Home

MLB 11 The Show to Launch in 3D

This is a discussion on MLB 11 The Show to Launch in 3D within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-20-2010, 08:33 PM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 20
Re: MLB 11 The Show to Launch in 3D

Quote:
Originally Posted by BravesKiddKrucial
I dont normally post a lot on the internet just for the fact that 90 percent of the posts are predominantly focused on whines and gripes about this or that. However with saying that I feel the need to give you guys just a little insight on how 3d really is. After seeing Avatar in 3d I was pretty much amazed at how they actually did it correctly and not as a gimmick as we have seen in the past but had no idea they were actually trying to bring that same technology into the home. Then one day I went into one of my local electronics store just looking at new tv's because it was definately time to update from my old 32' lcd. Thats when I saw this 46' Samsung on display with these funny glasses sitting in the front and the picture was all blurry and to be honest I was like WTF is this garbage? A sales rep. came up and told me its the new 3d tech. blah blah blah we've all heard it by now im sure and so I gave it a try. Needless to say the first impression was wow thats cool but it looks like they've got some issues to hammer out. Didnt think much of it until I saw it again and after that I had to have one. I ended up picking up a 55' UN55C8000 and haven't looked back since. All the gripes there were in the beginning have been fixed with firmware updates and I'll tell you what. Its the best 2d picture I've ever seen in my life on top of it all. When I told people at work everyone was saying the same thing about the silly glasses and tons of questions like well what if I dont want to watch it in 3d? .... Then dont.. Its a option not a mandatory feature. I've had quite a few BBQ's and every single person that has come over and watched the 3d movie Monsters vs Alien's really really thought it was amazing.. I think the best quote from that I ever heard was "Space is f***ing cool!" and then I put them on to the best thing I've experienced from my 3d upgrade and thats the new 3d demo's PS3 has released and man.. I can't get these people off my couch or unglued from the TV. They just cant get enough of it and all I hear is how amazing that is and that no matter what it takes they have to have one in the near future.

It honestly adds a whole new dimension to the games that just feels right and makes the experience all that much more rewarding. All I can really say is you have to see it to believe it. Also as far as the glasses are concerned and people that wear perscription glasses my roommate also has to wear these and he has absolutely no problems with it at all. They fit perfectly and are actually designed to accomodate you guys.

So Im here to tell you guys.. Honestly 3d is here to stay and once you experience it truely you will feel the same way.. I know times are tough and money is hard to come by but seriously.. We are still the in the same age where people spend 2 to 3 grand for a gaming computer that is completely obsolete a year later.

Put the jealousy aside and quit downing something you have absolutely no idea about and give it a shot. Im sure you will be happy you did.
I dont doubt that it is amazing, but when you are married with 2 kids and a mortgage, 3D tv's are the last thing on your mind. So I'm not jealous nor downing the technology, I just simply cant afford to pay that kind of dough for a TV.
Old 07-20-2010, 08:55 PM   #50
Rookie

OVR: 3

Yeah I can understand that situation completely. As others have said though this is something they've been working on for quite a while now.. I know at least two years so I wouldn't be worried about them letting the game slide back on what keeps it the best baseball game available. Honestly I wish they would have just released a patch for these games they already have demo's for instead of making us early adopters wait for something they've basicly already implemented in the current editions of these games.
Old 07-20-2010, 09:22 PM   #51
1B, OF

Perfect Zero's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by sydrogerdavid
I'm not sure this will be true. I went to Orlando a month ago and there was 3D everywhere you looked. I went to 6 different 3D shows throughout the week. It's one of the main entertainment things down there in the parks.
Yeah, it's happened before. The 1950s, the 1980s, the 2010s. It's like the waves upon the sea, and I'm sure thirty years from now it will come back and be "the next new thing." The problem with it is the technology; nobody's going to be going around with 3D glasses everywhere they go. Second is the price, where the average person is paying out the ends for the technology. Third is that HD will see a leap in two to three years, where people are going to forget about the 3D experience.

The problem with the whole thing is that we are coming to a point where people aren't going to be able to pay their bills. HD came in fast when people could start affording the technology during a boom. The next two to three years will see problems with the markets, and this technology will never jump. When the market comes around, expect 3D to be thrown back into the Laserdisk and 8-track heap.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2010, 02:18 AM   #52
Rookie

douggoud's Arena

OVR: 7
you know, 3D isnt exactly what it's cracked up to be, so far at least, i played the show in 3D at the allstar fan fest in the gaming area with my dad, sometimes the 3D would turn off and it would basically be what you see without the glasses, (which made no sense, how does it look 3D without the glasses when i'm wearing the glasses, lol, that really didnt make sense, but you get the point) not to mention, it just hurt my eyes instead, i'll stick to 2D gaming for now, lol
Old 07-23-2010, 02:22 AM   #53
Rookie

douggoud's Arena

OVR: 7
also, does that mena it will ONLY be in 3D? if so, i may unfortunately have to pass up mlb 11, and i've bought every the show, from 06 to 10, and i dont plan on stopping t 11, but if it'll only be 3D to where i'd have to buy a 3D tv, i'm gonna have to draw the line right there, i hope, and am sure this isnt the case, but still 3D isnt the big thing IMO, tey to make the stadiums look like the roman cathedral in Gran Turismo 5, lol, those graphics would be awsome
Old 07-23-2010, 02:41 AM   #54
Rookie

OVR: 4

Do not have a 3d TV or plan on getting one, but, why are you guys so down about this? I'm sure they wouldn't neglect mlb 11 just to add a 3d feature... I mean they're smart enough to know many won't have one by release. They wouldn't waste all of their resources on something they knew many wouldn't even experience. Plus I'm sure they have serperate divisions for things like graphics, gameplay, presentation... So even if this was time consuming, its not going to effect any gameplay upgrades, or other problems.. Graphics never really were an issue, so if that department is spending a little extra time on this, then it probably won't have a very big impact. This is the best sports game out. Their not going to risk ruining what they've built to add 3D, relax....
Old 07-23-2010, 02:11 PM   #55
MLB Lead Animator

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by acidraindrops08
Do not have a 3d TV or plan on getting one, but, why are you guys so down about this? I'm sure they wouldn't neglect mlb 11 just to add a 3d feature... I mean they're smart enough to know many won't have one by release. They wouldn't waste all of their resources on something they knew many wouldn't even experience. Plus I'm sure they have serperate divisions for things like graphics, gameplay, presentation... So even if this was time consuming, its not going to effect any gameplay upgrades, or other problems.. Graphics never really were an issue, so if that department is spending a little extra time on this, then it probably won't have a very big impact. This is the best sports game out. Their not going to risk ruining what they've built to add 3D, relax....
Yeah...what this guy said....but with more line-breaks...

I am hopeful that after all the time the animation team has put into working on the 3D feature, we we will have enough time to add a few "runner rounds base in real time after a home run and DOES NOT touch his helmet" animations!

Chris
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2010, 01:16 AM   #56
MVP

OVR: 11

For those talking about the prohibitive costs of a 3D TV, Dell is selling a 3D-ready 60" Mitsubishi DLP for around $800. I got one a couple of weeks ago and the HD picture is fabulous...every bit as good as the picture on my 52" Sony Bravia which cost twice as much. It will cost another $400 for the 3D starter package which includes adapter, emitter, and two pairs of glasses which I plan on ordering soon. So for around $1200 you can have a brand new 60" 3D TV. That's not cheap but it's nothing like the $3000 some people think is required to get into 3D TVs.

Personally I can't wait to try out The Show in 3D.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »