Home

MLB 11 "Road To The Show" thread

This is a discussion on MLB 11 "Road To The Show" thread within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-20-2011, 03:41 PM   #1729
Rookie

Slasher727's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 11 "Road To The Show" thread

Bumped up to AAA!!!!! Oh yeah!
Old 06-20-2011, 04:13 PM   #1730
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBdhKid
So is it fun to be a closer?

A closer is awesome and a must try for everyone here a a few reasons why a closer and diffrent and unique. Ever since I bought this game I've been trying to campign for people on here to try a career as a closer.

1. You only pitch 1 inning meaning you can play a game in like 5 min.

2. You don't have to worry about siming a bunch of stuff and can get through whole seasons and even a career and still have time for other stuff in the game or another video game

3. Once you become a closer you enter the game in a pressure situation and no room for error. The rush of coming into a game with a 1 run lead and striking out the side with 97 mph heat is awesome.

4. Also if you have a gf/wife she might even enjoy it for all the reasons I just said bc you dont have to worry about playing defense or timing pitches are anything like that.

5. You still are not handed the closer job and will have to work for it.
Old 06-20-2011, 04:14 PM   #1731
Rookie

Hey guys, new to the forum. I'm having a hard time hitting and pitch recognition. My contact is 70 for both LHP and RHP so I'm going to work on that. Is there any stat that helps you determine where the ball is going to be located or is it pretty much based off of what I can and recognize?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2011, 04:21 PM   #1732
Rookie

Kentucky_Gentleman's Arena

I love being a closer. It's the funnest I've had in RTTS in a long time. Like one poster said you're not handed the closer job so a lot of times you're a middle reliever or set-up man and come in during tough situations. I just like the challenge of it.
Old 06-20-2011, 04:29 PM   #1733
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kentucky_Gentleman
I love being a closer. It's the funnest I've had in RTTS in a long time. Like one poster said you're not handed the closer job so a lot of times you're a middle reliever or set-up man and come in during tough situations. I just like the challenge of it.
I started out as 18 year old rookie and im 24 now and im in my first year as a closer. I was about 1.5 years in the big leagues before the ever let me close. I spend a full year as the #1 set up man. My goal is to come in and get a save to clinch the world series. The one year my team (astros) made the world series I didnt make the post season roster.

Its sept. of my first year closing and I've got 30 saves but my ERA is like 4.10. I'm on like the worst team in baseball now so my goals of reaching a world series arent looking good.
Old 06-20-2011, 04:29 PM   #1734
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pludenfr
Hey guys, new to the forum. I'm having a hard time hitting and pitch recognition. My contact is 70 for both LHP and RHP so I'm going to work on that. Is there any stat that helps you determine where the ball is going to be located or is it pretty much based off of what I can and recognize?
Unfortunately no. You can slow the pitch speed down with sliders, but even that is not a huge adjustment. I recommend the "discipline" session in the Practice mode, doing that a few times helped me a bunch. But even with that, I still get hacktastic at times. I have to consciously tell myself to slow down, be patient, and watch the pitches.

What I tend to do is use "guess" to guess fastball, and don't swing at a breaking pitch until I get 2 strikes. Then I'll use the contact swing, and quit guessing, to get the largest possible contact area. There are plenty of threads on the main portion of the board about help on hitting, they have a lot of great tips to check out.
Old 06-20-2011, 05:08 PM   #1735
Rookie

FSanchez12's Arena

OVR: 2

Held out for the entire offseason hoping to get an offer from anywhere but Florida. Looks like another year with the pathetic Marlins offense.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2011, 05:11 PM   #1736
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSanchez12
Held out for the entire offseason hoping to get an offer from anywhere but Florida. Looks like another year with the pathetic Marlins offense.
Have you passed your arbitration years already? You don't become a free agent for 6 years - they own you outright for 3 years and then you have 3 arb years where they are the only ones that can negotiate with you (unless you qualified as a Super Two).

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »