Home

MLB 11 The Show Video: Gameplay Footage From Community Event

This is a discussion on MLB 11 The Show Video: Gameplay Footage From Community Event within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-22-2011, 10:26 PM   #185
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: MLB 11 The Show Video: Gameplay Footage From Community Event

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakedowncapo
When you say "way off" it gets us nowhere. If I were to post a Jason Bay video right now, nobody would agree with that. Exaggerated? Fine. If he came up to bat with no name and no face you and a number of mets fans(maybe not knight, ahem) would know its him.
Jason Bay's Stance is quite off though. He doesn't wiggle the bat like a madman and he is open. So way off isn't exaggerated, its dead on. He bats nothing like he does in the show. Therefore, if he came up with no name and no face in the Show, I would have no clue who he was supposed to be.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-22-2011, 10:28 PM   #186
Rookie

I'm not trying to start any arguments here or anything, but as someone who watches the Mets every game, literally, I know what their stances look like.

Jason Bay - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jf0Pk5D5u7M

David Wright - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=My7MC...eature=related
Old 01-22-2011, 10:37 PM   #187
MVP

Shakedowncapo's Arena

OVR: 18

I meant his stance is exaggerated(the bat wiggling) but in the end takes nothing away from being able to pick him out. He does have an open stance, but I wouldn't call him "way off".
Old 01-22-2011, 11:00 PM   #188
Pro

OVR: 7

To the OP: did i hear you correctly when you said you have more videos to post?
have you posted them yet or will we have to wait a week or two?

this has me excited
Old 01-22-2011, 11:06 PM   #189
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakedowncapo
I meant his stance is exaggerated(the bat wiggling) but in the end takes nothing away from being able to pick him out. He does have an open stance, but I wouldn't call him "way off".
IDK about that....... but It's not as bad as some player's stances. I could see Ike Davis' stance being way off but there are some similarities in Asdurbal Cabrera's in-game stance (which is the stance that looks like is assigned to davis) and Ike's real-life stance.
Old 01-22-2011, 11:33 PM   #190
Rookie

OVR: 2
jason bay doesnt wiggled his bat as much as hes more open, if they mad his stance better id be very happy
Old 01-23-2011, 12:34 PM   #191
Rookie

mrhenry209's Arena

From the videos I've seen so far, it looks like many players were simply assigned another player's stance, or their unchanged stance from years past. However, some players have been given new stances, and they all look great (except Aubrey Huff and Elvis Andrus). I would assume that the ones that were changed were because they no longer worked with the new player models. At least there won't be an over-population of Generic 1 since SCEA is assigning pretty much everyone a stance now-- either their own or another player's.
NFL: Detroit Lions
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-23-2011, 02:11 PM   #192
Animal Liberation

EnigmaNemesis's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhenry209
From the videos I've seen so far, it looks like many players were simply assigned another player's stance, or their unchanged stance from years past. However, some players have been given new stances, and they all look great (except Aubrey Huff and Elvis Andrus). I would assume that the ones that were changed were because they no longer worked with the new player models. At least there won't be an over-population of Generic 1 since SCEA is assigning pretty much everyone a stance now-- either their own or another player's.
You can not go by the videos you have seen. They were still working on, adjusting and adding stances while we were there, after these videos were recorded, and well after we have left.

You will have to wait till the game is final in order to fully know.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »