Home

Let's talk hitting - settings and guess pitch.

This is a discussion on Let's talk hitting - settings and guess pitch. within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-12-2011, 01:40 AM   #17
Hall Of Fame

Flightwhite24's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Let's talk hitting - settings and guess pitch.

All Star and I also knock Pitch Speed down a couple clicks. Guess Pitch on and everything else on default.
Old 02-12-2011, 01:03 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 3

I use it but only guess fastballs and a location. And yes, in a way it's unrealistic but at the same time it simulates how a hitter can be looking for a specific pitch to hit. Most major league hitters can pick up on what a pitch is doing out of the pitchers hand just by seeing the spin on the ball. Personally, I wouldn't mind something more like what MVP 05 had with the batter's eye feature. But at this point that's about the only thing MVP had that's still better than the Show.
Old 03-11-2011, 11:14 AM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 1

I've got a question. What are the differences between the guess pitch settings? For example, default, 1/4 etc.

Thanks.
Old 03-11-2011, 11:50 AM   #20
Banned

OVR: 2

I was never a real big "guess pitch" guy and always thought it was kind of cheesy...however, while playing online (this year) I've noticed that in general it is really tough to hit so I started using it and after using if a few games I don't think it gives you this over whelming advantage (as I previously thought), it does help, but it's not that significant that it throws the game out of balance so I think I'll continue to use it. I have also been converted to analog hitting for online games, I've found that my timing seems to better and my results are better with analog controls. Maybe I'm getting old and my reaction time is sub par but I'm finding it almost impossible to hit with the "zone" hitting...reading the pitch, accurately picking the zone (L stick) and getting the correct timing (w/ button press) seems really really tough these days....I remember it being challenging in last years game, but not this tough. You sacrifice control by using analog hitting and simply rely on timing and player ratings but it's not bad...I'm adapting.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »