Home

Rain Delays/Postponements in MLB 11?

This is a discussion on Rain Delays/Postponements in MLB 11? within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-16-2011, 11:19 AM   #9
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Re: Rain Delays/Postponements in MLB 11?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rules
Too bad they couldn't figure out how to work in rain delays and postponements. This really would have elevated the realism to a whole other level. It's been done before so I wonder why it has taken them so long to get this in?
because everything is a building process. You have to be able to walk before you can run. My guess is they really wanted to get in real time progressive lighting and then add rain. They were able to do that during this cycle.

To add in rain delays and postponements not only effects the game you are playing, but it also effects franchise/season modes. So, they have to account for setting the AI to realize how to re-schedule the game, set up doubleheaders, use their rotation accordingly, or add a game to the schedule, etc...

Its not as simple as writing a code that says "rain delays and postponements" and poof its there and works as baseball fans would expect.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 01-16-2011, 04:17 PM   #10
Pro

Sco291's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Too bad they couldn't figure out how to work in rain delays and postponements. This really would have elevated the realism to a whole other level. It's been done before so I wonder why it has taken them so long to get this in?

The fact that the devs were able to incorporate rain alone this year has me beyond stoked. It will really add to the whole franchise aspect of the game, and to go along with that, the new lighting system. Postponements would be neat, but rain is in this year... you should be rejoicing that they were able to just do that!

P.S. - Again, anyone that could help me out with figuring why my avatar wont show up would be GREATLY appreciated :-)
Old 01-16-2011, 09:16 PM   #11
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
because everything is a building process. You have to be able to walk before you can run. My guess is they really wanted to get in real time progressive lighting and then add rain. They were able to do that during this cycle.

To add in rain delays and postponements not only effects the game you are playing, but it also effects franchise/season modes. So, they have to account for setting the AI to realize how to re-schedule the game, set up doubleheaders, use their rotation accordingly, or add a game to the schedule, etc...

Its not as simple as writing a code that says "rain delays and postponements" and poof its there and works as baseball fans would expect.
Exactly. We dont need another developer half hazardly throwing in "feature after feature" that never gets developed or works right in the first place.
One step at a time.....

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-16-2011, 10:12 PM   #12
Animal Liberation

EnigmaNemesis's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
Exactly. We dont need another developer half hazardly throwing in "feature after feature" that never gets developed or works right in the first place.
One step at a time.....
Exactly, and not only working right, but dynamically, realistically, the field and dirt slowly getting wetter and wetter with little wet spots that expand to full dampness!!!!

And actual modeled weather patterns, and lighting based of actual satellite calculations.

It is a sight to behold, no sports game EVER has gotten it so realistic, it even rivals most other genres as far as rain realism.
Old 01-16-2011, 11:21 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy

I guess is there more to it, but I dont need postponements to happen during a game I just want It as a menu option much like manual injuries, but I could see it being difficult with the calendar and such but is it really that hard to put in?
Old 01-16-2011, 11:22 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Its done before? which game was that?
Old 01-16-2011, 11:22 PM   #15
Animal Liberation

EnigmaNemesis's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boozers
I guess is there more to it, but I dont need postponements to happen during a game I just want It as a menu option much like manual injuries, but I could see it being difficult with the calendar and such but is it really that hard to put in?
It is pretty difficult, trust me. If it was so easy, it would be in, they LOVE adding features.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-16-2011, 11:22 PM   #16
MVP

crains13's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaNemesis
Exactly, and not only working right, but dynamically, realistically, the field and dirt slowly getting wetter and wetter with little wet spots that expand to full dampness!!!!

And actual modeled weather patterns, and lighting based of actual satellite calculations.

It is a sight to behold, no sports game EVER has gotten it so realistic, it even rivals most other genres as far as rain realism.

Wait EN, are you saying the field and dirt do actually get wetter and wetter?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »