Home

MLB 11 The Show: Franchise Trade and Off Season Logic Has Been Massively Improved

This is a discussion on MLB 11 The Show: Franchise Trade and Off Season Logic Has Been Massively Improved within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-24-2011, 07:24 PM   #33
MVP

Stroehms's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: Franchise Trade and off season logic has been massively improved

I can't wait to start my franchise with the Full Minors roster.

So stoked for this game! Great Job guys.

So does this mean we can resign players during the season?
Old 01-24-2011, 07:28 PM   #34
Game Designer

tabarnes19_SDS's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by KolbeSCEA
It has been extremely difficult - so a big "you better damn like it" damnit from Jeff and I to you!

Neither of us has slept more than 4 hours a day since Thursday when we started down this road. We still have a few kinks to work out but I'm really pumped about the improvements thus far.

Details... no, but I believe I'll allow RamOne to give you his impressions (He's playing with our changes today).

{edit} Let me make one fact clear... We did not do even 10% of what I want to do with Franchise... This is the best we can do with the time we have remaining. So dont go expecting Expansion mode or any other nutball idea {/edit}
-K

Thanks Kolbe, top notch as always.
Old 01-24-2011, 07:40 PM   #35
SCEA Community Manager

Russell_SCEA's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazing808s
Can one of the SCEA developers finally explain what does training do? How does it improve a player?

What are those weird checklist option for training assignments for? Do they work?

Player progression works two ways during the season based on performance your players will fluctuate attribute wise. Training is what makes them improve after the season is over. You want to train your players in what you think is important for about 3-5 weeks at a time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-24-2011, 07:42 PM   #36
MVP

Heroesandvillains's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayman
The 2013 problem from my limited testing is that with training, players in general become too good and demand really high contracts. The problem becomes two fold, one there is too many good players and two it creates a large amount of very good players as free agents. I found that if training is set to manual and no training is actually done (30 team control) the talent level stays at a reasonable level and the free agent issue disappears.
Just to add to this post Kolbe, the 2013 FA issue has a lot to do with how younger players (developed into studs due to their high potential) will sign much cheaper (from what I understand) than let's say, Joe Maurer.

The CPU is making a good call currently. They see great ratings, potential and age. It's just that these prospects (who've developed into all-star caliber players) dillute the 2013 FA market, and good/established vets are going left unsigned.

Knight can probably explain this better than me. LOL The post I quoted IS helpful, but leaves the "issue" a little under explained.

It's mostly linked to potential. Thus, this is why "untraining" eases the problem, as these prospects develop less quickly into stars.

Last edited by Heroesandvillains; 01-24-2011 at 07:45 PM.
Old 01-24-2011, 07:43 PM   #37
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Nice.....very nice.
Kolbe...thank you very much. It's greatly appreciated.

Just FYI guys....Kolbe is aware of the 2013...he told me if he could work it out....he would. It sounds like trades took a great effort though.
I'll be okay with no training again....mainly because....did you guys read?...
"It's not even 10% of what I want to do to franchise!!"
I like the sound of that.

Kolbe...how did you lasso Jeff back to the franchise section?!

M.K.
Knight165
Old 01-24-2011, 07:50 PM   #38
Game Designer

tabarnes19_SDS's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
Nice.....very nice.
Kolbe...thank you very much. It's greatly appreciated.

Just FYI guys....Kolbe is aware of the 2013...he told me if he could work it out....he would. It sounds like trades took a great effort though.
I'll be okay with no training again....mainly because....did you guys read?...
"It's not even 10% of what I want to do to franchise!!"
I like the sound of that.

Kolbe...how did you lasso Jeff back to the franchise section?!

M.K.
Knight165
Depending on what aspects of offseason have been worked on that could alleviate the problem as well. If the cpu sees a player with 0 years MLB experience and just renews and offers reasonable arbitration in first 6 years things will be ok. Problem really occurred with prospects getting 5-9 million and no mlb experience.

If not a "good roster set " will help with few A potential players. Very encouraging news. I'm really interested to hear more about what has been done to offseason.
Old 01-24-2011, 07:56 PM   #39
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

I will hazard a guess as to a few of the changes to trading.

1....the frequency as it pertains to the date in the season. I think we'll see less trades in May-June...much more in July...and similar numbers after the deadline.
2. The difficulty in trading with the CPU(as to what Ramone has already referred to)
3. What the CPU teams look for in regards to their current status in both depth and the standings.

Off season?....I really have no idea....as Kolbe snuck this in!! (so to say)

tb;
I think you are right....the off season workings and being able to balance the rosters now....right off the bat will help big time. There were just too many A pitchers in the default to work off last year. I know the O.S.F.M. will have much fewer A's in it this year.

M.K.
Knight165
Old 01-24-2011, 07:57 PM   #40
Stop! Homer Time!

theaub's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
Player progression works two ways during the season based on performance your players will fluctuate attribute wise. Training is what makes them improve after the season is over. You want to train your players in what you think is important for about 3-5 weeks at a time.
Oh sweet I didn't know that was in the game.

Thanks

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »