MLB 11 The Show Video: Gameplay Footage From Community Event - Page 2 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

MLB 11 The Show Video: Gameplay Footage From Community Event

This is a discussion on MLB 11 The Show Video: Gameplay Footage From Community Event within the MLB: The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB: The Show > MLB: The Show Last Gen
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-18-2011, 10:52 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame
 
bcruise's Arena
 
OVR: 48
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 20,180
Blog Entries: 8
Re: Gameplay footage from MLB 11 The Show - Community Event

Very nice....didn't expect full gameplay video from the event. Thanks PSNation and SCEA!

You guys probably have no idea how lucky they were to be able to capture this video - this absolutely would not have been possible at this same time last year when I went.

I don't think I'm going to be worrying too much about the throw canceling now - that seems like almost a split-second decision once you see the final circle. Not something I'd even be able to pull off on a regular basis.

Someone's going to ask, so I will - what difficulty level was it on? The pitching meter seemed pretty forgiving except for the times you missed the target badly.
bcruise is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 10:59 PM   #10
Your $100M contract MAN
 
sbmnky's Arena
 
OVR: 14
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Hollywood, CA
Posts: 1,171
Re: Gameplay footage from MLB 11 The Show - Community Event

Wow! That's was bada** - thanks for the post. I know this is NOT the final build, but some cool observations.

I'm loving the look of the pitching meter - especially out of the stretch. You hang 'em, they bang 'em! 2 curveballs that you hung were ripped! That really shows how important it is to hit your spots. It also looks as though the computer is more patient at the plate by laying off strikes.

I noticed PCI when you looked at swing feedback - were you hitting via pure zone or analog?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise

Someone's going to ask, so I will - what difficulty level was it on?
Beat me to it!

Noticed a "We will rock you" scrolling across the electronic banner - that was pretty cool.

Thanks PSNation for taking the video (nice podcast, btw) and SCEA for allowing him to post it.
sbmnky is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 11:01 PM   #11
Rookie
 
OVR: 4
Join Date: May 2009
Re: Gameplay footage from MLB 11 The Show - Community Event

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsu_gb23
I'm not liking how Braun beats out a smash to short. The problem is the shortstop kinda hot-dogged it and the throw was late. I've seen this animation too many times in previous years.

.
Unless I'm missing something, it was a chopper, not a smash .. but the SS kind of waited back on it and then went into an animation as if it was a hot smash, it seemed. I could be wrong though?

ripwalk is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-18-2011, 11:14 PM   #12
Go Cubs Go
 
PLite14's Arena
 
OVR: 10
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Saint Louis, MO
Posts: 339
Re: Gameplay footage from MLB 11 The Show - Community Event

Wow. Just WOW. Everything looks so much more life-like. The way the players move seems really fluid.
__________________
Ron Santo at his finest:
http://www.northtonorth.com/pages/so.../santoohno.mp3
PLite14 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 11:16 PM   #13
Banned
 
OVR: 4
Join Date: Jun 2007
Re: Gameplay footage from MLB 11 The Show - Community Event

Really like how the pitching meter works. Just wondering a few things. What level were you playing on? It seems as though the ball moves down the meter really slowly making it quite easy to hit the optimal spot on the way down. Does the speed of the ball moving down get faster at the higher difficulty levels. I like how the user seems to have alot of control of where the ball is pitched. On the way down it seems to control weather the pitch will miss high or low of the intended target and on the way back up it seems like this determines if you miss inside or outside your target. I like this setup. I would imagine on HOF or Legend being off the mark a little will be very unforgiving which is good. The fielding meter seems like it will work well too. You don't have much time to cancel your throw once you see the accuracy which is awesome since you shouldn't be able to cancel everytime you see a bad throw coming. The player models look fantastic, no more short arming from the pitchers and no more t-rex arms. Fielder looked awesome, you could see his girth but he didn't just look wide like last year. Can't wait to play this game.
harvey88 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 11:17 PM   #14
Banned
 
OVR: 9
Join Date: Feb 2004
Re: Gameplay footage from MLB 11 The Show - Community Event

Looked really good! More videos please.
michaeldu is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 11:21 PM   #15
SCEA Community Manager
 
Russell_SCEA's Arena
 
OVR: 29
Join Date: May 2005
Location: San Diego
Posts: 4,212
Re: Gameplay footage from MLB 11 The Show - Community Event

Quote:
Originally Posted by harvey88
Really like how the pitching meter works. Just wondering a few things. What level were you playing on? It seems as though the ball moves down the meter really slowly making it quite easy to hit the optimal spot on the way down. Does the speed of the ball moving down get faster at the higher difficulty levels. I like how the user seems to have alot of control of where the ball is pitched. On the way down it seems to control weather the pitch will miss high or low of the intended target and on the way back up it seems like this determines if you miss inside or outside your target. I like this setup. I would imagine on HOF or Legend being off the mark a little will be very unforgiving which is good. The fielding meter seems like it will work well too. You don't have much time to cancel your throw once you see the accuracy which is awesome since you shouldn't be able to cancel everytime you see a bad throw coming. The player models look fantastic, no more short arming from the pitchers and no more t-rex arms. Fielder looked awesome, you could see his girth but he didn't just look wide like last year. Can't wait to play this game.

No the speed of the meter is determined by the pitching motions. When you increase the difficulty level it becomes increasingly harder to hit your spots. There is a random sensitivity slider built into the system. So you can't master going stright down and up to the right or left.
Russell_SCEA is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 11:24 PM   #16
Rookie
 
OVR: 7
Join Date: Mar 2009
Re: Gameplay footage from MLB 11 The Show - Community Event

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
No the speed of the meter is determined by the pitching motions. When you increase the difficulty level it becomes increasingly harder to hit your spots. There is a random sensitivity slider built into the system. So you can't master going stright down and up to the right or left.

i looked through a few of the threads.... we have an option for both hitting and pitching to either choose the new setup or the old setup right?

other then that love the vid
woz411 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB: The Show > MLB: The Show Last Gen »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:55 PM.

Top -