Home

Old 07-29-2010, 01:06 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 5
Habits...

Ok I picked up Daisuke Matsuzaka on my A's franchise (Second year) and I've developed a habit. Every time he is not pitching from the stretch I press x to star the meter and I look over my left shoulder to my closet (doors serve as mirrors) and stare at the reflection of a poster and count to 2 (1-2 not 0-1-2) and turn my eyes back to the screen chose the power of the pitch and hope I hit the yellow. I've been hitting the yellow so many times with him I can say I'm pretty proud of my accuracy.

With 3 starts and 18.2 innings pitch, he is currently leading the AL in WHIP with a 0.64 and second to Brian Matusz in walks allowed with 3 and is second in ERA to Justin Verlander in ERA with a 0.96 (Verlander has 0.59). He's set to pitch right now but I'm trying to delay this as much as possible lol.

Anyways I want to see if the OS nation has any habits/rituals or whatever you want to call it when playing this stressful game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2010, 04:42 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: Habits...

Oh man first off sorry for the double post, but after posting this I took a no hitter to the 8th inning with Dice-K before he gave up his first hit. I took him out after he gave up the second hit in a row, but ended up winning with 2-0 with the shutout. I sure was nervous during the 7th inning, I had trouble with the joysticks lol.
Old 07-29-2010, 12:19 PM   #3
True.

Chef Matt's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-c_138
Ok I picked up Daisuke Matsuzaka on my A's franchise (Second year) and I've developed a habit. Every time he is not pitching from the stretch I press x to star the meter and I look over my left shoulder to my closet (doors serve as mirrors) and stare at the reflection of a poster and count to 2 (1-2 not 0-1-2) and turn my eyes back to the screen chose the power of the pitch and hope I hit the yellow. I've been hitting the yellow so many times with him I can say I'm pretty proud of my accuracy.

With 3 starts and 18.2 innings pitch, he is currently leading the AL in WHIP with a 0.64 and second to Brian Matusz in walks allowed with 3 and is second in ERA to Justin Verlander in ERA with a 0.96 (Verlander has 0.59). He's set to pitch right now but I'm trying to delay this as much as possible lol.

Anyways I want to see if the OS nation has any habits/rituals or whatever you want to call it when playing this stressful game.
That is one heck of a habit...wow glad it's workin out for you.

I do have one that I can think of. Everytime a check swing appeal happens on 2 strikes I look at a rocking chair in my living room and peak at the screen in my periferal vision to see the outcome.
The celebrity chef culture is a remarkable and admittedly annoying phenomenon. Of all the professions, after all, few people are less suited to be suddenly thrown into the public eye than chefs. We're used to doing what we do in private, behind closed doors.
Old 07-29-2010, 01:28 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chefdad
That is one heck of a habit...wow glad it's workin out for you.

I do have one that I can think of. Everytime a check swing appeal happens on 2 strikes I look at a rocking chair in my living room and peak at the screen in my periferal vision to see the outcome.
LOL that's just intensity at it's finest. I close my eyes when I check my swing with 2 outs in a crucial part of the game and wait for the announcers to give me the outcome.
Old 07-29-2010, 02:04 PM   #5
All Star

mikenoob's Arena

OVR: 21

I always seem to mash x for every pitch. I even mash x on pitches way out of the zone for a check swing. It's not me not being able to read the pitch, but I think it's just like a reflex problem. I somehow manage to fully press it on pitches in the zone, but always check swing at pitches outside. It comes back to haunt me sometimes when they appeal the check swings.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2010, 02:07 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

I for some reason always tilt my head if I have a ball going foul that could be a home run in the direction of the foul pole. Like I am going to see it better or something. I guess I need the 3d version next year just so then I have a good reason for staring that the side of my tv hoping that my ball dings the pole or stays fair. Also I have made it a habit to mute the tv and anytime they try to show anything then I look away if I have a no hitter or perfect game possible. I have yet to get either but normally it is because someone or something shows me I have a chance at it. Had a no no into the 7th and didn't know I had the chance till a fly ball to center showed me the stupid score board. Then I tried to hard for the out I ended up walking 2 and then gave up a home run that gave them the lead. Had I not saw the score board I thought I gave up a couple hits because 2 guys had stolen bases so I just assumed.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »