Home

Excitement Building

This is a discussion on Excitement Building within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-03-2011, 12:50 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Excitement Building

Okay, Green Bay is in the Super Bowl so it was time to upgrade my tv from a 46" to 3D ready 65". I decided to get a Blu-Ray player as well so obviously my only option became a PS3 so I could play The Show instead of being stuck with the alternative on my 360. After lurking on this thread for a few days & reading nearly the entire new/updated gameplay thread and the screenshot request thread, my anticipation for this game is through the roof.

Maybe I wouldn't be so psyched for this and could satiate myself with MLB 05 on the WII (gamecube), except finally the Brewers have an awesome rotation to start out with and I won't have to unload solid offense for a formidable rotation.

In addition as I only have one controller it made it an even easier decision for me to pre-order the "Show" controller.

Last edited by CodyBadger; 02-03-2011 at 12:54 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-03-2011, 12:55 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 11
Re: Excitement Building

Congrats and welcome to the PS3 family! My PSN ID is Jdurg in case you ever want to play a game of MLB '11:The Show this year. The PS3 is a great gaming system, and since you now have a PS3 a Wii and a 360, you have access to all of the great games out there. For some great PS3 games, I suggest picking up Metal Gear Solid 4, The God Of War Collection, and God Of War III to start out. Of course, you WILL be picking up this year's version of The Show once that comes out.

Enjoy!
Old 02-03-2011, 01:35 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

Yeah so far I've picked up Red Dead Redemption, The Saboteur, Gran Turismo 5, Uncharted : Drakes Fortune, and pre-ordered MLB The Show 11.
Old 02-03-2011, 02:47 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 2

Dam a 65" TV jeez.The show has to look freaking **** On that HDTV set I could only imagine some one walking into a room and goes , like dude are you actually controlling a live baseball game lol .

Old 02-03-2011, 03:36 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 10

Congrats on the purchase! Now go get Heavy Rain!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-03-2011, 04:48 AM   #6
MVP

Bondsfan's Arena

OVR: 8

I bought my PS3 last year for the show, which was worth it. But also, play both Uncharted games, Heavy Rain, and God of War, including the God of War collection that is the remastered 1st and 2nd game. All aregreat PS3 exclusives.
Old 02-03-2011, 06:40 AM   #7
4 straight Cy Young awds

Mad dog 31's Arena

OVR: 5

I bought my PS3 in 2007 (took a couple of years to think about it), and have never touched my 360 since. My son still uses it, but it's gotten the "red ring of death" time after time.
My PS3 (now 4yrs old) is still running like a champ. I cannot believe I bought it back when it was a 5-600 dollar toy, but I have to say that the only reason I did was to play THE SHOW, and I haven't been the least bit disappointed!!!! It was worth every penny!!!!!!
Old 02-03-2011, 07:22 AM   #8
JJT
MVP

JJT's Arena

OVR: 4

I hate the ps3 controller so it never sees the time of day, unless I wanna watch a blu ray or play the new show for awhile.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »