Home

MLB 10 The Show vs. MLB 11 The Show Player Model Comparison Screenshots: King Felix

This is a discussion on MLB 10 The Show vs. MLB 11 The Show Player Model Comparison Screenshots: King Felix within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-16-2010, 01:24 AM   #41
MVP

CuseGirl's Arena

OVR: 7
it would be cool if u could adjust his cap to the side to get that "gangsta" look, lol...in RTTS, are we gonna have the ability to adjust size of uniform? I mean, this years version, A-Rod looked like every other Yankee who wore high socks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-16-2010, 01:32 AM   #42
Animal Liberation

EnigmaNemesis's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: MLB 10 The Show vs. MLB 11 The Show Player Model Comparison Screenshots: King Fel

Loving the ear jewelry!

Old 12-16-2010, 01:50 AM   #43
Banned

OVR: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by CuseGirl
Uh, all I gotta say is "I agree with this stuff". Hey, EA, this stuff right here, you need to get this stuff....
It's like that movie that your friends tell you is SO GOOD, you just have to see it, so you get your expectations all high and get wicked excited. Then you go see the movie and keep waiting for it to get good but trhe credits roll and you are really let down.

OS posted a message on my facebook about this player model with the words WOW next to it. I thought The Show 10 did a lousy job with most of the Mariner models asside from Ichiro so I got excited to see what they did. It wasn't all that. That's all I'm trying to say. The Show is a great game. But some of the player models are a joke. Since when does Youk have a black goatee??? Just an example. I don't care if I offended the developers of this game.
I
Old 12-16-2010, 02:06 AM   #44
Animal Liberation

EnigmaNemesis's Arena

Disclaimer: this person does not share the views of all Sawx fans!

Sent from reality using Tapatalk
Old 12-16-2010, 02:14 AM   #45
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

Re: MLB 10 The Show vs. MLB 11 The Show Player Model Comparison Screenshots: King Fel

w1ck3d50xf4n, despite the change in facial appearance itself and people's positive comments toward them, I think these screenshots are specifically intended to show off the new player models themselves.

By "player models," I am not referring to a single thing about the individual's facial features, skin color, accessories, etc. I am (and they are) strictly referring to the skeletal mold of the player.

The stocky bodily appearance that has haunted this franchise since its PlayStation 2 days are now gone. Not only that, but the proof will be in the pudding. This game should now animate in a more lifelike fashion simply on the basis that the players are now more formed to look like their lifelike counterparts. Again, that's not saying anything about Hernandez's earrings or facial hair. Now we're talking about his gut and his shoulder broadness, etc.

This correction is what is trying to be pointed out in these shots, and I am simply floored by the difference (and thankful that they put so many years of effort into them... remember that they had to reanimate everything to prevent clipping). Other people may be floored by other visual comparisons, and I understand that might be what you're basing your posts off of, but I just want to inform that when SCEA refers to "player models," I think they are solely talking about the actual player skeleton, nothing more.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-16-2010, 02:47 AM   #46
Animal Liberation

EnigmaNemesis's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by w1ck3d50xf4n
I don't care if I offended the developers of this game.
I
This is not a way to get your points across.

Sent from reality using Tapatalk
Old 12-16-2010, 03:14 AM   #47
LVP

BatsareBugs's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
I don't care if I offended the developers of this game.
I
This is really bothersome. Is it really that hard to be constructive at all? You're practically new here, but the community doesn't need this type of attitude. You don't have to like the changes and your gripe is valid, yet it pertains to the physical appearances of the player rather than the player models which are being discussed in this thread. Show a little more tact. Insulting people doesn't get anything done here.
Old 12-16-2010, 03:46 AM   #48
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
It's like that movie that your friends tell you is SO GOOD, you just have to see it, so you get your expectations all high and get wicked excited. Then you go see the movie and keep waiting for it to get good but trhe credits roll and you are really let down.

OS posted a message on my facebook about this player model with the words WOW next to it. I thought The Show 10 did a lousy job with most of the Mariner models asside from Ichiro so I got excited to see what they did. It wasn't all that. That's all I'm trying to say. The Show is a great game. But some of the player models are a joke. Since when does Youk have a black goatee??? Just an example. I don't care if I offended the developers of this game.
I
Well, you're in the VAST minority here, obviously.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »