Home

MLB 11 The Show Trailer, Box Art and DualShock 3: MLB 11 The Show Edition

This is a discussion on MLB 11 The Show Trailer, Box Art and DualShock 3: MLB 11 The Show Edition within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 12-19-2010, 12:22 PM   #153
Animal Liberation

EnigmaNemesis's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: MLB 11 The Show Trailer, Box Art and DualShock 3: MLB 11 The Show Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
Yeah there a reviews etc.. BUT there are too many reviewers out there that have agendas plus how many times, including here at OS that the review never mentions issues that after 1/2 hour of playing, comes out. Then there are times you don't see isssue after a certain point.

Don't get me wrong I HATE EB/GS policies towards thier employees and thier trade in values. I guess I just like having the isnurance of knowing when I buy used I have a little insurance.

The video game a movie/dvd sales industry get off like champs in this respect as they have no "return if it's junk" problems to worry about.

I guess this is a discussion for another place and time though lol

I can't wait to see when I'll get the game so I can throw in a vacation day or 2 or 3 lol
I hear you man, I hear you! I will be sure to take a few days for myself and this game as well!
Old 12-19-2010, 12:24 PM   #154
Banned

OVR: 2

I have stopped using EB games because of the terrible resale value they offer now...but to say the gamers only have the physical copy...someone is charging for DLC...and in some games they give a one time only code for new games..I think it sucks.. I buy a car I dont send 5% to honda when I resell it to the guy down the street. If I buy a TV sony doesnt get a cut when I sell it. No other industries gets a cut of any resale of any product. If a new game costs 69.99 thats for a new product...if I can resell it for 59.99 that should be no concern of a developer...Theres used sports stores..and bauer is not asking for a cut of these stores resale. I can understand your frustration with eb games or game stop but not for this reason
Old 12-19-2010, 12:26 PM   #155
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

I put in for my Spring vacation for the week of March 7th thru 11th. My boss says, "well I guess I know what day that baseball game comes out." LOL

BTW...why are we discussing the gaming industry as it pertains to the resale of video games and Gamestop's practices in a thread about the Show?

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-19-2010, 12:31 PM   #156
Banned

OVR: 2

agreed..Sorry for getting off topic...I butted in when I saw the post..because I was curious about opinion. Im a business student and was discussing this exact topic in class recently and I just took the opportunity to ask my question. I dont mind buying new with the show...since Ive been on OS I've seen the difference in the game from a lot of suggestions implemented and love the fact they do this. No other game has this response or this much input..I may not have been the only one to suggest certain things but they have all been added..its great what THESE developers do.
Old 12-19-2010, 03:12 PM   #157
Banned

OVR: 17
Nothing against Matt V. I think he's an excellent play by play guy but just having him for another year leaves a stale taste in my mouth. Im getting a little tired of hearing the same stuff every single game with him...he's a bit dull. I know alot of you dont agree, but I just love the energy and excitement that Joe Buck injects into the game and he is very representative of the "Big Game" so it would be nice if they added someone like him or just another announcer during post season to seperate the playoff atmosphere from the regular season.

One of the main gripes I have had with MLB was the fact that there really was no elevated or special feeling that the playoffs brought over the regular season. That, and the fact that the game could use alot more fielding animations and variety....You can only enjoy (insert SS or 2B of your choice) sliding on one knee while backhanding then throwing to nail the runner so many times before it gets a bit annoying and no longer feels special.

The outfielding could also use a bit more variety and excitement....Not enough dynamic play out there. Everything feels a bit too predictable and scripted when a ball is hit out there. Not much drama....'is he gonna get to it, or is it gonna just get by his glove' That sort of thing is somewhat missing or could use more fleshing out or organic variety.

Also overall factiods Presenetation felt a bit tacked on last year....not as deep as MLB 2K's game. However I still love the MLB Show franchise

Thoughts?
Old 12-19-2010, 03:48 PM   #158
Animal Liberation

EnigmaNemesis's Arena

OVR: 55

Just for you mentioning Joe buck, I refuse to reason with you. Him and McCarver can stay a million miles away from this series.

Sorry! But yeah.

Matty V is fantastic. The color guys are what needs refreshing, and having Karros will add big to it!
Old 12-19-2010, 04:00 PM   #159
Banned

OVR: 17
I dont care for McCarver, but I like Joe Bucks energy....The problem with Matty V is 2 fold, 1 He is a bit dull in the series but even moreso, the fact that most of his dialouge is rehashed from the previous 2 years makes the game feel very sterile and repetitious.

My personal feeling is the game needs a bit of a refresher in the commentary department.

There's nothing wrong with Buck....He'd add excitement. But there are certainly some others that are just as good if not better. Too much Matty V for too long....Thats what killed the High Heat series, too many seasons with that dull San Francisco announcer, what was his name?...McDonald or something?
Old 12-19-2010, 04:08 PM   #160
Banned

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
I put in for my Spring vacation for the week of March 7th thru 11th. My boss says, "well I guess I know what day that baseball game comes out." LOL

BTW...why are we discussing the gaming industry as it pertains to the resale of video games and Gamestop's practices in a thread about the Show?
And that is why you are not gamestop material bro.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »