenario? The way I see it, if you've got the means, go for it.

BTW, your friend must have a huge family considering the glasses run around $200. To pay $1500 would mean there are approximately 8 people in that household.

Well said. At first i was just so so on the idea of 3D tvs. But after seeing a few in person at stores, I think it is awesome. I would love to try on the Show in 3D. I think with time this technology will take off. The thing that im holding out for are the Sony TV's that will have GoogleTV built into them. To me, that is more of a selling point than just the 3D technology itself. Im hoping to have enough saved by next year to actually get one. By then, i think there will be a lot more media available in 3D and some of the issues from early models will be ironed out.
New Youtube Gaming Channel -- SpicyChicharron
Follow me on Twitter
Old 08-16-2010, 12:15 AM   #24
Pro

OVR: 4

just bought a sony 55 led 3d today...it gets delivered saturday...in the meantime ill dload the demo and ill be sure to let you guys know what i think...i am VERY excited for this...played stardust on 3d at best buy and it was WILD...very awesome technology...Sony bundles the TV with 2 sets of glasses and the emitter thing...still pricey but the msrp was 3800 and i think we paid in the neighborhood of 2600 w/ all accessories and free delivery...a deal i suppose if i could just stop thinking about how i could have had a jetski or small car for that price...oh, well it'll get use thats for sure...i feel for you guys with glasses...sucks to have to put glasses over glasses, but the sony ones are big enough that you dont even really notice believe it or not and they are very comfortable as well...only thing im afraid of is the headaches everyone claims they get from watching or playing 3d too long

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »