Home

MLB 11 "Road To The Show" thread

This is a discussion on MLB 11 "Road To The Show" thread within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-09-2011, 04:00 AM   #1633
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 11 "Road To The Show" thread

Five starts into 2012 and I'm the ace of the AAA staff, so far 3-2 with a 0.69 ERA. Each start gets me a ton of training points, so I try and make the most of those by filling out other areas and making myself a decent hitter, being in the NL and all.

I'm modelling my pitching style after Greg Maddux, so I'm not big on getting wicked speed on my pitches, I'm all about finessing my way through. Hopefully they add me to the 40 man roster soon, I'm getting tired of completing my achievements and getting "You're not ready for the 40 man yet." WTF.
Old 06-09-2011, 12:05 PM   #1634
Rookie

My CF got called up early, in May of his first season, as an injury fill-in (for a pitcher that got hurt, not even a position guy). He was only batting .230 in AA, and he's definitely over-matched in AAA. It's now a month later, he's still under .200, that pitcher came off the DL and they didn't send me down. I guess I appreciate the promotion, but I'd rather go back down so I can earn more points. The two CFs on the AA team are both on fire right now, and hitting over .300, maybe they will call one of those up and let me go back down a while. And their overalls are better than mine anyway, not sure why they called me up.
Old 06-09-2011, 04:09 PM   #1635
Rookie

OVR: 2

So my A's finished 88-74 and sneaked in as the Wild Card. Beat the Red Sox in 5, and got a bunch of extra points! Now the 2nd best overall player on the roster behind Bailey.

Here's how the ALDS ended, with some guy on the Sox flying into a double play. Yeah...not much of an arm on my speedster.

On to the ALCS against the Rangers.
Here's my speedster getting his Rickey Henderson on. Runs like Rickey, hits and styles like him, too.

Last edited by ChernoTheInferno; 06-09-2011 at 05:03 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2011, 01:29 PM   #1636
Rookie

I maxed out my speed, BR ability, and BR aggression but for some reason while taking the same lead and getting the same jump I can’t steal 2nd base. Is there something I’m missing? Does the mechanics of base stealing change when you max out the attributes?
Old 06-10-2011, 05:06 PM   #1637
LVP

BatsareBugs's Arena

OVR: 39

Base stealing is really hard in RTTS. According to the simmed stats, someone with a 67 in BR ability and 40 BR aggressiveness should still between 14-19 bases while being caught around 4-7 times, but I feel like I have a less than 50% chance even with a good jump with those ratings. I've given up in just letting the stolen base stats go.

Is the pitcher doing a slide step or using a sped-up motion? Also it seems like every catcher has a strong throwing arm. Some have suggested keeping an eye on the catcher and as soon as the catcher moves to get set, go.

In the minors I had a terrible steal percentage even when selectively running on pitchers with terribly slow motions, only for the catcher (some with less than stellar arm ratings) to gun me down with a perfect strike every time at second. I've changed some of the sliders to at least make it a bit fairer.

Last edited by BatsareBugs; 06-10-2011 at 05:14 PM.
Old 06-11-2011, 10:09 PM   #1638
The Champ Is Here

Doormat's Arena

OVR: 27

Don't know if I should continue playing this mode...

Finished my AAA season and only got one contract offer,I finally accepted it.
First 2 days of the season ( Like 2 weeks before the season started) I get sent down for doing "bad" even though no one in the world had a chance to bat, I sim after that to next appearance, and get called up 2 days after getting sent down. AGAIN I did NOT even get to bat yet
Old 06-11-2011, 11:52 PM   #1639
Rookie

finally made it to the bigs a little over halway through my second season. I made a 1B for the Colorado Rockies and moved to AAA halfway through year 1 then was traded to the twins. Was killing it in AAA and was just traded to the Cubs for Derek Lee and immediately called up wooo!!... first MLB at bat 1-2-3 strike out lol but second was a single
Old 06-12-2011, 02:33 AM   #1640
Rookie

OVR: 2

So the A's won the world series and I won Playoffs MVP! Yay! I restarted the games btw if needed to draw out the series. I don't really care if that's "cheating" as I used the points from those games to increase my 99-speed, 99-BR Ability speedster's BR Aggressiveness. Yay, up to 68 now! Man, if only the developers were sane and didn't make me waste points on this and just made it a slider. Apparently you need training to actually use the speed and ability. I'm sure Rickey Henderson, even when having insane speed and wonderful baserunning skills still had to train to actually decide to steal bases. I'm guessing it involves going to a motivational sports psychologist who tells my 99-speed, 99-BR Ability centerfielder that he can do it and cheering him on! I really hope BR Aggressiveness is a freely movable slider next year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »